Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MIA-PTY Sticker Upgrade Success, please post here...

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2008, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
The OP is quite welcome to do his own work by checking ExpertFlyer in the appropriate inventory class, just as often as he wishes.
Old Jul 15, 2008, 1:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, CM Silver, IHG Silver
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
The OP is quite welcome to do his own work by checking ExpertFlyer in the appropriate inventory class, just as often as he wishes.

Thanks for the invitation. I wasn't aware that EF could show me how often others have received upgrades.
Old Jul 15, 2008, 2:12 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by AdamSouthFL
Thanks for the invitation. I wasn't aware that EF could show me how often others have received upgrades.
It doesn't, but I got the impression that you were more interested in your chances for upgrades than a purely historical review of what has happened to others- something pretty much unrelated to your chances going forward. EF will help with the former, although not the latter.

Cheers.
Old Jul 15, 2008, 6:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Wow I thought I knew AAdvantage pretty well but just learned something new. Wish this thread existed prior to my mileage run to PTY (SLC-PTY for $138 RT).

I didn't know that MIA-PTY was eligible for Platinum "sticker" upgrades. Is all of Central America/Mexico fair game for Plat upgrades?
Old Jul 15, 2008, 6:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by HNL
Yes - Stickers = Electronic Upgrades = Elite Upgrade
But the historical nomenclature of "Stickers" lives on.
As do the terms "Green Card" for immigration (form I-551) which is no longer green, and the IBM Green Card (mainframe reference) which was called "green card" long after it became yellow and became a booklet.
Old Jul 15, 2008, 6:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM
Originally Posted by Herb687
Is all of Central America/Mexico fair game for Plat upgrades?
http://www.aa.com/aa/pubcontent/en_U...geupgrades.jsp
Old Jul 15, 2008, 6:44 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mvoight
As do the terms "Green Card" for immigration (form I-551) which is no longer green, and the IBM Green Card (mainframe reference) which was called "green card" long after it became yellow and became a booklet.
Are you an IBMer?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.