Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE:,Guide to, and listing of, compensation (2003 - 2011)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2010, 7:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by mvoight
I don't buy them giving an international first class passenger only $50 for a broken seat.
+1.
Is there some sort of steath disinformation campaign going on? Have been on FT for awhile, that sure didn't look like a first post. More like a post from a new screen name for a poster who has been here for awhile.
Old Dec 18, 2010, 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by dickinson
Is there some sort of steath disinformation campaign going on? Have been on FT for awhile, that sure didn't look like a first post. More like a post from a new screen name for a poster who has been here for awhile.
These pop up from time to time. The best in recent memory was this one from a (then) new poster, who was totally busted in post #27:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...s-cleared.html
Old Dec 18, 2010, 8:01 pm

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Originally Posted by rjw242
These pop up from time to time. The best in recent memory was this one from a (then) new poster, who was totally busted in post #27:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...s-cleared.html
I've never had more fun reading a thread from start to finish!!
Old Dec 19, 2010, 12:39 am

Programs: AA EXP 2 million, SPG PLT, GE
I think this post deserves to put to bed.
Old Dec 19, 2010, 4:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Interestingly there are situations where the failure to arrive at a destination in time as booked can cost a traveller far more than $1.2K. (Of course, in such situations it is prudent to book to arrive a day or more ealrlier if possibe.)

[ASIDE]
This forum seems to have (again) been getting far more agressive of late.
[/ASIDE]
Old Dec 19, 2010, 5:31 am

Originally Posted by serfty
[ASIDE]
[/ASIDE]
Seems to go along with an increasing tendency for people to refuse to take responsibility for their own lack of planning.

If you make travel plans that will only avoid large costs or significant inconvenience if everything goes exactly to plan then you are taking a risk before you start.
Old Dec 19, 2010, 6:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Interestingly there are situations where the failure to arrive at a destination in time as booked can cost a traveller far more than $1.2K. (Of course, in such situations it is prudent to book to arrive a day or more ealrlier if possibe.)
Of course there are situations where the failure to arrive at a destination in time can cost a traveller far more than $1.2K. This does not appear to be one of those situations.

[ASIDE]
[/ASIDE]
There has been a rash of members treating this forum as the airline equivalent of Penthouse Forum lately, posting their fantasies as fact. Another one of those was linked upthread. I understand members here being upset when somebody posts their fantasy of how they might have been mistreated, and we learn subsequently that they were not mistreated at all. I don't know about you, but I don't think I have ever forgotten that somebody gave me in excess of $1,000 yesterday, and if I do it's time for me to seek medical attention. For the OP to have posted his adventures without mentioning the voucher was aggressive on his part, it is reasonable to respond to aggression with aggression.
Old Dec 19, 2010, 6:18 am

Programs: AA EXP, 1 MM, AC, HH Diamond, Marriott Silver, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by gemac
I don't know about you, but I don't think I have ever forgotten that somebody gave me in excess of $1,000 yesterday, and if I do it's time for me to seek medical attention.
A little "detail" like that would be difficult for me to forget, too.
Old Dec 19, 2010, 6:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by videomaker
A little "detail" like that would be difficult for me to forget, too.
He forgot the $1212, but remembered the $5 breaksfast voucher, the $10 lunch voucher, and the $50 fee from CX (does CX really charge FC pax a fee to change flights?). What is important is the OP has informed us about Executive's policy regarding who loses their seat in the event of a weight/balance issue. The way to avoid this is to not be the last one to check-in. I suspect this can be accomplished by following recommendations for airport arrival times.
Old Dec 19, 2010, 6:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mvoight
He forgot the $1212, but remembered the $5 breaksfast voucher, the $10 lunch voucher, and the $50 fee from CX (does CX really charge FC pax a fee to change flights?). What is important is the OP has informed us about Executive's policy regarding who loses their seat in the event of a weight/balance issue. The way to avoid this is to not be the last one to check-in. I suspect this can be accomplished by following recommendations for airport arrival times.
The OP did ignore AA's suggested airport arrival time (2 hours before departure on international flights not listed) and arrived at 6:48 for an 8:15 flight. He does appear to be the only one cutting it that close.

IMO, the OP was overcompensated. He arrived at JFK less than 8 hours past his scheduled arrival. Typical comp for an 8-hour delay would be miles, perhaps 10,000 miles.
Old Dec 19, 2010, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
If it had been me, I would have had AA comp the hotel at the departure point, and would have stayed another day I have learned a valuable lesson from this thread, and that is to not be the last one to check-in. This seems to have been the only real problem, except for maybe an agent at a remote location either not know what services would be available to the pax when he arrived at JFK or a failure in communication to the employees at JFK. Waiting 15 minutes for an agent to show up, after the ticket counter has been closed, seems like a very minor part in all of this. AA doesn't control Executive's denied boarding policy, and the policy makes sense to me, because there is no first class on their planes AFAIK.
Old Dec 19, 2010, 8:42 am

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
OP: I am sure the experience was inconvenient when it happened, but nothing out of the world. Your leaving out the compensation voucher and adding it only later has created needless confusion. In retrospect, AA appears to have treated you about as well as we could ask, especially considering they weren't the operating carrier and not in control of the events.

Last edited by aktchi; Dec 19, 2010 at 12:16 pm
Old Dec 19, 2010, 8:45 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum

[ASIDE]
[/ASIDE]
Definitely seems so. Let's hope the change persists and the information content increases. It's good that people are noticing ^

Cheers.
Old Dec 19, 2010, 11:59 am

Programs: DL Diamond, AA revenue negative, Bonvoy Titanium +, Avis likes me
Originally Posted by brp
Definitely seems so. Let's hope the change persists and the information content increases. It's good that people are noticing ^

Cheers.
+1 It starts here. If not me, who?

Ok. I'll go back on my meds.

(OBTW-As a pre-Alzheimers candidate, I would be in deep tapioca if I couldn't remember a $1000 airline compensation. Just sayin')
Old Dec 19, 2010, 12:05 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
That's why we get a little OCD here - equipment changes, etc. can happen and when we accept the upgrade, we lose our preferred seat (we do at other times as well, and AA specifically states we are not guaranteed a seat - or much else, actually - in Conditions of Carriage. Sorry for your loss, but it does indeed happen.

Originally Posted by 25milesfromhome
Booked on 127, JFK - SAN. Had booked 10A and requested upgrade which came through at 100 hours. Moved into 5E. Upon boarding, I'm told that there's been an equipment change and the seat is not available. I have been moved to 36D, the last row, limited recline, next to the galley and toilets. Though I'd been at the airport for hours and at the gate for more than an hour, there was no announcement, and I was never called up to get a new boarding pass. Since I was expecting to eat on flight, hadn't picked up anything to eat. All in all a miserable six hour flight at the end of a long day. Should I complain, or is this just the way things go?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.