Wiki Posts
Search

Suggestions for $2.50 Voucher

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2008, 6:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum, HHonors Diamond

So, upon returning from my last trip to Chicago, I received a mystery voucher for $2.50 from AA. It was associated with the trip because it had the PNR and the ticket number from that trip printed on it. I didn't know why I received it, so I called AA, and this is what they said:

On my return flight, I was scheduled to fly ORD->CVG->LGA, but I switched it to ORD->LGA direct. Since I didn't fly the stop in CVG, the airport taxes were reduced from $5.00 to $2.50, and they credited me $2.50. Normally, they credit the tax back to the method of payment, but since this was an award ticket, they have to send a voucher instead.

It's honest, but I don't know what to do with a $2.50 voucher. Any suggestions?
Old Jul 23, 2008, 6:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
Yes, donate it...
Old Jul 23, 2008, 6:41 pm

Programs: STARS/LUMINOUS, PRIVE, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club
Will AA charge you a $20 or whatever fee to redeem the voucher towards a trip at an airport location?
Old Jul 23, 2008, 6:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2.5MM SPG
If this was an award ticket and they collected cash from you for the taxes, they really should be returning cash and not a voucher you will not use or will have to pay a premium to be able to use.
Old Jul 23, 2008, 7:17 pm
pbz

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by Oceanrider
If this was an award ticket and they collected cash from you for the taxes, they really should be returning cash and not a voucher you will not use or will have to pay a premium to be able to use.
Ditto, I have done the same thing and they credit back the $2.50 back to the credit card that paid the tax in the first place.
Old Jul 23, 2008, 7:24 pm

Pin it on the fridge. It's pretty much worthless.
Old Jul 23, 2008, 7:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
Ebay. I'll bet someone will pay you $3 - plus 42˘ for shipping.
Old Jul 23, 2008, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by cparekh
So, upon returning from my last trip to Chicago, I received a mystery voucher for $2.50 from AA. It was associated with the trip because it had the PNR and the ticket number from that trip printed on it. I didn't know why I received it, so I called AA, and this is what they said:

On my return flight, I was scheduled to fly ORD->CVG->LGA, but I switched it to ORD->LGA direct. Since I didn't fly the stop in CVG, the airport taxes were reduced from $5.00 to $2.50, and they credited me $2.50. Normally, they credit the tax back to the method of payment, but since this was an award ticket, they have to send a voucher instead.

It's honest, but I don't know what to do with a $2.50 voucher. Any suggestions?
Aaward ticket or not, some form of payment, other than miles was used for the $2.50
Old Jul 23, 2008, 8:11 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
TP (and some crap - pun intended - to get to the minimum character count)
Old Jul 23, 2008, 9:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Oceanrider
Originally Posted by pbz
Ditto, I have done the same thing and they credit back the $2.50 back to the credit card that paid the tax in the first place.
Originally Posted by mvoight
Aaward ticket or not, some form of payment, other than miles was used for the $2.50
The AAgent thought it was weird I got a voucher too. The only thing I can think of is that the card I have on file with AA has changed its number because I lost my wallet. Of course, that is not the card I used to purchase the ticket, I obviously used the one with the new number.

For $2.50 I'm not going to bother to hunt this one down.

Maybe I'll use it when I need to pay the fee to check my bike next month.

/cp
Old Jul 24, 2008, 12:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by cparekh
The AAgent thought it was weird I got a voucher too. The only thing I can think of is that the card I have on file with AA has changed its number because I lost my wallet. Of course, that is not the card I used to purchase the ticket, I obviously used the one with the new number.

For $2.50 I'm not going to bother to hunt this one down.

Maybe I'll use it when I need to pay the fee to check my bike next month.

/cp
A lost card doesn't prevent getting credits to the old one. AA has the number.

You could always mail the voucher to Milton when you ticket
Old Jul 24, 2008, 9:16 am

Wallpaper a doll house with it.

Swimmin' M
Old Jul 24, 2008, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 3mm Plat
Use it to buy a drink on board along with the rest of charge in currency.
Old Jul 24, 2008, 1:25 pm

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, PCR Plat/Amb
If you have any other vouchers, use it in conjunction with those. The fee is per ticket you get, not per voucher used to pay for it.

If you don't have any other vouchers, keep it, then chuck it when it expires.
Old Jul 24, 2008, 3:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by martinp13
If you have any other vouchers, use it in conjunction with those. The fee is per ticket you get, not per voucher used to pay for it.

If you don't have any other vouchers, keep it, then chuck it when it expires.
this is what I'm saving my two $5.00 vouchers for, to throw them in the pot with another one that I'm going to use anyway

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.