Name spelled wrong on int'l ticket

Old Jan 9, 2009, 10:11 am

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by MIKESILV
In what language is Jones a mispelling of Smith?
Same language as your mis(s)pelling I guess.
Old Jan 9, 2009, 11:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA 1MM/Gold, Marriott Gold
Going to TPE with a transit-only in HKG. Will call CX to see if they can do anything, or see the AA remark in the record.
Old Jan 9, 2009, 11:05 am

Programs: DL PM, Hilton/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by benzguy80
so what happens when next US president goes to check in prior to inauguration and his ticket lists his name as Osama?

[incoming! hit the deck!]

Hopefully there isn't a "no-fly list" for AF1...
Old Jan 9, 2009, 11:19 am

Programs: AA PLT, UA Silver, EK Gold, Hilton Diamond, Global Entry, Clear
Originally Posted by socalterp
Going to TPE with a transit-only in HKG.
I think you'll be ok with that; but if it were me I would still make every effort to get it corrected. I know at least two people who were denied entrance to Burma (Myanmar) last year; one was quite likely due to an issue similar to yours.
Old Jan 9, 2009, 11:25 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by RachelG
My correct name is Rachel, but on my AA account and most tickets, it is spelled as Rachael. I have tried to correct this multiple times, but it keeps reverting to Rachael. Apparently 22 years ago when my AA account was set up, someone entered it incorrectly, and the computer system is very stubborn. I have had agents try to change it at the airport, I have called AA, but now I have just given up on it and accepted it as the way AA wants my name spelled.
Are you really surprised that "AA" wanted to add an extra 'a' to your name?

Cheers.
Old Jan 9, 2009, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by brp

Cheers.
Do you reAAlly think they'd do that?
Old Jan 9, 2009, 11:55 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Delta Platinum
My wife's passport has her maiden name hyphenated with mine while her frequent flyer accounts, and therefore all her tickets, uses just my name. In other words, her passport says Jane Doe-Maturin while her tickets just say Jane Maturin. She has never had any trouble flying either domestically or internationally.
Old Jan 9, 2009, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
so what happens when next US president goes to check in prior to inauguration and his ticket lists his name as Osama?

I suppose TSA would know that his name is really Obama and the ticket has a typo. Do you suppose he is going to check in at a "gate" and fly commercial to DC?
Old Jan 9, 2009, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by captaink

Hopefully there isn't a "no-fly list" for AF1...
AF1 doesn't has a "fly" list.
If you aren't on it, you don't fly
Additionally, unless he is flying to the inauguration with GWB, the plane isn't AF1
Old Jan 9, 2009, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by mvoight
I suppose TSA would know that his name is really Obama and the ticket has a typo. Do you suppose he is going to check in at a "gate" and fly commercial to DC?
AF1 doesn't has a "fly" list.
If you aren't on it, you don't fly
Additionally, unless he is flying to the inauguration with GWB, the plane isn't AF1
According to Merriam Webster:

Main Entry:
Joke
Pronunciation:
\ˈjōk\
Function:
noun
Etymology:
Latin jocus; perhaps akin to Old High German gehan to say, Sanskrit yācati he asks
Date:

1 a: something said or done to provoke laughter ; especially : a brief oral narrative with a climactic humorous twist b (1): the humorous or ridiculous element in something (2): an instance of jesting : kidding <can't take a joke> c: practical joke d: laughingstock2: something not to be taken seriously : a trifling matter <consider his skiing a joke — Harold Callender> —often used in negative constructions <it is no joke to be lost in the desert>
Old Jan 9, 2009, 4:42 pm

Programs: CX Silver
FWIW, Obama landed at Andrews AFB last weekend on a USAF plane - one that usually flies the VP, apparently.
Old Jan 9, 2009, 5:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA PLT, BA Gold

I dont think he will be flying commercial ever again only on his own plane Air Force One
Old Jan 9, 2009, 5:31 pm

Programs: AA Gold, *wood Gold, Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by aagoldflyer
I dont think he will be flying commercial ever again only on his own plane Air Force One
Uh, despite what some think Obama won't be president forever. And the current occupant won't have an Air Force One to commander thankfully after Jan. 20.

There are reports on the CO FT forum about seeing Bush 41 and Barbara flying CO F.

But I do love your name!
Old Jan 9, 2009, 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by brp

Cheers.
^^
Old Jan 9, 2009, 5:50 pm
Ambassador: China

Programs: UA AA CO
Originally Posted by socalterp
Just booked a couple of J award seats to Asia on CX with AA miles (with help of the Asia Miles award tool - thanks!) When I got the itins e-mailed to me, noticed that my wife's name was spelled incorrectly. How this happened, I have no idea, as the miles for her ticket came from her account, and I'm pretty sure it was right when the ticket was on hold. The record locator still shows under her AA account, and as does her status...but will this be an issue come travel time because it doesn't match her passport?

The Agent I talked to said it shouldn't be a problem, because it was a typo/misspelling, but that all she could do is document it in the record, because CX doesn't allow name changes. Anybody had experience with this?
On UA had to pay $100 a few years ago because the ticketed name didn't match the passport so were denying boarding. No much choice when the
planes leaving in 20 minutes. (BUR-PEK)

It was a first name middle name switch.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.