Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chaos at DFW, AA 2040 cancelled, reinstated on July 7 2008

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2008, 2:51 am
In memoriam

Programs: QF WP & AA EXP
One of my flights that didn't have a pilot or FO onboard when we boarded also didn't have the airconditioning running. When the pilot finally boarded he gave the FA and GA a stern telling-off for allowing passengers onboard the MD80 with no aircon, saying "you're just bloody lucky noone had a stroke."

I guess it was about 100 in DFW at that time, and it was stinking hot in there!
Old Aug 1, 2008, 3:27 am

Maintenance personnel are allowed to get the air conditioning going. Sometimes, even a savvy FA will know how to fiddle with the controls.
Old Aug 1, 2008, 3:30 am
In memoriam

Programs: QF WP & AA EXP
The cockpit door was locked and it seemed the pilot had the only key. Not sure if that's normal practice!

Over here we barely even have doors on cockpits on some domestic flights, much less locked ones
Old Aug 1, 2008, 3:55 am

deleted

Last edited by skylady; Aug 1, 2008 at 3:56 am Reason: tmi
Old Aug 1, 2008, 7:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by bluedevil23
Things like this make me question why I connect in DFW to HOU when I could fly WN nonstop. What we put up with for a few more miles....
Looks to me as if you got about 1000 AA miles for the one-way.

A WN RR credit is worth at least that much to me, so I'm not sure what you gained.

Come join us at WN!

To forestall 30 mocking responses:

1. Yes, international
2. Yes, segments toward EXP
3. Yes, Plat mileage bonuses
4. Yes, club service
Old Aug 1, 2008, 8:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, DL DM, Hilton Gold
I'm scrambling to pack for a flight to LAX then onto BNE-ADL so forgive me for not quoting people on these responses.

Yes, the other guy was in the AC. He said he asked them when he got in if the flight was ok, they paged the flight and he checked with them again on the way out, they told him he was fine. Seems odd the AC didn't even know what was up with this.

I didn't call AA because I didn't really know what was going on until I finally talked to the gate agent.

There are 2 flights to STL after the 6:25; a 7:30 that was cancelled and a 9:30 that according to the agent was already full with people moved from the 7:30. Our flight was also so delayed at that point that they would be taking off very close together.

The total trip STL-DFW-HOU and back netted a littler over 1000 EQM each way. At the time I booked it I did not know I'd be going to ADL today so I was booking every little trip on AA to ensure I maintain status as my travel is down a bit.

Chaos may seem a bit overboard when describing one flight, but until you see about 15 people yelling at GAs because they weren't allowed back onto a plane they had boarded only 2 hours earlier you won't quite understand the scene.
Old Aug 1, 2008, 10:36 am

Programs: DL PM, Hilton/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by bluedevil23
Chaos may seem a bit overboard when describing one flight, but until you see about 15 people yelling at GAs because they weren't allowed back onto a plane they had boarded only 2 hours earlier you won't quite understand the scene.
Actually, it sounds like a typical episode of Airline...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.