Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Which DUB / Dublin flights Pre-Clear Customs / Immigration (consolidated)

ARCHIVE: Which DUB / Dublin flights Pre-Clear Customs / Immigration (consolidated)

Old Apr 28, 13, 10:22 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Global Entry, Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by g_leyser View Post
6. US Pre Clearance. There is a Global Entry line - you may have to ask an agent to get in though.
How many Global Entry kiosks are available?
Old Apr 28, 13, 10:36 am

Programs: AA PLAT
Does AA93 Pre-Clear Immigation in DUB?

I flew DUB-ORD last week and spent a little bit too long in the lounge. I left the lounge an hour before the flight and the line for immigration was the longest I've ever seen it (6 rows queuing for non-US passengers and almost double that for US passengers).

When they scanned my BP at the top of the line it gave a weird beep and the agent said that all AA93 pax are gone through now. I queued normally but about 10 mins later the same agent came and pulled me out of line and straight to the top.

I've never seen this happen before but I'd imagine if the flight has started to board and there are people still in queue they pull them out? I doubt it's a perk for premium pax.
Old Apr 28, 13, 10:56 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, BD..oh, wait..
I've never seen this happen before but I'd imagine if the flight has started to board and there are people still in queue they pull them out? I doubt it's a perk for premium pax.
They do. I've seen it quite a few times when USCBP is like that. The staff (non USCBP agents, but whatever contractors they use for queue management etc) call into the queue for any passengers departing on AA/US/United/Aer Lingus/Delta Flight X to wherever to make themselves known, then bring them to the front of the line and send them to the next free booth.

This is why I tend to arrive pretty early for USCBP in DUB. During the morning rush it can be crazy and doesn't always move quickly.
Old Apr 28, 13, 12:50 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Programs: AS MVP Gold, AA PlatPro, HH Dia, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Gold, Reno Air MEGA Platinum

How many Global Entry kiosks are available?
I'm not sure there were actual kiosks, but rather a dedicated line avoiding the general queue. Better than nothing.
Old Apr 28, 13, 3:24 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Global Entry, Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by g_leyser View Post
I'm not sure there were actual kiosks, but rather a dedicated line avoiding the general queue. Better than nothing.
"U.S. Customs and Border Protection announced today that Global Entry kiosks are now available in CBP preclearance facilities at Irelandís Shannon and Dublin airports."

Global Entry Expands to Two Airports in Ireland

Regardless, thank you for your detailed report of the preclearance process.
Old Apr 30, 13, 4:49 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Programs: AS MVP Gold, AA PlatPro, HH Dia, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Gold, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
Originally Posted by 14940674 View Post
"U.S. Customs and Border Protection announced today that Global Entry kiosks are now available in CBP preclearance facilities at Irelandís Shannon and Dublin airports."

Global Entry Expands to Two Airports in Ireland

Regardless, thank you for your detailed report of the preclearance process.
Even better ^

I'm not GE, so didn't bother looking in much detail. There was not a sole using that line.
Old May 1, 13, 7:26 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT PLT 2.6MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by Colin View Post
What's the point of US Immigration pre-clearance when you still have to be processed through US Customs upon arrival into the US?? It's not like DUB-ORD would arrive at a T3 gate if passengers were immigrations pre-cleared.
Originally Posted by mvoight View Post
Are you sure? I think this is the way pre-cleared flights from Canada work.
I pre-cleared when I flew from Vancouver a couple of years ago and don't remember leaving the secure area when I connected in SEA.
Any pre-cleared flights absolutely arrive at T3. I do quite a bit of YYZ, YUL, and YVR. All are pre-clearance airports.
Old May 1, 13, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by colmc View Post
The staff (non USCBP agents, but whatever contractors they use for queue management etc) call into the queue for any passengers departing on AA/US/United/Aer Lingus/Delta Flight X to wherever to make themselves known, then bring them to the front of the line and send them to the next free booth.
It appears that the winning strategy is to arrive as late as possible and get called out of the line to bypass it entirely.
Old May 1, 13, 1:29 pm

..until (for whatever reason) you get pulled for secondary and your flight goes without you and your bag.

And that would be *exactly* the time that would happen. So I wouldn't recommend that tactic, personally.
Old Aug 11, 13, 1:41 am

Programs: AA EXP 2 MM
Question Minimum time to make a connection in ORD?

Originally Posted by akarneboge View Post
Any pre-cleared flights absolutely arrive at T3. I do quite a bit of YYZ, YUL, and YVR. All are pre-clearance airports.
But aa.com shows the DUB flight arriving in ORD T5. A 2008 post said:

Originally Posted by HNL View Post
I've flown AA93 when the flight routed ORD-DUB-SNN-ORD and we pre cleared US immigration at SNN. When we arrived at ORD there was an airline rep that waved us past the long snaking immigration line. A short walk past the baggage belt and I was waved past the customs agent.

The key distinction between the pre-clearance in Canada vs Ireland is Canada offers customs clearance too, The Irish flights do not.
Is this still the case?

I have a 1hr 40min connection in ORD, and only just noticed that AA 93 has an average delay of 50 min! So I wonder what the minimum time is to get from arrival to departure gate with hand luggage (below which I would be better diverting to the rebooking desks)?
Old Aug 11, 13, 6:37 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by nbevan View Post
I have a 1hr 40min connection in ORD, and only just noticed that AA 93 has an average delay of 50 min! So I wonder what the minimum time is to get from arrival to departure gate with hand luggage (below which I would be better diverting to the rebooking desks)?
When I took AA93 at the end of June it arrived at T3 like a domestic service, as it pre-cleared at DUB. Indeed, today's flight is scheduled to arrive at H16, although for some reason yesterday's flight arrived at T5 (gate M3) so not sure what happened there. If you arrive at T3, you should be fine with 1h40 and only hand luggage.

However, the poor on-time performance of AA93 recently can indeed effect your plans, as it did mine. I had a scheduled 1h30 connection to a domestic flight in June. AA93 was delayed by 1h30 in departure meaning I missed my connection by seconds. I ended up arriving at my destination 5 hours behind schedule which totally negated the any advantage that pre-clearance could have given.

(*As a side note, the DUB ground staff were useless- no updates or explanation of the delay, heaven forbid an actual apology for the inconvenience caused...)

Last edited by BA1321; Aug 11, 13 at 6:45 am
Old Sep 9, 13, 12:42 pm

Programs: LT AAdvantage Gold
Don't believe Aadvantage desk

We are flying DUB/ORD/DFW next month and our connection time in ORD is 1 hour 50 minutes. Given the sequester I don't feel good about this. I called the Aadvantage desk and asked if they have pre-clearance in Dublin. I got the reply that they only offer pre-clearance from Canada and Caribbean. Well, I know that's not right.

I looked at my AA iPhone app at flight 93 today. It says it arrives in T3 in Chicago. I thought T5 was the international arrival in Chicago.

Was my agent just uninformed? Do we get customs and immigration pre-clearance in DUB?

Thanks.
Old Sep 9, 13, 12:49 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton, Marriott/SPG Platinum, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by jpmcdonough View Post
Was my agent just uninformed?
Sure sounds like it.

Do we get customs and immigration pre-clearance in DUB?
Yup.
Old Sep 9, 13, 4:20 pm

Programs: IHG Spire, National Exec, AA Plat
I can confirm that as of last year, it does pre-clear in Dublin. I believe most US bound flights do actually.

I'll be on this flight in mid October, and can report back with the latest. I hear they now have GLobal Entry there as well, something which they did not have last time I was there (and insisted that they would never get as it is for US based airports only)

Assuming it does still pre-clear, you'll arrive in T3 just like any other domestic flight, no need to do anything special or redo security, etc.
Old Sep 10, 13, 12:57 pm

It still does pre-clear, so you should be perfectly fine. It will arrive in T3

Search this Thread
Search Engine: