Check in/Sticker Upgrades on an Int'l Itinerary

Old Nov 16, 08, 1:34 pm
BAK
Original Poster

Programs: AA/HH/SPG Gold
Check in/Sticker Upgrades on an Int'l Itinerary

Hi,

As far as I know, it is impossible to check in online on an int'l itinerary. Is there any way around this to get added to the airport upgrade list early. Will it matter? I would like to maximize my chances of being upgraded with my stickers on the US segments.

Thank you.
Old Nov 16, 08, 1:46 pm

Programs: AA 1.3 MM/LT Gold
Originally Posted by BAK View Post
Hi,

As far as I know, it is impossible to check in online on an int'l itinerary. Is there any way around this to get added to the airport upgrade list early. Will it matter? I would like to maximize my chances of being upgraded with my stickers on the US segments.

Thank you.
Domestic sticker upgrades are now prioritized based on original request date (within elite tier), not time of check-in, and have been that way since early 2008. Did you already request an upgrade on the US segments? If so, you won't need to check in early to increase your chances for sticker upgrades.
Old Nov 17, 08, 4:35 am
BAK
Original Poster

Programs: AA/HH/SPG Gold
Originally Posted by miamigrad View Post
Domestic sticker upgrades are now prioritized based on original request date (within elite tier), not time of check-in, and have been that way since early 2008. Did you already request an upgrade on the US segments? If so, you won't need to check in early to increase your chances for sticker upgrades.
Yes I did request the upgrades at the time of booking. Thank you for the reply.
Old Nov 17, 08, 11:10 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, AS 75K Gold MVP, and some hotel stuff...
To answer the OP's (now irrelevant to the end goal) question- it is possible, but not always easy, to check in 24 hours in advance for an international flight at the airport. Given the rules change that miamigrad mentioned, it has substantially reduced utility, but it can be done.

Cheers.

Search this Thread