Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Relative AA Newbie II - can I use FL if my int'l flight was prev night?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2008, 7:40 pm
Original Poster

Updated itinerary!

I will now fly on AA154 in F, overnight in Chicago, and fly on AA1248 the next morning.

Just two questions for now:

- I've already learnt about FEBO, but I'd like to hear any other tips (favorite F seats, things to look out for, etc.)!
- I'm forced to overnight in Chicago because my flight from Tokyo arrives too late. Will I be allowed into the lounge since I got off a F flight less than 24 hours ago?

Please and thank you
Old Jul 1, 2008, 4:28 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by hairpeace
Updated itinerary!

I will now fly on AA154 in F, overnight in Chicago, and fly on AA1248 the next morning.

Just two questions for now:

- I've already learnt about FEBO, but I'd like to hear any other tips (favorite F seats, things to look out for, etc.)!
- I'm forced to overnight in Chicago because my flight from Tokyo arrives too late. Will I be allowed into the lounge since I got off a F flight less than 24 hours ago?

Please and thank you
If you are a CX MPO IN then you can access the Flagship Lounge in ORD. This is the international F Class lounge and is much better than the normal AC. I assume you mean whether you can access the lounge the next day when you take the 1248.
Old Jul 1, 2008, 5:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IHEARTNY1
If you are a CX MPO IN then you can access the Flagship Lounge in ORD. This is the international F Class lounge and is much better than the normal AC. I assume you mean whether you can access the lounge the next day when you take the 1248.
Yes.

I'm not sure how AA matches status on domestic segments and the 'Lounge Access' table on their website was more confusing than informative.
Old Jul 1, 2008, 6:00 am
Suspended

Yes.

I'm not sure how AA matches status on domestic segments and the 'Lounge Access' table on their website was more confusing than informative.

the Oneworld Access rules apply. Therefore as you are Oneworl EMD with CX IN, then you get to use the F Class lounge no matter what class you travel in.

However do note that for AAdvantage members, NO lounge access is permitted on domestic itinearies except on First Class Transcon (and only on specific booking class.

If you have no status then = no lounge access even in F Class for domestic US flights (except that transcon rule above).
Old Jul 1, 2008, 6:00 am

Programs: AA GLD, soon-to-be PLT in 2 weeks!
I have not learnt anything about FEBO. Can you taught me what it is?

As far as good seats for the flights, check out seatguru.com and seatexpert.com.
Old Jul 1, 2008, 6:04 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by 777-DCA
I have not learnt anything about FEBO. Can you taught me what it is?

As far as good seats for the flights, check out seatguru.com and seatexpert.com.
Front Even Back Odd.

If flight no is Even, they serve food from the front and vv. However don't know whether they start left or right.
Old Jul 1, 2008, 6:06 am

Programs: AA GLD, soon-to-be PLT in 2 weeks!
Front Even Back Odd.

If flight no is Even, they serve food from the front and vv. However don't know whether they start left or right.
Ah. But I was commenting more on the word "learnt" than FEBO itself.
Old Jul 1, 2008, 6:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Front Even Back Odd.

Not really. FEBO relates to taking orders not service. Use FEBO for the best chance of being able to get your first choice meal, simply pick a seat near the front if you want to eat first as the majority of the time, meals are served from front to back.
Old Jul 1, 2008, 7:04 am

I thought technically you're only allowed access on the same day as your international flight, and if they allow you in the next day (as has happened to me), it's only because they're being nice.
Old Jul 1, 2008, 7:46 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt, Hertz President's Circle, Virgin Atlantic Flying Club Gold
I have an upcoming flight itinerary that is JFK-MIA at 7pm and then MIA-GUA the next day at 8am. Will I have access to the FL at JFK the night before my international flight? It is all part of one itinerary.
Old Jul 1, 2008, 7:53 am
In Memoriam

Programs: aa exp - spg gold - Hyatt Diamond - HH Gold
Originally Posted by UserMark
I thought technically you're only allowed access on the same day as your international flight, and if they allow you in the next day (as has happened to me), it's only because they're being nice.
That has also been my experience as an EXP. The OP has MPC Invitation in his profile so different rules apply.
Old Jul 1, 2008, 7:54 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliį & HH & Marriott Gold
I was commenting more on the word "learnt"
Nothing wrong with "learnt" on an international board.
Old Jul 1, 2008, 9:48 am
Original Poster

the Oneworld Access rules apply. Therefore as you are Oneworl EMD with CX IN, then you get to use the F Class lounge no matter what class you travel in.
That's what I needed to hear, thanks! ^
Old Jul 1, 2008, 9:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IMH
Nothing wrong with "learnt" on an international board.
Let's hope that 777-DCA will consider this a good lesson learnt.
Old Jul 1, 2008, 10:26 am

Programs: EXP AA 5.7MM, Diamond HHonors, a bit of Marriott, a bit of United, a bit of this and that
Ah. But I was commenting more on the word "learnt" than FEBO itself.
learned--learnt: same difference

From a quick dictionary search: "American Heritage Dictionary - Cite This Source - Share This
learn Audio Help (lūrn) Pronunciation Key
v. learned also learnt (lūrnt), learn·ing, learns"

My big hard copy of the AHD gives no usage note that would indicate a particular preference.

If the adjective is meant ("learned"), big difference.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.