Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Canceling Award Ticket: How Long For Mileage Redeposit and Refund of Taxes Paid

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2008, 4:29 am
Original Poster

If I cancel award tickets and pay the redeposit fee of $150 per account for the first ticket and $25 for each additional from the same account, how long does it take for the miles to be redeposited? I need the miles to ticket a new on-hold reservation. What about taxes that were paid, are they refunded for the canceled ticket (ticket is an itin. with both AA and QF flights) and how long does that take?
Old Sep 5, 2008, 4:50 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Gold
My experience in redepositing and ticketing a new award is that the miles go back instantly so they set up the new ticket for issuance on the same phone call. I believe that they only charge (or credit) you the net difference on taxes and fees , but I could be wrong on that one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.