Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

500 mile email sign up-Earn Bonus Miles And A Chance To Win A Vacation

500 mile email sign up-Earn Bonus Miles And A Chance To Win A Vacation

Old Jun 4, 2009, 6:59 am
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by mvoight
Was it like this?
05/29/09 TRAVEL BRAIN PROMO EMAIL 0 500 500

It was a busy month

Total Miles Posted 30,166 85,474 115,640

I believe this is my first 100K RDM month.

Yup - I had two of those 500 mile bonuses post. Whee!

Wow...115K for the month? Good job! I'm only at 87K...but I have a few flights next week.
Old Jun 4, 2009, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
I got this bonus as well, but it is just another of the surprise miles bonuses I've gotten from AA over the past few weeks.

I had a 10,000 mile bonus post 2 weeks ago for no apparent reason. AA feeling generous?

Tom Thumb Grocery Store 250 mile bonuses come in all the time (limited to DFW area) and then the new bonuses from AA-Dining.
Old Jun 4, 2009, 9:25 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by oldpenny16
I got this bonus as well, but it is just another of the surprise miles bonuses I've gotten from AA over the past few weeks.

I had a 10,000 mile bonus post 2 weeks ago for no apparent reason. AA feeling generous?

Tom Thumb Grocery Store 250 mile bonuses come in all the time (limited to DFW area) and then the new bonuses from AA-Dining.
Did Tom Thumb stop doing the 250mi bonuses? I haven't gotten any in a while. My tom thumb receipt used to say "you've earned xxx towards your $250"
Old Jun 4, 2009, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
Tom Thumb is working fine and dandy for us. Email or telephone their customer service and see what has gone wrong. Tom Thumb miles have been a great benefit to us over the years.
Old Jun 4, 2009, 4:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Got my 500 miles
Old Jun 4, 2009, 9:13 pm

Programs: AA PLAT (2.8MM), DL Diamond, UA*S, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTE, Hilton DIAMOND, IHG PLT
I got mine posted today
Old Jun 5, 2009, 7:35 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
mine posted as well.
Old Jun 6, 2009, 3:44 pm

Programs: UA Gold-1MM, Hhonors Diamond, Marriott/SPG Gold
Originally Posted by chanp
mine posted as well.
Mine too, but I had to do a search on flyertalk to even figure out what this bonus was. I had absolutely no recollection of ever signing up for this!^
Old Jul 15, 2009, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
this is one of those that I won't remember by about an hour from now; so if it posts, I'll be surprised and wondering what it was from; if it never posts, well I'll never miss it
...which is precisely how I found this thread. "Travel Brain" appears in my account, and I can think of nothing else but to search FT and see if you all can remind me what I did to get 1500 miles...
Originally Posted by britenbsas
Even more patient....with this promo, you have to subscribe to the email(s) for 3 months and the miles will post within 6 weeks of the end of this 3 month period so about the end of May!
...or, in my case, July...

Weird thing is the post date for the bonus is still May 29, but I'm quite positive it wasn't on my account until within the last few days. Indeed, when I'm logged into my account, it appears in the "current" summary, which is the one after the "July" summary (which shows a credit card bonus from 29 June) and the "June" summary (which shows a credit card bonus from 27 May). Strange.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.