FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   No F food today ex BNA (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/891518-no-f-food-today-ex-bna.html)

njvandy Nov 22, 2008 12:34 pm

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8130/4.3.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

AAngels at BNA AC just told me there will be no food on flights ex BNA today except the LAX flight. Apparently AA doesn't cater here and the food normally comes in the night before and someone forgot to throw today's food in the fridge overnight. AAngels were great and comped the amora menu plus gave me a voucher. Other pax weren't too happy.

dayone Nov 22, 2008 1:08 pm

Since last night's low at BNA was around 15F, putting the food "in the fridge" would have kept it warm.

sts603 Nov 22, 2008 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by njvandy (Post 10796064)
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8130/4.3.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Apparently AA doesn't cater here and the food normally comes in the night before.

So that's why BNA-DFW is the longest flight in the system (usually blocked at 2-2:15) that I know of that doesn't have meals at meal time.

There used to be meals both ways. Then it was just DFW-BNA (illogical considering all those flights are under 2 hours - usually the only flights under 2 hours that have meals are ORD-PHL and DCA). Now its nothing. Not even the typical nuts/cookies refreshment that you get invariably on all other flights that are 2 hours or greater.

spurg Nov 22, 2008 4:18 pm

what about nuts or pretzels? really nothing on board at all? never seen that.

aamilesslave Nov 22, 2008 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by spurg (Post 10796883)
what about nuts or pretzels? really nothing on board at all? never seen that.

If "Beverage Service Only" in F, the "Premium Snack Mix" bags should be served. Then again, if it is like the DEN-DFW flights, coach will probably get this as well if there is no BOB being sold.

Danwriter Nov 23, 2008 7:56 am

There are two "Meat& three's" next toTootsie's Orchid Lounge where you can pick up BBQ before boarding. Yee-haw!

njvandy Nov 23, 2008 3:55 pm

There are always warm nuts and cookies ex-BNA as far as I know. I have flown all the mainline routes (LGA, LAX, DFW, and MIA) in first and have always enjoyed full meal service. The AAngels tell me that the 738 that operates BNA-LAX is the turnaround of LAX-BNA and brings food for both flights but all other food comes in from DFW on the final flight of the day. This explains why there are no dinner flights ex-BNA. I never understood why 1684 (BNA-LGA) didn't serve dinner until now. The flight is 5:55 PM CST to 8:59 PM EST.

aamilesslave Nov 23, 2008 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by njvandy (Post 10801184)
There are always warm nuts and cookies ex-BNA as far as I know. I have flown all the mainline routes (LGA, LAX, DFW, and MIA) in first and have always enjoyed full meal service. The AAngels tell me that the 738 that operates BNA-LAX is the turnaround of LAX-BNA and brings food for both flights but all other food comes in from DFW on the final flight of the day. This explains why there are no dinner flights ex-BNA. I never understood why 1684 (BNA-LGA) didn't serve dinner until now. The flight is 5:55 PM CST to 8:59 PM EST.

All of the DFW-BNA-DFW fights are showing "N/A" under meal. If that means beverage service, then no warm nuts or cookies.

LAX-BNA-LAX flights show Lunch or Snack/Brunch, which would include a light meal with warm nuts and cookies.

The LGA-BNA-LGA flights show Continental Breakfast (e.g. biscuits/bagels and fruit), Lunch, Snack/Brunch, or Refreshemnt - all of which get warm nuts/cookies except the continental breakfast. The MIA-BNA-MIA are similar, except for the late departure from MIA which is ambiguous since it shows BOB for First.