Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Top 42 American Airlines AAdvantage Program Secrets -- new report

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2008, 10:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: EXP AA 5.7MM, Diamond HHonors, a bit of Marriott, a bit of United, a bit of this and that

I received an e-mail this morning from First Class Flyer, advertising (and describing in tantalizing detail) the "Top 42 American Airlines AAdvantage Program Secrets." The price has been slashed from the regular $197 to $97--if one acts within the next 72 hours. From the description of many of the "secrets" that this report reveals it appears that most, if not all, of the information is available either in some documented form on the AA website or can be found somewhere here on FT. My question: Has anyone in the community actually looked at one of these reports? What's your take on this "secret" info?

Here's the link to the report: https://secure7.iproduction.com/firs...41&stype=EMAIL

Last edited by AAbuzzard; Dec 16, 2008 at 10:14 am Reason: URL didn't work
Old Dec 16, 2008, 10:53 am

Programs: AA Plat- 2MM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold\
Originally Posted by AAbuzzard
I received an e-mail this morning from First Class Flyer, advertising (and describing in tantalizing detail) the "Top 42 American Airlines AAdvantage Program Secrets." The price has been slashed from the regular $197 to $97--if one acts within the next 72 hours. From the description of many of the "secrets" that this report reveals it appears that most, if not all, of the information is available either in some documented form on the AA website or can be found somewhere here on FT. My question: Has anyone in the community actually looked at one of these reports? What's your take on this "secret" info?

Here's the link to the report: https://secure7.iproduction.com/firs...41&stype=EMAIL
got the same email. probably all info available online at aa or ft, just requires some reading.
Old Dec 16, 2008, 10:59 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold, Hyatt Gold, MR Plat, SPG Plat, PC Plat
Where there's mystery, there's margin! If there isn't any mystery, create some...
Old Dec 16, 2008, 11:57 am

Programs: AA PLT, B6 Mosaic, Marriott Platinum, FPC/Accor Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Great news! 42 thousand AAdvantage hints on flyertalk.com for the low low low low price of FREE.
Old Dec 16, 2008, 12:07 pm

Have never seen the report, but from the contents, it's hard to imagine there's a "secret" you won't find on this board. Rather spend the $$ on expert flyer.
Old Dec 16, 2008, 12:13 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by pjoalfa
Great news! 42 thousand AAdvantage hints on flyertalk.com for the low low low low price of FREE.
Originally Posted by PanAmFT
Have never seen the report, but from the contents, it's hard to imagine there's a "secret" you won't find on this board. Rather spend the $$ on expert flyer.
The one reason someone might want to pay for this, assuming that it's well-written, is that it consolidates the information. It may all be available here, but one has to wade through a lot to find it. Like the market. All of the information in newsletters and such is publicly-available (otherwise the authors are heading to jail ) but it takes a lot of effort to find it. People pay quite a bit for investment strategies and newsletters; this is no different. Many are willing to spend money to save time.

If one is new here, how do you know what "secrets" to look for if you don't already have an idea of what you're looking for?

Cheers.
Old Dec 16, 2008, 12:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EXP AA 5.7MM, Diamond HHonors, a bit of Marriott, a bit of United, a bit of this and that
As I said in my original post, I assume that much (if not all) of the info in the newsletter/report is available from other sources, among them this forum. My question is still: Has anyone in the community looked at such a report and found it to be worth its money (where "worth" is obviously a highly variable concept)? I agree with brp that having the information consolidated in one place may be worth the price of admission, at least to some.
Old Dec 16, 2008, 3:07 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by PanAmFT
it's hard to imagine there's a "secret" you won't find on this board.
You need a more vivid imagination.
Old Dec 16, 2008, 4:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by brp
... It may all be available here, but one has to wade through a lot to find it. Like the market. ...
Originally Posted by AAbuzzard
...I agree with brp that having the information consolidated in one place may be worth the price of admission, at least to some.
The Wiki goes a long way towards this:Thanks to lots of work from people like dstan. ^

Still:
Discover the where and when of more than 100,000+ Business Class Award Seats on American with our freshly completed Intelligence Report. This dossier covers 25 routes over the next nearly 11 months.
I presume these Business seats are international or trans-continental.
Old Dec 16, 2008, 7:03 pm

Programs: AA Platinum 1MM - Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by brp
The one reason someone might want to pay for this, assuming that it's well-written, is that it consolidates the information. It may all be available here, but one has to wade through a lot to find it. Like the market. All of the information in newsletters and such is publicly-available (otherwise the authors are heading to jail ) but it takes a lot of effort to find it. People pay quite a bit for investment strategies and newsletters; this is no different. Many are willing to spend money to save time.

If one is new here, how do you know what "secrets" to look for if you don't already have an idea of what you're looking for?

Cheers.
Great answer.
Old Dec 16, 2008, 7:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
This forum is free, but the paid report is probably less snarky.
Old Dec 16, 2008, 7:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by swag
This forum is free, but the paid report is probably less snarky.
But most likely also less complete, less accurate and less up to date. You pays your money (or not) and you takes your choice.
Old Dec 16, 2008, 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by brp
assuming that it's well-written
That's the key. When I was first doing my self-directed crash course in FF programs I would have been happy for a well written guide. Though not necessarily willing to pay more than the price of a normal book for it.

I still find that many of the things I learn come from places like Boardingarea.com and the like. Well curated and well written information is always a blessing. Though maybe not always a value.
Old Dec 17, 2008, 8:06 am

Programs: AA EXP (LT Plat), HH DIA, Hyatt DIA
I am considering ordering this publication with the same thoughts expressed in Brps response. I haven’t determined if my curiosity is worth $97. I guess it would be wrong, maybe even illegal??? to ask someone to PM me if they were interested in splitting the cost?
Old Dec 17, 2008, 8:26 am

Programs: AA GLD .25MM, CO, UA, US, DL, HH, SPG (all cardboard)
Originally Posted by dayone
You need a more vivid imagination.
I could tell you who shot JFK, but the search function isn't letting me find that post again.

Originally Posted by Gandhi90s
But most likely also less complete, less accurate and less up to date. You pays your money (or not) and you takes your choice.
I'm not sure it'll be less accurate compared to the average post here. It will probably be less accurate than the best posts here. It's the filtering that is so tricky...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.