Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Are your friends worth 10,000 AAdvantage miles? (1,000 miles per referral)

Old Oct 28, 08, 12:17 pm
Original Poster

Dear docr775,

As one of our most valued American Airlines AAdvantage® members, we are sending you this exclusive offer to earn up to 10,000 AAdvantage bonus miles.

Simply refer your friends, family and colleagues to join the AAdvantage program through our new Multiply Your Miles promotion. You will earn 1,000 AAdvantage bonus miles for every person who joins and participates* in the program before January 31, 2009 – up to 10,000 AAdvantage bonus miles!

Plus, each of your friends who participates will earn 1,000 AAdvantage bonus miles too.

T&C

Get started today, and begin multiplying your miles –
and your AAdvantage travel awards!
Promotional Terms and Conditions
*Eligible participating activity includes one of the following between October 22, 2008, and January 31, 2009: travel on American Airlines, American Eagle or the AmericanConnection® carriers, get approved for a select Citi® / AAdvantage® card, or transact and earn at least 750 miles with any of our many AAdvantage program participants.

Offer is valid for recipients of this email only. Only AAdvantage® members who receive this email will be eligible to earn AAdvantage® bonus miles. To qualify, you must have referred friends between October 22, 2008, and January 31, 2009, and referred friends must have enrolled in the AAdvantage program as new members, successfully registered for the promotion via the promotional microsite, and completed an eligible activity (travel on American Airlines, American Eagle or the AmericanConnection® carriers, get approved for a select Citi® / AAdvantage® card, or transact and earn at least 750 miles with any of our many AAdvantage program participants) between October 22, 2008, and January 31, 2009. Referred friends must reside in the United States. There is no limit to the number of friends you can refer during this promotion; however, the maximum number of bonus miles that can be earned through this promotion is 10,000 bonus miles. Please allow 6-8 weeks after the promotion ends for bonus miles to be posted to your AAdvantage account. Anyone who is referred by multiple AAdvantage members will be associated with the AAdvantage member the referred individual responds to first. Bonus miles do not count toward elite status qualification.

I thought all my friends were AAdvantage members.

===============================MODERATOR NOTE====================================

Though the new offer mentioned in Post #9 for 2010 seems essentially the same, please read Post #9 thoroughly for dates, terms and conditions, etc. /Moderator

Last edited by JDiver; Jun 4, 10 at 11:46 am Reason: insert moderator note
Old Oct 28, 08, 12:53 pm

Nice offer, looks targeted but I hope I get one too.

Note from the T&C's - the friend has to actually use their account, either by flying or getting partner miles, worth reading the fine print on this one.

And I'm sure we'll see lots of speculation about having cats/dogs/etc join aadvantage now to get this promo but I'll leave that testing to the more devious among us.
Old Oct 28, 08, 12:59 pm

Programs: AA PLT/2MM, SWA A+, SPG Titanium, Avis Chairman
Just got the same e-mail. Live search club miles look like they will count, so for 1800 tickets (about 2 days of playing for 2 hours each) you can get activity on that family member's account. If you don't know about LSC, check the SPAM forum sticky.

Looks like I'll be giving friends and family 2k AA accounts to get them started.
Old Oct 28, 08, 1:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP (LT PLT), HH DMD, MAR PLT
Got it too. Don't know anyone who isn't a member
Old Oct 28, 08, 1:10 pm

Programs: AA PLT/2MM, SWA A+, SPG Titanium, Avis Chairman
Can anyone actually get to the site? My link isn't working for me.
Old Oct 28, 08, 1:49 pm

Maybe they can use the Bose offer and you can get your bonus miles.
Old Oct 28, 08, 2:00 pm

Programs: OW Emerald/AA EXP, DL Plat, SPG Plat,
To qualify, you must have referred friends between October 22, 2008, and January 31, 2009, and referred friends must have enrolled in the AAdvantage program as new members, successfully registered for the promotion via the promotional microsite, and completed an eligible activity (travel on American Airlines, American Eagle or the AmericanConnection® carriers, get approved for a select Citi® / AAdvantage® card, or transact and earn at least 750 miles with any of our many AAdvantage program participants) between October 22, 2008, and January 31, 2009.
I believe that's the fine print referred to so far.
Old Oct 29, 08, 5:16 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, SPG Gold
2 daughters have identical accounts and they have signed up at the same time. One of them got this promotion - actually the only one who got this promotion in the family. Therefore I see no rhyme or reason for who gets it.
Old Jun 4, 10, 9:38 am

Refer up to 10k AA miles, 1000 pp. May 25-Aug 31, 2010. Targeted

This is back, but targeted.

Offer is valid for recipients of promotional email only. Only members who receive the email will be eligible to earn bonus miles. To qualify, you must have referred friends between May 25, 2010, and August 31, 2010, and referred friends must have enrolled in the AAdvantage program as new members, successfully registered for the promotion via the promotional microsite, and completed an eligible activity (travel on American Airlines, American Eagle or the AmericanConnection® carrier, get approved for a select Citi® / AAdvantage® card, or transact and earn at least 750 miles with any of our many AAdvantage program participants) between May 25, 2010, and August 31, 2010. Referred friends must reside in the United States. There is no limit to the number of friends you can refer during this promotion; however, the maximum number of bonus miles that can be earned through this promotion is 10,000 bonus miles. Please allow 6-8 weeks after the promotion ends for bonus miles to be posted to your AAdvantage account. Anyone who is referred by multiple AAdvantage members will be associated with the AAdvantage member the referred individual responds to first. Bonus miles do not count toward elite status qualification

American Airlines flight offer details:
AAdvantage bonus mile offer is valid only for travel on American Airlines, American Eagle or the AmericanConnection® carrier marketed and operated flights, May 25, 2010, through August 31, 2010. To qualify, AAdvantage members must purchase and fly on published fare tickets. AAdvantage award bookings, American Airlines Cruises, last-minute packages (i.e., packages of the type purchased on http://aa.lastminute-packages.com) and all other fares defined as ineligible for standard AAdvantage mileage accrual are excluded from qualification for this promotion (see www.aa.com/earn for details). Flights operated by our codeshare airline partners are not eligible for this promotion.

*Citi® / AAdvantage® card offer details:
Offer subject to credit approval. Only new
Citi® Platinum Select® / AAdvantage® World MasterCard®,
Citi® Platinum Select® / AAdvantage® Visa Signature® card,
Citi® Select® / AAdvantage® American Express® card,
CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® MasterCard®,
CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Visa® card,
Citi® Gold / AAdvantage® World MasterCard®,
or Citi® / AAdvantage® American Express® cardmembers who are approved between May 25, 2010, and August 31, 2010, are eligible for this promotion. Please allow four weeks from date of submission to process a completed application.
Citi, CitiBusiness, Citi Platinum Select, and Citi Select are registered service marks of Citigroup Inc.
Citibank is not responsible for products or services offered by other companies.

AAdvantage participant offer details:
Qualifying AAdvantage miles include both base and bonus miles earned between May 25, 2010, and August 31, 2010, with any AAdvantage participant. Qualifying miles earned are cumulative in count. Miles earned must total at least 750 and must be earned between May 25, 2010, and August 31, 2010.
Old Jun 4, 10, 10:19 am

Everybody in my family got the offer this morning. I'm going to have a hard time thinking of ANYBODY I know who is not already a member and would complete one of the "activities".

Anyone new out there who wants the sign up bonus??

Deb
Old Jun 4, 10, 10:25 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, AS 75K Gold MVP, and some hotel stuff...
I just got it as well. My friendships are too valuable to me for me to try and market to them for a thousand miles. The relationships are worth a lot more than that.

Cheers.
Old Jun 4, 10, 10:36 am

Programs: AA, Marriott
I just got my email too. Seems like way too much work for 1,000 miles.
Old Jun 4, 10, 10:40 am

Does anyone have suggestions for cheap and quick ways to get 750 miles other than club bing? How about flower purchases or car rentals?
Old Jun 4, 10, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by jrm68 View Post
Does anyone have suggestions for cheap and quick ways to get 750 miles other than club bing? How about flower purchases or car rentals?
Since miles are posting quick, a flight would prob be the fastest. You can do flowers, maybe netflix if it's still there, buy points, etc..
Old Jun 4, 10, 10:57 am

Programs: DL, AA, UA, SPG
Send me your referral request

I will refer new AA members. 1000 miles for me and 1000 miles for you. Please PM your first and last name as well as email address. All information will remain private.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: