Wiki Posts
Search

AADER promotion new status survey

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2008, 10:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP
AADER promotion new status survey

So how about a survey to see how many managed to upgrade their status because of AADER?

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?s...eZj59vUw_3d_3d

Mods: If hope posting surveys is not against board policy. If it is please delete the thread.
Old Jul 19, 2008, 10:08 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Interesting idea. We can get some real statistics on how many new EXP we have, at least in the FT world.

Perhaps the mods can turn this into a local Poll using the vBullein software. Make it easier for all to see the results here.

Cheers.
Old Jul 19, 2008, 10:33 am
Original Poster

brp - good idea.

Until then everyone can view the results by logging onto the site http://www.surveymonkey.com username aader pwd aader

and report link is

http://www.surveymonkey.com/MySurvey...Up8VeqLJVvc%3d
Old Jul 19, 2008, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by riteshraja
brp - good idea.

Until then everyone can view the results by logging onto the site http://www.surveymonkey.com username aader pwd aader

and report link is

http://www.surveymonkey.com/MySurvey...Up8VeqLJVvc%3d
I too think the survey is an excellent idea.

W/advance, apologies for potentially making this a "how many FTers does it take to screw in a lightbulb" issue, but If there is a revised version, I think adding "none" to the pre AADER option could be useful.
Old Jul 19, 2008, 11:05 am

Excellent idea!
We use SurveyMonkey at work. We should put more surveys up here -- I am sure there are allot of things to poll the community on.....

One thing, for this survey, we need a response that is no staus to see the migration from no status to GLD...
Old Jul 19, 2008, 11:08 am

Programs: AA EP, AA AC
Originally Posted by 777lover
Excellent idea!
We use SurveyMonkey at work. We should put more surveys up here -- I am sure there are allot of things to poll the community on.....

One thing, for this survey, we need a response that is no staus to see the migration from no status to GLD...
Note that my journey was from no status to EXP during the course of the promotion, but I chose PLT to EXP as I guess that was more accurate than not. Safe travels.
Old Jul 19, 2008, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So how about a survey to see how many managed to upgrade their status because of AADER?

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?s...eZj59vUw_3d_3d
Isn't the way this survey asks the questions comparing apples to oranges?

The status before AADER is, for most people, the status qualified last year.

The status after AADER is the requalification status, if higher, otherwise same.

And since AADER lasted several months, some people whose status went up over the course of AADER would have gone up the same without AADER just to normal flying during those months (but the survey doesn't differentiate).

If we can't wait until the end of the requalification year to do this survey, then other quesitons might be more useful, like (in ranges) how many extra EQMs did you get this year that you don't think you would have gotten without AADER? (Note that this is not the same answer as how many bonus miles you earned from AADER, because it also factors in extra trips taken only because AADER was around.) Or what status do you expect to have at the end of this year factoring in AADER?
Old Jul 19, 2008, 11:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bdemaria
I too think the survey is an excellent idea.

W/advance, apologies for potentially making this a "how many FTers does it take to screw in a lightbulb" issue, but If there is a revised version, I think adding "none" to the pre AADER option could be useful.
It does not let me change the survey since it has started already but someone without status can just not select anything in the before part. I dont think it requires a choice to be selected.

So far it looks like business as usual - just 2 more EXP's. No change for PLT so my upgrades should hopefully still clear :-)
Old Jul 19, 2008, 11:23 am

Programs: AA - ExPlat 1MM Marriott - Platinum, Hertz - Presidents Circle
You need to add another option (or two) how many were already requalified to EXP and didn't need AADER.
Old Jul 19, 2008, 11:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sdsearch
... Or what status do you expect to have at the end of this year factoring in AADER?
Added this question.
Old Jul 19, 2008, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
So far it looks like business as usual - just 2 more EXP's. No change for PLT so my upgrades should hopefully still clear :-)
Unless of course those 2 new EXP are on the same flight that you are
Old Jul 19, 2008, 11:32 am

Programs: AA EXP, PC PLT, HH Gold
I was EXP before AADER, and I requalified EXP without AADER, so the survey doesn't pertain to me.
Old Jul 19, 2008, 3:07 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by sdsearch

And since AADER lasted several months, some people whose status went up over the course of AADER would have gone up the same without AADER just to normal flying during those months (but the survey doesn't differentiate).
I took the intent of this to be "status you would have gotten this year without AADER" as the "before" and status with AADER. I think most people know what they plan for each year, so could answer this. That was the way I answered it.

Cheers.
Old Jul 19, 2008, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
It does not let me change the survey since it has started already but someone without status can just not select anything in the before part. I dont think it requires a choice to be selected.

It's only mid-July. I expect many people will hit their status level, helped by AADER, later this year.
Old Jul 19, 2008, 3:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by brp
I took the intent of this to be "status you would have gotten this year without AADER" as the "before" and status with AADER. I think most people know what they plan for each year, so could answer this. That was the way I answered it.

Cheers.
Most such surveys are a waste of time since the people responding will not generally be a true cross-section of the AA board on FT.

The responding group will be heavily weighted toward those who are excited about the promotion and want to analyze it, making it appear that a lot more people have jumped up in status due to the promotion, even if that is not the case.

FWIW, I will most likely make PLT later this year, which I probably would not without this promotion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.