FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   Requesting upgrade online: stickers or miles? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/886670-requesting-upgrade-online-stickers-miles.html)

lili Nov 8, 2008 12:25 pm

Requesting upgrade online: stickers or miles?

I just requested and received upgrades SAN-JFK and ORD-SAN. I did this online when purchasing the ticket. I was thinking of using a few stickers, instead I see AA deducted 50,000 miles from my account. Apparently I wasn't paying attention somewhere.

Is there a way to specify using stickers?
Is there a way to get the miles back and stickers used after the fact?

777-DCA Nov 8, 2008 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by lili (Post 10687053)
I just requested and received upgrades SAN-JFK and ORD-SAN. I did this online when purchasing the ticket. I was thinking of using a few stickers, instead I see AA deducted 50,000 miles from my account. Apparently I wasn't paying attention somewhere.

When I have enough stickers in my account the upgrades are automatically deducted from the stickers account, not the miles. Do you have enough stickers for the upgrades?

Does it hurt to call AA and ask that they put back the miles and use stickers instead?

bdemaria Nov 8, 2008 12:32 pm

This doesn't make any sense b/c it isn't possible to book a mileage upgrade online. Call AA back.

lili Nov 8, 2008 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by bdemaria (Post 10687100)
This doesn't make any sense b/c it isn't possible to book a mileage upgrade online. Call AA back.

Well, you sure got that right! It doesn't make any sense because I was looking at an upgrade for a previous TATL flight. The clue was when I got to thinking about 25,000 miles when domestic mileage upgrades are 15,000 miles. Doh.

Sorry for wasting everyone's time. I'll wander off quietly now.

mvoight Nov 9, 2008 3:11 am

Ok... I see your followup now :)