Paperless e-ticket LAX JFK iphone question

Old Nov 22, 08, 11:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EX PLT
Paperless e-ticket LAX JFK iphone question

When I checked in electronically yesterday (LAX) it offered to download the boarding pass SCU to my phone screen and save paper. It showed a blackberry in the instructions. Is this service available for Iphone users also or just blackberry? Anyone done it yet?
Please combine with other threads on this topic.
Old Nov 22, 08, 12:07 pm
Original Member

Location: Los Angeles, CA - Nearly 4 Million Actual Miles Flown
There is another thread that I believe talks about using the iPhone. But for what it is worth, I didn't have the courage to try this week's flight to JFK on Thursday. So I printed a paper boarding pass at home.

You can't save it to the iPhone that I know of. But you can click the link in your email and keep it on your screen from what I understand. I think the option I will employ if I try the service is to take a screen shot of the boardinb pass when it loads, and then open the picture when I need access to it. The iPhone takes great screen grabs.
Old Nov 22, 08, 1:28 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG-Gold, A'A-EXP
I sent the bp to my Razr via a MMS message. There was an internet link in the message, and boarding pass showed up fine. There is a link to save a picture onto the device. It didn't work because the picture was too large for my phone.

I ended up standing by for an earlier flight, so didn't try using the phone bp. At TSA, the screeners had these large stands with a glass top where they would place boarding passes face down to read the bar code.

Search this Thread