Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Are your friends worth 10,000 AAdvantage miles? (1,000 miles per referral)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Are your friends worth 10,000 AAdvantage miles? (1,000 miles per referral)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2010, 10:59 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat
Assuming we follow protocol of other loyalty programs on FT, I assume this will become a central thread for referrals.

I also received the offer and will refer anyone who could use it, just PM me.
Old Jun 4, 2010, 11:00 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, United Silver, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
I received the email as well - it's nice to be targeted.

If anyone reading this thread would like a referral to the AA frequent flyer program, and plans to fly on AA or complete an "eligible activity" between now and August 31, I'd be glad to refer you if you send me a PM. To send a PM, click my name (at left), then select "Send a private message to...."

I would need your first name, last name, and email address. You should then get an email invite from AA.

"Eligible activity" is defined as a flight, signing up for a Citi AA credit card, or any activity that earns 750 AA frequent flyer miles with an AAdvantage program participant.

Last edited by GetawaysRus; Jun 4, 2010 at 11:13 am
Old Jun 4, 2010, 11:30 am

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
I was happy to be "targeted", but I too think most family/friends are already members---sometimes thanks to me. So do I sign up people I don't know well, and hope they'd have a "qualifying activity" within a defined time-frame? Seems like too much bother.

Last edited by aktchi; Jun 4, 2010 at 4:00 pm
Old Jun 4, 2010, 11:40 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Regardless of whether this is FT or not (and I am not intending to impugn the character of any member here), be relatively sure you wish to share your personal details with others if another member offers to sponsor you for the miles.

/Moderator

Last edited by JDiver; Jun 4, 2010 at 12:01 pm
Old Jun 4, 2010, 11:57 am

Just got this email too. PM me if u want to be referred as well
Old Jun 4, 2010, 1:31 pm

AA Promo: Are Your Friends Worth 10K Miles?

"To qualify... referred friends must... completed an eligible activity (travel on American Airlines, American Eagle or the AmericanConnection carrier) get approved for a select Citi/AAdvantage credit card or transact and earn at least 750 miles with any AAdvantage program participants.

My parents will not fly, will not get the Citi card... Any suggestions on how I can work the "TRANSACT and EARN" part?

I guess, I'd have to buy some stuff using their AA number?

NOTE:
Offer is valid for recipients of this email only.

Thanks for your help. Jon
Old Jun 4, 2010, 2:03 pm

Programs: AA 1.5 MM Exec Plat, WN A-List, DL Silver, UA nonrev
Already posted earlier today, and (currently) still on first page:
<link to this thread>

Specifically, here is the post that gives the T&C:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/14075872-post9.html

You can "transact" with any number of AAdvantage partners, all available on aa.com

Last edited by JDiver; Jun 4, 2010 at 2:11 pm Reason: deleted recurving link after merge
Old Jun 4, 2010, 2:09 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Your parents are unchangeable - find some new friends. Try to scam the system, get caught - and lose it all.

Originally Posted by zznoname
"To qualify... referred friends must... completed an eligible activity (travel on American Airlines, American Eagle or the AmericanConnection carrier) get approved for a select Citi/AAdvantage credit card or transact and earn at least 750 miles with any AAdvantage program participants.

My parents will not fly, will not get the Citi card... Any suggestions on how I can work the "TRANSACT and EARN" part?

I guess, I'd have to buy some stuff using their AA number?

NOTE:
Offer is valid for recipients of this email only.

Thanks for your help. Jon
Old Jun 4, 2010, 2:31 pm

Is it a "scam"?

The rules read, "referred friends", then parents appear to qualify. Must be, "new members" and only spending money is OK.

So, perfectly "legal" as far as I can see.

But, your point is true, a person might only have a "few" parents (joined families).

I'm guessing using the "spending money" part, the new AA member must make a purchase using a credit card with their name on it.

Bottom line: Too much work for only 1k.
Old Jun 4, 2010, 3:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3.4MM, BAEC, UAMP, Skyteam (<10k) HH Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz Gold, GE/TSA TT
As luck would have it, I have already gotten all my work colleagues to join AAdvantage... several earlier this year, and got zero bennies out of it (sigh!)
Old Jun 4, 2010, 3:15 pm

billgrates3, they can get 55K into their accout and "buy" you an award ticket.
Old Jun 4, 2010, 3:40 pm

Programs: AA,CO,US, and SPG Gold (just like everyone else :P)
Well to those of you who have been targeted not sure if it would work but wouldn't cost anything. Refer ten friends who don't want to do anything. Then use the aadvantage shopping as a partner and download a toolbar for 500 miles and 100 miles each month for 300 searches each month.

https://www.aadvantageeshopping.com/...rdownload.aspx

Then register them for points.com for 150 more miles.

https://www.points.com/join/c?c=0504-61-009

Summary: June. Toolbar 500 points
300 Searches 100 points
Points.com 150 points
Total 750 points

Other options include playing live search bing club and taking surveys at opinion place but these are not listed on their partner links the others are...

Good luck!

Last edited by cnsoccer; Jun 5, 2010 at 12:25 pm
Old Jun 4, 2010, 7:16 pm

Programs: Most....Four elite air/ Three hotel elites - UA MillionMiler - DL RWT alum
I looked at the referral page and sample letter that the friend will receive. The only "personal" information disclosed is first name, last name, and email address, and then they receive a welcome letter and link to enroll. After meeting the low 750 mile (point) mark, then both get the 1000 AAdv mile bonus. Win-win for both of us.

Feel free to PM me to 6/7 and after 6/22. (I'll be on the road in the middle and not sure of internet access between then.) But yes, I'm Platinum, and I'll be happy to refer and keep info name/email private.
Old Jun 4, 2010, 7:33 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PLT,HH-PLT
nothing about reading this and getting all excited and THEN realizing the catch was pretty much a flight..... gotta love the "fine print"!!!
Old Jun 4, 2010, 9:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP(.96MM), AMEX Platinum, United Premier Silver, Delta Gold, SPG Platinum 50, Hilton Gold VIP
Originally Posted by cnsoccer
Well to those of you who have been targeted not sure if it would work but wouldn't cost anything. Refer ten friends who don't want to do anything or set up 10 phantom accounts. Then use the aadvantage shopping as a partner and download a toolbar for 500 miles and 100 miles each month for 300 searches each month.

https://www.aadvantageeshopping.com/...rdownload.aspx

Then register them for points.com for 100 more miles.

http://www.aa.com/i18n/AAdvantage/pa...intsdotcom.jsp

Summary: June. Toolbar 500 points
300 Searches 100 points
Points.com 100 points
July 150 Searches 50 points
Total 750 points

Other options include playing live search bing club and taking surveys at opinion place but these are not listed on their partner links the others are...

Good luck!
would hate to lose all those AAmiles for fraud

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.