Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Promo / Discount Code / Codes requests and/or offers (consolidated)

Promo / Discount Code / Codes requests and/or offers (consolidated)

Hide Wikipost
Old Jan 29, 14, 11:03 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: JDiver
Wiki Link
MODERATOR GUIDEPOST

Please note that at this time there is no current (2013) Promo Code thread. We apologize for the possible inconvenience, but we can no longer support such a thread for various reasons.

Thank you for your interest; Google is your friend.

/American AAdvantage Forum Moderation Team
Print Wikipost

Old Jan 16, 09, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by JDiver View Post
But, none of us started out that way. FT allows us to learn and share.
I fly AA a lot and after reading a lot of the info, I earned more miles in a day than I have in a month. lol
Old Jan 17, 09, 12:48 pm

I thought a discount code was available via my entertainment.com "account" online but I'm only seeing a link for AA Vacations. Can anyone tell me if there is a way to get it online through the account (my book is at home 200 miles away).

Edit... nevermind. Through some clever searching I found the code. I can't believe I missed this when I booked flights to Europe in November. Oh well.
Old Jan 25, 09, 3:28 pm

American Airlines promotion codes

Are there any promotional discount codes for travel between March 8 - 15, 2009?
Old Jan 25, 09, 5:39 pm
Senior Moderator/Moderator: Coronavirus, United MileagePlus

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
cumberland1500, welcome to FlyerTalk! Please follow the thread as it moves seamlessly to our American Airlines forum. You might help your cause by sharing with us the route(s) you want to book. Current fare sales on those routes for travel on your dates might be far better than an airline "promotional code". Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.
Old Jan 25, 09, 5:55 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

try this one

IM2BZ2P
Old Jan 25, 09, 6:22 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Gobalist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
There's a thread just for you - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...de-merged.html

I found it by searching on the terms "promo" and "code" in the "American AAdvantage" forum.

Looking forward to your future contributions to FT.
Old Jan 25, 09, 11:13 pm

JMJH8KE5AY7K

Good for 5% off on travel between now and Feb 28th up to six people.
Old Jan 26, 09, 5:02 pm

If you do use this code please post that it has been used so others don't waste thier time trying to use it.
Old Jan 27, 09, 9:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP since inception
Originally Posted by wintermom View Post
Did they not change it this year to have black out dates on the
5% discount? I can't remember for sure but you might want to
double check that and be sure your dates are ok.
You are correct - they did add blackout dates this year. Here are the rules for one of my entertainment promo codes:

You can fly between the following dates:

Travel Start Date: 8/18/2008
Travel End Date: 12/17/2009

Embargo Start Date: 11/21/2008
Embargo End Date: 11/30/2008

Embargo Start Date: 12/19/2008
Embargo End Date: 01/05/2009

Embargo Start Date: 03/13/2009
Embargo End Date: 04/12/2009

Embargo Start Date: 06/27/2009
Embargo End Date: 08/16/2009

Embargo Start Date: 11/20/2009
Embargo End Date: 11/30/2009
Old Jan 28, 09, 8:24 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LTT, Hyatt Exp, AA 1MM, UA Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by AA Novice View Post
JMJH8KE5AY7K

Good for 5% off on travel between now and Feb 28th up to six people.
Someone already used this code. Thanks for posting anyways.
Old Jan 30, 09, 4:24 pm

Flying from TUL - DCA... Any suggestions???

As my very first post, I hate to already ask for some help, but here goes... I am going to be making several trips from TUL to DCA in the next year. Unfortunately, they are not business trips (although I absolutely have to make them) and I will be paying for all these trips out of my pocket. I am not by any means financially ready to make all the flights, but have no choice. I am an AA advantage member now. Does anyone have any suggestions or promotional codes that will make these trips more manageable??? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!!! Thanks!!!!
Old Jan 30, 09, 4:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jsbailey83 View Post
As my very first post, I hate to already ask for some help, but here goes... I am going to be making several trips from TUL to DCA in the next year. Unfortunately, they are not business trips (although I absolutely have to make them) and I will be paying for all these trips out of my pocket. I am not by any means financially ready to make all the flights, but have no choice. I am an AA advantage member now. Does anyone have any suggestions or promotional codes that will make these trips more manageable??? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!!! Thanks!!!!
Hi, jsbailey83. Welcome to Flyertalk. Like most new members these days, your first post is a request for promo codes. See this thread.
Old Jan 30, 09, 5:29 pm

Programs: AA ExP
Hope this helps!

http://www.greyhound.com/home/
Old Jan 30, 09, 5:50 pm

Programs: AA GLD,DL,UA
Welcome to FT. And you'll notice by post 3 there's a sense of humor around here.

You can try alternate airports. Sometime BWI or IAD can be cheaper than DCA, and you can fly into one and back on another without a problem. There's a bus from BWI to the metro for about $5, and a bus from IAD to DCA is available. Sometimes there's better fares to PHL or even NYC airports, but then you'd have to rent a car and likely pay tolls.

There is a 5% off coupon in the Entertainment book for RT on AA metal, but you have to be ready to book when the reservation is made and you have to do it on-line.

A good place to check fares is ITA http://matrix.itasoftware.com/cvg/dispatch/prego and search for all airports with whatever range you can handle up to 300 miles.

Being flexible with you dates can help. Also, you can make a reservation and roll it over each night as long as the same fare is available. If you're lucky, a lower fare may open up. I did this last year TUL-WAS (any Washington area airport). I'd make a reservation each day, and check fares the next day. If the fares were the same, I'd cancel the original reservation and make a new one. After about a week the fare dropped $70 or something, and then went up the next day. So I ticketed the lower fare. I watched the fare for the next week, and it just kept going up. So we ended up with the best fare available over a two-week period.
Old Jan 30, 09, 7:47 pm

AA Promo Code To Toronto--PLEASE

Hey Guys,

I was hoping if anyone had any promo codes to travel to Toronto. I am financially strapped and I need to get to there by the end of February, please any help would be very well appreciated and thanked. This will at help me getting to there.

Thank You

Humza

Search this Thread
Search Engine: