Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DFW gate connections

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2008, 6:02 pm
Original Poster

DFW gate connections

Just looked at the gates for tomorrow and I have to make it from C37 to A34 in about 30 minutes or less. Since I have not been through DFW in nearly 15 years I'm not sure how far away these gates are and if 30 minutes is enough time to make the connection assuming both flights are on time. Thanks.
Old Aug 21, 2008, 6:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
There's a monorail that makes getting around DFW pretty a quick trip. However, be sure to check the gate assignment for your 2nd flight before hopping on the tram b/c gates change ALL the time.
Old Aug 21, 2008, 6:07 pm

Location: San Jose, CA; AA Plat, CO Silver, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by stive1
Just looked at the gates for tomorrow and I have to make it from C37 to A34 in about 30 minutes or less. Since I have not been through DFW in nearly 15 years I'm not sure how far away these gates are and if 30 minutes is enough time to make the connection assuming both flights are on time. Thanks.
C37 is relatively close to A34. C and A are next to each other, but your C gate is one of the farthest possible to A. Luckily, your A gate is one of the closest to A. You can take the Skylink tram or run there, the former probably being faster. At least the tram has gotten faster since you were last there.

Anyway, gate changes happen all the time so you need to check the monitors when you arrive. Put on those track shoes...and good luck.

-ryan
Old Aug 21, 2008, 6:36 pm

If you take Skylink hang on!
Old Aug 21, 2008, 6:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Well, first of all, if youre not flying until tomorrow, there's a good chance that one or both of those gate assignments will change.

If not, you walk from C37 to C30 to get to the Skylink. It runs every 2 minutes. It'll be about a 3 minute ride to A30, and then a 4 gate walk to A34. Shouldn't take more than 10 minutes, tops, gate to gate.
Old Aug 21, 2008, 6:50 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
It's tight but doable, unless your flight arrives late / gets delayed arriving at a gate. Go to the nearest escalator to SkyLink, ride in the shortest direction, and get off at the escalator closet to your departure gate.

Check this link and attendant pages (especially getting around the airport using SkyLink.) :

Originally Posted by stive1
Old Aug 21, 2008, 7:00 pm

Programs: American Plat, Starwood Plat
DFW - best exercise on the go!

With Skylink I made it from one side of the airport to the other in about 12-13 minutes. I was tired from running, but I did catch the flight.

So, just hope your inbound isn't late

Conor
Old Aug 21, 2008, 7:08 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Holy cow, it's raining new members!

Welcome conroy too - and good answer! I've been there, done that, puff puff!

Originally Posted by conroy
With Skylink I made it from one side of the airport to the other in about 12-13 minutes. I was tired from running, but I did catch the flight.

So, just hope your inbound isn't late

Conor
Old Aug 21, 2008, 8:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP/1MM
It takes me about 15 minutes to get from C to D using the Skylink to go all the way around. Try to sit as close to the front of the plane as possible on your first flight.

Also, let's be honest, how likely will there be an on-time departure at DFW?
Old Aug 21, 2008, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
In June my wife and I had a 1:05 scheduled transit at DFW (rebooked from cancelled flight = missed connection out of NYC the day before).

We landed 25 minutes late. Gates were advised before landing, we had to go from C38 to 37D () about the worst possible gate connection. Here's the AA map of DFW: Dallas Fort Worth International Airport

To top it off, we had to wait another 10 minutes while a S80 already occupying C38 was backed away.

We were off the aircraft 35 minutes before our SEA flight was due to depart; checking the monitors on the way to the Sky Train showed it on time.

Taking the sky train in the clockwise direction (we missed an anti-clockwise one by 10 seconds, at least there's no stops at "Terminal F") we arrived at D37 as they were boarding Group 6 (18 minutes before scheduled flight departure). Our carry on found space, we in row 6, they somewhere around row 12 ...
Old Aug 21, 2008, 10:14 pm

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by swag
Well, first of all, if youre not flying until tomorrow, there's a good chance that one or both of those gate assignments will change..
There's a very good chance your gates could change WHILE you are on the flight into DFW, or even somewhere in between the runway and the tarmac once you've landed....or while you're sitting on the tarmac waiting for the plane that's occupying your gate to get out of the way, yet they re-assign you another gate anyways.....

I'd say have AA's # on your cell phone, and call it for the latest news, the minute your plane turns off the runway on landing.
Old Aug 21, 2008, 10:32 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
We had a delayed flight a while back to the point where we had 10 minutes to make it from one end of Terminal A to the far end of Terminal D. Using Skylink, we made it just that amount of time...then the flight out of D was delayed 1.5 hours due to a sick FA

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.