Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Gift, share or buy 5,000 or more AAdvantage miles you'll earn 20% bonus miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gift, share or buy 5,000 or more AAdvantage miles you'll earn 20% bonus miles

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2008, 3:22 pm

Programs: AA Plat/2 MM, Marriott Titanium, Admirals Club, Hilton Silver, Priority Club Platinum
Originally Posted by brp
No worries...they came into my account. Thanks ^

Cheers.
Now I get it too. I bet you wish I had gotten 20%
Old Dec 3, 2008, 3:32 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by oldvolvo
Now I get it too. I bet you wish I had gotten 20%
Now that you mention it...where is my other 10%? You owe me.

Cheers.
Old Dec 22, 2008, 4:31 am

Programs: AAdvantage PLT, AA 2MM, Marriott Gold
Did this yesterday (changing 10 to 20 in the URL).

The email receipt mentioned only the straight number of miles (60,000 in my case). Of course only these posted a couple of days later (this morning to be exact).

Any way to confirm I'm in line for the 20% bonus, short of calling AAdv CS?

Edging toward 2MM ...

TIA,
benzguy80

Last edited by benzguy80; Dec 22, 2008 at 4:33 am Reason: clarified when 60k posted
Old Dec 22, 2008, 8:59 am

Programs: AA Plat/2 MM, Marriott Titanium, Admirals Club, Hilton Silver, Priority Club Platinum
Has anyone had their bonus, either 10% or 20%, post yet? It does say 6 to 8 weeks so the bonuses for miles purchased early in Nov should be posting soon.
Old Dec 31, 2008, 8:47 am

Programs: AA EXP 2 MM
I was going to transfer some miles today, but the link which previously offered me the 20% bonus, now just mentions that you can transfer up to 100,000 miles up to 31 Dec. I wonder whether I will still get the bonus?
Old Dec 31, 2008, 9:49 am

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, OW Sapphire, QF Bronze, Marriott Silver, Starwood Gold; National Emerald
Mine did the same thing.

Look in the URL location line, and it shows the promotion code in there.

I also called AA CS to confirm that everything was all right, and web services said it should go through fine, though after a 6-8 week delay for the bonus.

I copied the bonus codes from the URL, and I have the e-mail, in case I need to call back.

Steve
Old Dec 31, 2008, 11:44 am

Programs: AA EXP
I need to do three transfers today to my father's account (inefficient but I'm holding 3 oneworld 150 awards until 1/4). I'd love to get the bonus miles but when I go to the Share Miles page, it doesn't show anything about a bonus. I can't find the email that I must have received, but on previous visits to that page, it did show a 10% bonus. Can I still get the bonus? If so, can someone walk me through this?
Old Dec 31, 2008, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by artemis021
I could not get this link to work. I did, however, go through normal channels on AA to get to the buy miles page, and I was offered the 10% bonus. I looked at the web address, and there was a code in the middle of it " PROMOCODE=AAWINTER08BUY10"

I changed the "1" in "10" to a "2" and got offered 20%.
This should still work.
Old Dec 31, 2008, 12:13 pm

Programs: AA Gold, BAEC
The links i'm trying don't seem to be working https://buy.points.com/AAdvantage/in...c=novsolobuy20 think its something to do with the sessionid....anyone got any ideas!?
Old Dec 31, 2008, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by a_fman
The links i'm trying don't seem to be working https://buy.points.com/AAdvantage/in...c=novsolobuy20 think its something to do with the sessionid....anyone got any ideas!?
Yes - just follow the instructions quoted above (ie navigate from aa.com!).
Old Dec 31, 2008, 12:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by nbevan
Yes - just follow the instructions quoted above (ie navigate from aa.com!).
Navigating in from aa.com, there seems to be no bonus offer, nor any place to enter a bonus code.
Old Dec 31, 2008, 12:57 pm

Plus it doesn't appear that there is any way to ask points.com a question, at least not through the buy, share or transfer page. Guess they will lose my business. If I can't be assured of the 10% or 20% bonus, why rush to spend my money! I've been going back and forth about whether to buy and this decided me.

Last edited by oldvolvo; Dec 31, 2008 at 1:04 pm
Old Dec 31, 2008, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by oldvolvo
Has anyone had their bonus, either 10% or 20%, post yet? It does say 6 to 8 weeks so the bonuses for miles purchased early in Nov should be posting soon.
I believe the time period starts when the bonus period ends
I thought this was in the T&Cs
Old Jan 14, 2009, 9:42 am

Has anyone received their bonuses yet on miles purchased or transferred?
Old Jan 14, 2009, 1:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Roberteyewhy
AAdvantageŽ bonus miles related to this offer will post to the purchaser's AAdvantageŽ account in 6-8 weeks following the end of the promotion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.