FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   Need Help finding Biz Tix to Europe (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/900579-need-help-finding-biz-tix-europe.html)

jeautk01 Dec 18, 2008 12:14 am

Need Help finding Biz Tix to Europe

I am looking for two milesaver Biz seats to Italy in August, but I can't find more than one seat available to any city in europe. Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks

stu52 Dec 18, 2008 12:41 am

You might try getting a membership to ExpertFlyer and set up an alert.

jeautk01 Dec 18, 2008 12:49 am

Do you find it that useful?
Any guess on the chances of getting that second ticket?

stu52 Dec 18, 2008 12:57 am

I only recently signed up for ExpertFlyer and, so, I have limited experience with it. I know that you can set up an alert for a fare class on a particular date for a given airline and route. The trouble would be that the fare may or may not become available for the date(s) you want until very close to that date. That would only be helpful to you if you are flexible enough with your travel plans.

I took a different approach and booked my award trip 330 days out and called at midnight Dallas time.

jeautk01 Dec 18, 2008 1:00 am

thanks

TxH2O Dec 18, 2008 1:05 am

Please note that getting two seats on any given flight to Italy in the summer is extremely difficult. It may be advisable to stagger on a connection through LHR (as multiple flights exist from ORD, DFW and JFK) or attempt to route through Canada on BA. There are other tricks on here but may require separate flying at some point. Good luck!

jeautk01 Dec 18, 2008 1:09 am

stagger flights? do you mean flying on different days?

TxH2O Dec 18, 2008 1:14 am

Originally Posted by jeautk01 (Post 10927246)
stagger flights? do you mean flying on different days?

No, for example if you route ORD-LHR then one person takes one flight but the other is on the next flight, and one has a longer connection in LHR as a result. This is assuming that each flight has one seat available. That way both are booked into J MileSAAver, then you start to check availability to switch to the same flight.

jeautk01 Dec 18, 2008 1:19 am

Got it. thanks

dg4255 Dec 18, 2008 1:21 am

Using AA miles, your best bet is absolutely flying into LHR and then connecting to where you want to go. Iberian doesn't offer good service anymore since they changed all BCN service to Clickair. Now, IB is only through MAD. AY offers horrible service to Italy, so that's not a viable option. You're left with BA which offers very frequent and good service to FCO(only LHR), MXP (only LHR), LIN (only LHR), VCE (LHR and LGW), NAP (only LGW), BLQ (only LGW), and VRN (only LGW). You shouldn't have a problem getting a flight to any of those cities.

flippy110 Dec 18, 2008 8:50 am

Originally Posted by dg4255 (Post 10927268)
. Iberian doesn't offer good service anymore since they changed all BCN service to Clickair. .

And they sneakily changed the rest of the flights to operate under "Iberia".

benzguy80 Dec 18, 2008 11:39 am

Originally Posted by TxH2O (Post 10927252)
No, for example if you route ORD-LHR then one person takes one flight but the other is on the next flight, and one has a longer connection in LHR as a result. This is assuming that each flight has one seat available. That way both are booked into J MileSAAver, then you start to check availability to switch to the same flight.

something else came to mind when I read "stagger flights", like too much time in J/F with free flowing hooch :p

firespirit Dec 18, 2008 12:01 pm

I was looking for tickets too. I managed to find 3 milesAAver First class tickets to Brussels in August, but I haven't finalized plans, so I haven't gotten them yet, I'm also trying to figure out if we want to get to Europe via Brussels or see if there is another way...

jucstransport Dec 18, 2008 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by dg4255 (Post 10927268)
AY offers horrible service to Italy,

I have always enjoyed Finnair, and the connections at HEL are easy!:rolleyes:

3Cforme Dec 18, 2008 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by jucstransport (Post 10931152)
I have always enjoyed Finnair, and the connections at HEL are easy!:rolleyes:

I think dg was talking about frequency and number of Italian destinations, not AY's level of on-board service.