drugstore.com drops AA shopping?

Old Aug 18, 2008, 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by rrgg
Aadvantage eShopping told me that drugstore.com has been temporarily removed. It's beyond their control but they hope to have them back.
That's the same response I got when I asked about Neiman Marcus/Bergdorf Goodman and iGourmet when they left the program. Hopefully - based on the email FLgrr received, it is indeed temporary in Durgstore's case, but I think the answer you received was the generic reply they send whenever there is an inquiry about a merchant leaving the program. I wish NM would come back too!!!
Old Aug 18, 2008, 8:25 pm

If you need to order stuff right now... They're still partnered with airmilesmart.com where you can earn Starwood points, which can then be transferred to AA. However you don't earn as much and need to transfer in blocks of 500.
Old Aug 19, 2008, 2:16 am

Programs: AA; Marriott; SPG; HH
Originally Posted by YoYoGodMom
I notice bananarepublic.com is also gone (after I made the purchase and received the credit). They took it out of my favorite list as well.
The Gap is gone, too. . This is not good. A lot more stores have vanished from the program.
Old Aug 19, 2008, 5:40 pm

As are all of the Gap properties, like Old Navy, which blows the heck out of my back to school shopping. That happened about a month or two ago, actually.
Old Aug 21, 2008, 4:28 pm

I don't see the Gap brands on any other airline or hotel shopping sites either. I will say, I'm pretty excited about Williams Sonoma, Pottery Barn and Victoria's Secret being added though. Been wishing for those for years.^
Old Aug 21, 2008, 5:24 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus Premier Silver/Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by almostelite
I don't see the Gap brands on any other airline or hotel shopping sites either. I will say, I'm pretty excited about Williams Sonoma, Pottery Barn and Victoria's Secret being added though. Been wishing for those for years.^
I'm showing Gap still at the UAL Mileage Plus Mall.
Old Aug 21, 2008, 7:42 pm

I found quite a few of my usual Drugstore.com purchases at the GNC store that also has a really good earning rate.
Old Aug 22, 2008, 1:52 pm

Drugstore.com back; 3 miles per $

Didn't it used to be more? I'm definitely going to switch what I can over to GNC.com since they are at 5/$ and still have free shipping and no sales tax.

Still no Gap/Banana, iGourmet, or Neiman's/Bergdorff Goodman. I guess those are gone for good.
Old Aug 22, 2008, 2:41 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by DCAstudent
Didn't it used to be more? I'm definitely going to switch what I can over to GNC.com since they are at 5/$ and still have free shipping and no sales tax.

Still no Gap/Banana, iGourmet, or Neiman's/Bergdorff Goodman. I guess those are gone for good.
Used to be 4mi/$ (and sometimes even 8, when they had double mileage promotions). What is GNC - do they sell most of what drugstore.com does?
Old Aug 22, 2008, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by salut0
Used to be 4mi/$ (and sometimes even 8, when they had double mileage promotions). What is GNC - do they sell most of what drugstore.com does?
I was afraid of that... Oh well, 3 is better than 0.

The physical GNC stores sell vitamins and health supplements, but the online version also has a fairly large selection of bathroom products and toiletries. Not nearly as much as found at Drugstore.com, but I did find some of the items I had been purchasing through Drugstore.com.
Old Aug 22, 2008, 4:12 pm

Drugstore.com is back on aadvantageeshopping.com !
Old Aug 22, 2008, 11:33 pm

Originally Posted by rrgg
Drugstore.com is back on aadvantageeshopping.com !
Yes, but as discussed in the previous posts, it now earns fewer miles
Old Aug 23, 2008, 11:42 am

Programs: AA; Marriott; SPG; HH
Originally Posted by DCAstudent
Yes, but as discussed in the previous posts, it now earns fewer miles
Yay, I'll take 3 points over no points.
Old Aug 24, 2008, 9:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
It's back!

Drugstore.com is back on AA eshopping! Wonderful!
Old Aug 27, 2008, 6:25 pm

Gaps back too

I was shopping around today and low and behold, Gap is back on the site:

https://www.aadvantageeshopping.com/details.jsp?mrc=1

I think the miles per dollar is the same as it was before (2/$) right?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.