Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Promo / Discount Code / Codes requests and/or offers (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 21, 2013, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
MODERATOR GUIDEPOST

Please note that at this time there is no current (2013) Promo Code thread. We apologize for the possible inconvenience, but we can no longer support such a thread for various reasons.

Thank you for your interest; Google is your friend.

/American AAdvantage Forum Moderation Team
Print Wikipost

Promo / Discount Code / Codes requests and/or offers (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2009, 6:52 pm

Programs: AA
Sorry, but there arent any. They do not have promo codes for every flight. Its an airline, not Amazon
Old Jan 30, 2009, 7:10 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by humzaraj
I was hoping if anyone had any promo codes to travel to Toronto.
Take a look at the running thread on this topic:
looking for a promo code? (merged)
Old Jan 30, 2009, 7:12 pm

Hey Guys,

I was hoping if anyone had any promo codes to travel to Toronto. I am financially strapped and I need to get to there by the end of February, please any help would be very well appreciated and thanked. This will at help me getting to there.

Thank You

Humza
Do not know what city u are flying from or dates.
Some new lower fares got posted today that require a 14 day AP.
Also I got an AA Email yesterday about a to/from Canada sale

Whether you're looking to head north to explore Canada's contrasting landscapes or traveling from Canada to the U.S. this winter, American Airlines has great fares to and from Canada. Right now, you'll find fares between the U.S. and Canada as low as $53 USD* each way, based on round-trip purchase for travel through March 31, 2009. Due to currency conversion rates, fares for travel originating in Canada may fluctuate.

Visit AA.com to see all fares and to purchase your ticket by February 3, 2009 to save!
Old Jan 30, 2009, 8:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
This is probably not the right place to ask for a code.

Spend some time in the MR Deals forum and you will see tons of options
Old Jan 30, 2009, 8:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Hey Guys,

I was hoping if anyone had any promo codes to travel to Toronto. I am financially strapped and I need to get to there by the end of February, please any help would be very well appreciated and thanked. This will at help me getting to there.

Thank You

Humza
Just out of curiosity - what website sent you and your 200,000 brethren here to ask for promo codes? Was it this one? If not, then which website was it? We really are curious. Please let us know. Thanks.
Old Jan 30, 2009, 9:12 pm

Programs: 1MM, AAPLT, Hyatt GP
Originally Posted by gemac
Just out of curiosity - what website sent you and your 200,000 brethren here to ask for promo codes? Was it this one? If not, then which website was it? We really are curious. Please let us know. Thanks.
Didn't I just read someone earlier suggesting this was an episode of "Punk'd"? I'm down with that theory....
Old Jan 31, 2009, 12:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
What we need are enough FT'ers to thumb down that answer pointing to FT>
Apparently you need level 2 access on that answer site, in order to rate.
The score is 1 thumb up and 0 down.
Old Jan 31, 2009, 12:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by Kneel
There is a 5% off coupon in the Entertainment book for RT on AA metal, but you have to be ready to book when the reservation is made and you have to do it on-line..
Actually, there is no "coupon" in the Entertainment book.
There is an actual offer for 5 percent off, but it is NOT a coupon.
Additionally, if you order online, you get two codes. One when you order, and one when you register the book. There are various discount floating around and you can get $5.50 if you go though a FatWallet link to get to the Entertainment site. This is in addition to the current discount offer. Discount offers are also listed on FatWallet.com. The 2009 discount seems to have a lot more blackout dates than before. Additionally, it is 5 percent off the base fare, not the total fare. I also encourage the OP to be more flexible on airports, though I am a big DCA due to the convenince of transit.
Old Jan 31, 2009, 6:18 pm

Whew...

this is a harsh site...LOL How long do I have to be on here before I can ask a question? :-: Until then, I'll keep searching!
Old Jan 31, 2009, 7:07 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Eblu
this is a harsh site...LOL How long do I have to be on here before I can ask a question? :-: Until then, I'll keep searching!
There's quite a difference between asking a question (assuming that one has tried some looking beforehand) and joining just to ask if anyone has a code for cheap travel. Surely you see that.

Cheers.
Old Jan 31, 2009, 8:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by gemac
Seriously, this is the type of member that Flyertalk is trying to attract. Please be nice to him, soon these will be all there is here. - Nov. 2008
Sometimes, I'm so good I scare myself.
Old Jan 31, 2009, 8:44 pm

Wirelessly posted (BB8830: BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

There were some great discount codes being given out at the Miami marathon expo last weekend. 10% off any fare. Limited black out dates. Anyone else get them?
Old Feb 2, 2009, 10:39 am

Programs: AA GLD,DL,UA
Originally Posted by mvoight
Actually, there is no "coupon" in the Entertainment book.
There is an actual offer for 5 percent off, but it is NOT a coupon.
You are correct of course. I could say I was using "coupon" in the same sense as "stickers" are used for 500-mile upgrades.
Old Feb 2, 2009, 11:01 am

Programs: AA Gold, *wood Gold, Hilton Honors Gold
Use WN and AA competing to your advantage in the Washington/Baltimore area. If you can fly out of Baltimore, WN's Ding fares might help you out especially since WN lets you rebook with no change fee.
Old Feb 15, 2009, 4:04 pm

Programs: AA, AC, AGR, AS, BA, CX, DL, UA, WN, all non-elite
Entertainment book embargo dates details

Originally Posted by yogi4582
You are correct - they did add blackout dates this year. Here are the rules for one of my entertainment promo codes:

You can fly between the following dates:

Travel Start Date: 8/18/2008
Travel End Date: 12/17/2009

Embargo Start Date: 11/21/2008
Embargo End Date: 11/30/2008

Embargo Start Date: 12/19/2008
Embargo End Date: 01/05/2009

Embargo Start Date: 03/13/2009
Embargo End Date: 04/12/2009

Embargo Start Date: 06/27/2009
Embargo End Date: 08/16/2009

Embargo Start Date: 11/20/2009
Embargo End Date: 11/30/2009
Thanks for posting these dates. I'm looking to book a round-trip international ticket leaving on 03/09/2009 and returning on 03/23/2009. The outbound would be before the embargo start date of 03/13/2009, but the return trip would be during the embargo. It seems to me that there are 3 possibilites:

(1) I still get 5% off because travel starts before 03/13/2009.
(2) I don't get any discount because my return trip falls during the embargo period.
(3) I get 5% off the outbound base fare, but nothing on the return base fare.

It would be great if anyone has an idea as to which of these is most likely before I bite the bullet and buy the book.

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.