Search

Have you tried the AA cheeseburger?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2008, 8:50 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Have you tried the AA cheeseburger?

Had my first chance to try it today ORD-SFO and enjoyed it (other choice was a salad with chicken). Comes with a side plate with tomato slices, pickles, and a slice of lettuce to add, and a bag of chips.

PHOTO HERE
Old Nov 26, 2008, 9:05 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Does anyone know if you can request it w/o cheese? I hope AA has ketchup on board for the burgers
Old Nov 26, 2008, 9:11 pm
Original Poster

They provided packets of mayo, ketchup, and mustard. Don't know if you can get one cheese-free.
Old Nov 26, 2008, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Looks a bit gross to me.

But maybe that's because I don't eat red meat.
Old Nov 26, 2008, 9:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, SPG Platinum
I haven't tried it yet, but on a recent flight my seatmate ordered it without the bun. So, he got the ground beef patty on a plate; he put the tomatos on top and had ketchup on the side for dipping. He ate every bite.

I think I might try it this way, as that bun looks huge; if eaten as a cheeseburger I'm betting it's a pretty dry experience. Those packets have like half a teaspoon of mustard/ketchup/etc.
Old Nov 26, 2008, 9:24 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
They had it on my last DFW-SLC flight... I chose the salad over it just because I wasn't sure if it was going to be better than the salad. My seatmate chose it and didn't like it though.
Old Nov 26, 2008, 9:40 pm

Programs: AA PLT, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold
Tried it on on flight from Dallas to Hartford and found the burger pretty tasty. You do get one packet each of mustard, ketchup and mayo. As a strictly mustard person I was happy to exchange with my seat mate who was strictly ketchup. The FA said there were no extra condiment packets.
Old Nov 26, 2008, 9:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by El Miameño
I think I might try it this way, as that bun looks huge; if eaten as a cheeseburger I'm betting it's a pretty dry experience.
The three slices of tomato made mine more edible. I think it would be pretty bland without adding those.
Old Nov 26, 2008, 9:58 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP 1MM
I just had it on an ORD-DFW flight last Thursday. Frankly, I thought it was one of the better snack offerings I've had on AA. Sure, it wasn't gourmet restaurant quality, but for airline food, I thought it was excellent: good proportion, relatively tasty, and all-American (pun intended). I hope that AA offers this option during future rotations.

IMHO, I've always enjoyed AA's snack flights (coded with an "S") more than regular "L" or "D" flights. The salads and sandwiches seem to be fresher (and more filling), and in many ways satisfy me more than an actual meal flight.
Old Nov 26, 2008, 10:08 pm

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE
i had it DFW-LAX last week on 2421 - i had mixed feelings about it.

it was not that it was bad per se - just didn't agree with me.
Old Nov 26, 2008, 11:14 pm

Programs: AA 2MM, *wd gold
It's not In & Out. It's thicker than Mickey D's, but not as tasty. Had it once. I'll pass in the future.
Old Nov 26, 2008, 11:17 pm

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
I had the hamburger on STL-MIA two weeks ago too. It tastes all right for airplane food and it's not as stinky as McDonald's. Could use more ketchup for dipping the chips afterwards. Nice change of food by AA although I like that turkey wrap that had for snacks flight awhile back more.
Old Nov 26, 2008, 11:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP,2MM, DL Gold,Starwood PLT

Unhappy to see AA has copied CO by offering A cheese burger in F...though I guess it's better than the Chicken and cheeder cheese bbq sandwich I had on EWR-DFW midcon earlier this week. Chicken and cheeder don't work well togeather.

Bring on more cafateria food
Old Nov 27, 2008, 6:31 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by grahampros

Unhappy to see AA has copied CO by offering A cheese burger in F...though I guess it's better than the Chicken and cheeder cheese bbq sandwich I had on EWR-DFW midcon earlier this week. Chicken and cheeder don't work well togeather.

Bring on more cafateria food
The next additions are Grilled Cheese and Peanut Butter and Jelly
Old Nov 27, 2008, 6:36 am

I liked it. Nice to see a new selection after eating the same menu for so long.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.