Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Are your friends worth 10,000 AAdvantage miles? (1,000 miles per referral)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Are your friends worth 10,000 AAdvantage miles? (1,000 miles per referral)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2010, 3:16 pm

Programs: delta skymiles
Anybody who is willing to reffer 4 friend of mine who haven't any AA miles account and are flying ZRH-JFK next week??
That could add you 4,000 miles!!
Old Aug 12, 2010, 3:44 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, National Executive
Originally Posted by mikedlk
Anybody who is willing to reffer 4 friend of mine who haven't any AA miles account and are flying ZRH-JFK next week??
That could add you 4,000 miles!!
Be happy to!

PM me their names and email accounts and I will have it done this evening!
Old Aug 19, 2010, 7:09 am

Programs: AA EXP, BAEC Bronze, DL Plat UA, HHonors Platinum, SPG Gold, Hyatt
Has anyone received miles for this yet? I had two friends sign up using my promo link; it's been over six weeks and no sign of bonus for me yet. Not worried yet, but curious.
Old Sep 7, 2010, 9:51 am

Are these referral bonus always targeted? Is there any promo going on right now? Have two friends not on AA and will be flying in the near future.
Old Sep 12, 2010, 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by jabrams72
Has anyone received miles for this yet? I had two friends sign up using my promo link; it's been over six weeks and no sign of bonus for me yet. Not worried yet, but curious.
You have to wait up to 8 weeks from the end of the promotion, 8/31. I think that's around 10/25.
Old Sep 17, 2010, 4:12 pm

can somebody send me a PM for setting up AA miles account....my email is <email address redacted by moderator, please use the PM or FT email system>

Last edited by dstan; Sep 17, 2010 at 5:37 pm
Old Sep 17, 2010, 6:53 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold but PlatPro thanks to LPs
All I can say is the AAdvantage Audits folks do read these threads
If that is the case, then here's my message to the Audit People:

Dear Mr/Ms Aadvantage Audit,

1000 miles is way, way too little for this. It's not worth my time. I get these emails and just delete them. If you want me to (1) think of who I know that does not yet have an Aadvantage number, (2) contact that person, (3) convince them to sign up for something they have never needed before, (4) further convince them that their email box and postal mailbox won't be overwhelmed with advertising material and (5) hope they complete some kind of qualifying purchase in some defined period of time, then give me a heck of a lot more than 1000 miles for all that hassle.

Last edited by QueenOfCoach; Sep 17, 2010 at 6:55 pm Reason: fixed something
Old Sep 17, 2010, 9:08 pm

Oooops, the promo ended a couple of weeks ago.

Originally Posted by dealsngh
can somebody send me a PM for setting up AA miles account....my email is <email address redacted by moderator, please use the PM or FT email system>
Old Sep 18, 2010, 6:36 am

Programs: AA EXP, BAEC Bronze, DL Plat UA, HHonors Platinum, SPG Gold, Hyatt
I had bonus miles for this post today. ^

And as to the previous poster, I'm sorry that this is too little for you. Every little bit helps and this seems fairly generous compared to other programs. I think you may be misreading the intent of the promo slightly.
Old Sep 18, 2010, 10:07 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold but PlatPro thanks to LPs
I think you may be misreading the intent of the promo slightly.
The intent of the promo is to give existing customers an incentive to refer new customers. Every business does that. No problem. Then, they require the new customers to be "real" customers, not just number holders, by purchasing a modest amount. Again, no problem. If the business is rewarding existing customers for referrals, then the referred customers have to be real, not just number-holders who never generate income for the business.

If I were to be in conversation with a friend, and that friend said "Gee, I'm thinking of getting a frequent flyer account..." I would certainly recommend Aadvantage. Similarly, I would recommend my lawyer to someone needing a lawyer or recommend my hairdresser to someone who tells me they are looking for a new hairdresser. I would do that with or without the 1000 mile incentive.

However, to proactively solicit Aadvantage memberships to my friends and relatives, I'd need a stronger incentive than 1000 miles. Just my personal opinion. Thought I'd take this opportunity to give the Aadvantage Audit people some feedback.
Old Sep 19, 2010, 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by jabrams72
I had bonus miles for this post today. ^

And as to the previous poster, I'm sorry that this is too little for you. Every little bit helps and this seems fairly generous compared to other programs. I think you may be misreading the intent of the promo slightly.

I just signed in and found 5K bright and shiny new miles in my account from this promo.

Thanks AA!
Old Oct 8, 2010, 3:57 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, United MileagePlus, Alaska MileagePlan, Marriott Rewards
did anyone actually get bonus miles for those that did the aa shopping/toolbar promo? i dont see those being posted, only got miles from referrals that actually flew on AA and partners.
Old Oct 8, 2010, 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by bylin2000
did anyone actually get bonus miles for those that did the aa shopping/toolbar promo? i dont see those being posted, only got miles from referrals that actually flew on AA and partners.
I'm in the same situation using the shopping/toolbar promo. Those miles didn't post until the very end of the referral promo and so I figured I'd wait a bit more. I think there's one more week to wait if you go by the T&C.
Old Oct 8, 2010, 4:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GS, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by docr775
Dear docr775,

As one of our most valued American Airlines AAdvantage® members, we are sending you this exclusive offer to earn up to 10,000 AAdvantage bonus miles.

Simply refer your friends, family and colleagues to join the AAdvantage program through our new Multiply Your Miles promotion. You will earn 1,000 AAdvantage bonus miles for every person who joins and participates* in the program before January 31, 2009 – up to 10,000 AAdvantage bonus miles!

Plus, each of your friends who participates will earn 1,000 AAdvantage bonus miles too.

T&C

Get started today, and begin multiplying your miles –
and your AAdvantage travel awards!
Promotional Terms and Conditions
*Eligible participating activity includes one of the following between October 22, 2008, and January 31, 2009: travel on American Airlines, American Eagle or the AmericanConnection® carriers, get approved for a select Citi® / AAdvantage® card, or transact and earn at least 750 miles with any of our many AAdvantage program participants.

Offer is valid for recipients of this email only. Only AAdvantage® members who receive this email will be eligible to earn AAdvantage® bonus miles. To qualify, you must have referred friends between October 22, 2008, and January 31, 2009, and referred friends must have enrolled in the AAdvantage program as new members, successfully registered for the promotion via the promotional microsite, and completed an eligible activity (travel on American Airlines, American Eagle or the AmericanConnection® carriers, get approved for a select Citi® / AAdvantage® card, or transact and earn at least 750 miles with any of our many AAdvantage program participants) between October 22, 2008, and January 31, 2009. Referred friends must reside in the United States. There is no limit to the number of friends you can refer during this promotion; however, the maximum number of bonus miles that can be earned through this promotion is 10,000 bonus miles. Please allow 6-8 weeks after the promotion ends for bonus miles to be posted to your AAdvantage account. Anyone who is referred by multiple AAdvantage members will be associated with the AAdvantage member the referred individual responds to first. Bonus miles do not count toward elite status qualification.

I thought all my friends were AAdvantage members.

===============================MODERATOR NOTE====================================

Though the new offer mentioned in Post #9 for 2010 seems essentially the same, please read Post #9 thoroughly for dates, terms and conditions, etc. /Moderator

I honestly dont think I know anyone who isnt already enrolled.
Old Nov 9, 2010, 8:47 pm

Is this referral deal still on? I need to sign up for a friend and she will be travelling on AA soon. Please PM me if you can do the referral.

TIA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.