FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   bankdirect miles seem to be late this month (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/887182-bankdirect-miles-seem-late-month.html)

honu Nov 10, 2008 7:32 am

bankdirect miles seem to be late this month

Usually they post within the first week of the month, but I haven't seen them yet. Are they (the bank, I mean) in trouble?

horseguy Nov 10, 2008 7:56 am

Originally Posted by honu (Post 10702358)
Usually they post within the first week of the month, but I haven't seen them yet. Are they (the bank, I mean) in trouble?

Yeah, I noticed that as well. So, I looked it up and, if I did this correctly, what I found is this. Bank Direct is owned by Texas Capital Bank. Bankrate.com rates all banks for safety, and Texas Capital Bank gets four stars out of five. All the banks that I found that failed this year seemed to have zero or one star. So, on that basis, things would appear to be _very_ safe.

My wife and I have two accounts at BankDirect, and one of them did get miles, and the other didn't. The one that did, got about ten times as many miles as it should have. I contacted them and they said they had a data problem this month that they are working on. Considering one of our accounts got ten times too many miles from them, that is quite credible to me.

stlgriff Nov 10, 2008 9:03 am

Originally Posted by horseguy (Post 10702557)
Yeah, I noticed that as well. So, I looked it up and, if I did this correctly, what I found is this. Bank Direct is owned by Texas Capital Bank. Bankrate.com rates all banks for safety, and Texas Capital Bank gets four stars out of five. All the banks that I found that failed this year seemed to have zero or one star. So, on that basis, things would appear to be _very_ safe.

My wife and I have two accounts at BankDirect, and one of them did get miles, and the other didn't. The one that did, got about ten times as many miles as it should have. I contacted them and they said they had a data problem this month that they are working on. Considering one of our accounts got ten times too many miles from them, that is quite credible to me.

My miles were out of whack too. I ended up getting about the correct total, but the split between checking and money market accounts was way off.

honu Nov 11, 2008 3:32 am

Thanks for the info. My AAccount as well as my husband's don't show any BD miles. Time for a phone call I guess...

amo66120 Nov 11, 2008 6:37 am

Miles didn't post

Called them. Was told it was a data problem. So far, no correction.

mikeef Nov 13, 2008 7:30 am

Followed up today. Mine just showed up, but they're listed on the previous statement with the date 11/6.

Mike

amo66120 Nov 13, 2008 9:59 am

Update

Sent an email to them, they replied that miles would appear in Dec.
Called again and was told miles would be there by next Monday.
They seem confused and first tried the "Problem...what problem?"
approach. Probably help if everyone with an account calls and emails
asking for their miles.

awb824 Dec 21, 2008 2:40 pm

I received my miles for December, but never received my miles for November. I guess I need to contact them. Has anyone else received November miles?

horseguy Dec 21, 2008 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by awb824 (Post 10944488)
I received my miles for December, but never received my miles for November. I guess I need to contact them. Has anyone else received November miles?

Yes. Although they credited them to the wrong account (my wife and I each have an account at BankDirect). At first I thought we got shorted, but when I did the math for the totals for both accounts combined, it was correct. Since we don't care all that much whether she or I get them, we didn't complain about it.

gemac Dec 21, 2008 7:41 pm

My miles posted on Nov. 4 and again on Dec. 2, just like clockwork.