Wiki Posts
Search

When to book SFO - LHR?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2008, 4:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, UA 1k
When to book SFO - LHR?

There's a chance that my SO may end up spending a good bit of time in the UK this winter, and if that happens, I will probably book 3 SFO - LAX/ORD/JFK - LHR tickets between dec & may. I just checked prices, and they're quite high -- $900, before taxes.

Are prices likely to come down once Fall rolls around, and/or what are the chances for an intl "sale" later in the year? In the past, I've had good luck scoring cheep BOS - LHR tix during sale periods... but I don't know if that's something that's dependable.

thanks!
Old Jul 21, 2008, 4:34 pm

Programs: AA GLD, soon-to-be PLT in 2 weeks!
From what I have seen in the past few years, there are usually European deals offered later in the year, after summer or so. Keep in mind that fares are usually high far in advance of intended travel. Expect fares to come down as the departure dates rolls closer as AA will have a better estimate of the yield for the flight(s), and will adjust fares accordingly.
Old Jul 21, 2008, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by 777-DCA
From what I have seen in the past few years, there are usually European deals offered later in the year, after summer or so. Keep in mind that fares are usually high far in advance of intended travel. Expect fares to come down as the departure dates rolls closer as AA will have a better estimate of the yield for the flight(s), and will adjust fares accordingly.
This has been true in the past. However, unless fuel prices drop, I wouldn't expect to see any real "deals" to Europe this winter.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.