Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Which DUB / Dublin flights Pre-Clear Customs / Immigration (consolidated)

ARCHIVE: Which DUB / Dublin flights Pre-Clear Customs / Immigration (consolidated)

Old Oct 10, 08, 9:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 8 MM; Hilton Diamond
I can now add with authority that you do NOT clear US anything in DUB on AA. CO, US, EI, DL yes, AA no.

AA conditions at DUB are at least 2.5rd world. L-O-N-G walks, no jet bridge (it has been known to rain in Ireland), inconsistent lifts and moving sidewalks. I hear the experience on other carriers is better. Cabby said new terminal won't be finished until sometime in 2010 and even then wont have rail

Last edited by bbkenney; Oct 10, 08 at 10:11 pm
Old Jun 12, 10, 10:26 am

Programs: AA Plat (2mm), SPG Gold
I am reviving this old thread as I am wondering the current answer to the OP's question. Does AA flight 93 pre-clear Immigration in Dublin or do you have to do Customs AND Immigration @ O'Hare?
Old Jun 12, 10, 10:31 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, AS 75K Gold MVP, and some hotel stuff...
Originally Posted by wheresTWA View Post
Does AA flight 93 pre-clear Immigration in Dublin
Not as of February.

Cheers.
Old Jun 12, 10, 6:24 pm

Definitely NOT- has not for probably 2-3 years.

Possibility it might in the future when T2 opens in DUB and they offer Immigration and customs combined.

But they that supposes AA does not pull out of Ireland, given their pull out to seasonal starting this fall
Old Jun 13, 10, 4:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus
Originally Posted by eireman View Post
Definitely NOT- has not for probably 2-3 years.

Possibility it might in the future when T2 opens in DUB and they offer Immigration and customs combined.

But they that supposes AA does not pull out of Ireland, given their pull out to seasonal starting this fall
DUB might be a more viable destination if it still had a partner had a hub there. That is, if more OneWorld or other AA partner connections were possible, more people would fly to DUB
Old Jun 13, 10, 6:36 am

Programs: AA PLT, IHG PLT
Originally Posted by mvoight View Post
DUB might be a more viable destination if it still had a partner had a hub there. That is, if more OneWorld or other AA partner connections were possible, more people would fly to DUB
As of this week, Aer Lingus are officially looking to join an alliance again, so all may not be lost:

http://atwonline.com/airline-finance...-alliance-0610
Old Jan 21, 13, 11:02 pm

I am reviving this old thread as I am wondering the current answer to the OP's question. Does AA flight 93 pre-clear Immigration in Dublin or do you have to do Customs AND Immigration @ O'Hare?

<redacted>

Last edited by Microwave; Jan 22, 13 at 4:33 am Reason: Moved question about lounges to the relevant thread
Old Jan 21, 13, 11:20 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kayexalate View Post

Also, is there a lounge after the immigration in Dublin? If so, which lounge is it?
AA 93 now pre-clears immigration in Dublin.
Old Jan 22, 13, 4:32 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton, Marriott/SPG Platinum, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Posts asking questions about DUB lounges have been moved to this thread:
DUB / Dublin Contract & EI Lounges (consolidated)

~Moderator
Old Apr 27, 13, 12:40 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Programs: AS MVP Gold, AA PlatPro, HH Dia, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Gold, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
Flying DUB-ORD tomorrow. Business class, no checked luggage - carry-on only.

How early do we need to be at DUB? Is 60 minutes enough? 90 minutes?
Old Apr 27, 13, 2:04 pm

Programs: AA LTP, Bonvoy Titanium; AA CK before I retired

https://www.aa.com/intl/ie/travelInformation/dublinAirport.jsp#

says "We recommend that you arrive at the airport 3 hours prior to your intended flight departure. Check-in closes 75 minutes prior to flight departure in order to allow passengers to complete the U.S. pre-clearance process."

I did the DUB-ORD flight 12 months ago. 2 hours was sufficient, but bear in mind there are other flights to the USA leaving the same set of gates and it could get busy.
Old Apr 27, 13, 3:44 pm

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, BD..oh, wait..
Personally, I wouldn't leave it 60 minutes as can be busy at that hour due to the number of other US bound flights preclearing

Assuming you're a US citizen/legal permanent resident 90 minutes should be fine.
Old Apr 27, 13, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus
Originally Posted by colmc View Post
Personally, I wouldn't leave it 60 minutes as can be busy at that hour due to the number of other US bound flights preclearing

Assuming you're a US citizen/legal permanent resident 90 minutes should be fine.
Well, if check in closes at 75 minutes prior to flight time, I wouldn't recommend 60 minutes either
Old Apr 27, 13, 5:33 pm

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, BD..oh, wait..
With carry on only, one could use OLCI
Old Apr 28, 13, 3:58 am
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Programs: AS MVP Gold, AA PlatPro, HH Dia, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Gold, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
greetings from AA93

Thanks for all the advice. It took us just shy of an hour all told. I think 90 mins for a premium passenger is about as close as I would cut it, at least without high stress.
Here is the process:

1. Security questions at check-in area (have your bags been with you, blah blah blah). They give you a little sticker for your passport.
2. Check-in, get boarding pass, drop checked luggage. There is one kiosk for carry -on only, but most people check in with an agent.
There IS a premium line for the first 2 steps.

3. Take elevator up two floors for first boarding pass check.
4. First security check with WTMD.
There IS a premium line for steps 3&4 - stay left.

5. AerLingus lounge. We showed up at 9am for the 10am flight and told us we had no time - wouldn't even let us get water. Oh well.

6. US Pre Clearance. There is a Global Entry line - you may have to ask an agent to get in though.
No line for premium pax.
US Citizens stay right. Non-US stay left.

7. Yet another security check, though no WTMD this time.

8. Get on board! (If you can fight through the gate lice).

Search this Thread
Search Engine: