BM
Old Nov 15, 2008, 11:28 am

Programs: DL Diamond, AA revenue negative, Bonvoy Titanium +, Avis likes me
Originally Posted by burtonmadness
I'm doing a sfo-dfw-stl-ord-dub

Returning tomorrow dub-ord-dfw-sfo

Anyone doing something similar today?

BM
1. No. MrsDallas49er says the to-do list will become an is-done list. So I can't come out to play.

2. Are you going to have t-shirts printed up for sale in the lobby? I think "The BurtonMadness 2008 AA Hub Tour" tour might work.

3. Please tell me you have been upgraded (at least a little).

Good luck!
Old Nov 15, 2008, 12:03 pm

Programs: AA explat,Adm Club,Priority Club, and all nonsense in my comic book mind.
I'm catching a red eye morning of 25th...SFO-MIA-ORD-DUB...give myself the day to stretch my legs/walk around/maybe see a play...return on Thanksgiving.. DUB-ORD-LAX-SFO. No Thanksgiving gluttony for me this year!!
Think they will serve turkey dinner in coach?????

And if all goes well I wont be dealing with 500 mile upgrades any more... so I have my fingers crossed that weather and travel gods will cooperate.
Old Nov 16, 2008, 1:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by burtonmadness
I'm doing a sfo-dfw-stl-ord-dub

Returning tomorrow dub-ord-dfw-sfo

Anyone doing something similar today?

BM
No need. Thanks to AAder, I have not thoughts of flying, unless it is to LHR for triple miles.
Old Nov 16, 2008, 9:31 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by mvoight
No need. Thanks to AAder, I have not thoughts of flying, unless it is to LHR for triple miles.
Exactly. We're at 124, 608, and have a Thanksgiving trip to SAN to get us over 125K. No need for more EQM flying, certainly not MRs. And, since RDM mean very little to us (have way too many) even a triple RDM promotion is not attractive. Now, we did overfly as we're going to IST for NYE, and will add almost 8K to this year, but we get 8K to start next year

Cheers.
Old Nov 16, 2008, 10:01 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
I'm at 124,874 and will be off to Ireland this week for my last paid trip of the year. I'm staying for 10 days, though (I won't do international turnarounds--even with the FRA trips earlier in the year I spent at least a night). Have already booked a combination of rail and bus tickets on line. I'm splitting the trip between Dublin, Galway, Doolin, and Killarney.

We never had good Ireland fares last winter so I'm looking forward to this trip (and the stronger dollar).
Old Nov 16, 2008, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by tom911
I'm at 124,874 and will be off to Ireland this week for my last paid trip of the year. I'm staying for 10 days, though (I won't do international turnarounds--even with the FRA trips earlier in the year I spent at least a night). Have already booked a combination of rail and bus tickets on line. I'm splitting the trip between Dublin, Galway, Doolin, and Killarney.

We never had good Ireland fares last winter so I'm looking forward to this trip (and the stronger dollar).
I am so envious- I love that SW coastal area. Highly recommend the Dingle Peninsula if you haven't been before. We went in March when the dollar was at its weakest, but had a wonderful time nonetheless.
Old Nov 16, 2008, 4:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by bayoubabsy
I am so envious- I love that SW coastal area. Highly recommend the Dingle Peninsula if you haven't been before. We went in March when the dollar was at its weakest, but had a wonderful time nonetheless.
I have to agree on the Dingle recommendation. The town, the harbor and the drive to get there are all quite beautiful. Some pics here.
Old Nov 16, 2008, 4:57 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
I've been to Dingle at least twice (and have never seen the dolphin). Seemed a little on the high side to stay there this time as the quotes I got from B&B's there were 65 euros a night ($81), compared to 40 euros in Doolin. Several of the ones I looked at are closed this time of year, and one with great recommendations and a good price was remodeling. Doolin is just a few miles from the Cliffs of Moher and if it's not pouring rain hope to hike out there.
Old Nov 16, 2008, 8:04 pm

Programs: aa exp 1MM, alaska air, united, hhonors gold, spg gold
Agree on Ireland - the country side is marvelous - juts rent a car and go...

Doolin

More Ireland
Old Nov 16, 2008, 8:05 pm

For those of you on 93 from Dublin, I'm interested in hearing whether any lounge access survives since the November 1st termination of the EI agreement.

Previously, as I understand it, changing combinations of J/PLT/EXP/AdmiralsClubholder had been given access to the EI lounge.
Old Nov 26, 2008, 1:52 am

Programs: AA EXP, CX MPC GLD, MR PLT, SPG PLT, National Exec.
Just in from DUB and I was given access to the Aer Lingus lounge. Nothing to write home about.
Old Nov 26, 2008, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by aa767flyer
Just in from DUB and I was given access to the Aer Lingus lounge. Nothing to write home about.
What cabin did you fly in??

Are you an A/C member?

just trying to figure out the basis on which you were admitted

tks
Old Nov 26, 2008, 7:29 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
I am doing LGA/BOS for double elite miles on Friday ($98++ same day return), several cheap LGA/DFW/SNA same day returns in the first part of December (good think DFW is my favorite hub) and an overnight EWR/MIA/BZE/MIA/ORD/EWR next weekend.

I might be crazy but spending next year sitting in F with EXP status will make me forget about the $900 or so that I plunked down for these trips.
Old Nov 26, 2008, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
I am doing LGA/BOS for double elite miles on Friday ($98++ same day return), several cheap LGA/DFW/SNA same day returns in the first part of December (good think DFW is my favorite hub) and an overnight EWR/MIA/BZE/MIA/ORD/EWR next weekend.

I might be crazy but spending next year sitting in F with EXP status will make me forget about the $900 or so that I plunked down for these trips.
Impressive , but this thread is about MR to DUB

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.