Release of D Class inventory

Old Jun 28, 08, 5:43 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Release of D Class inventory

per my post a week back, I still haven't got my D Class booking confirmed from JFK-BGI in Dec.

Just wondering are there any way I can expedite this process? There should be seats and I think AA is just blocking the inventory to all Carribean destinations in Mid Dec.
Old Jun 28, 08, 7:31 am

Programs: AA EXP
This is just revenue management in action.

If they believe they can sell the seats as J why would they release seats to the D bucket?
Old Jun 28, 08, 7:45 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, AS 75K Gold MVP, and some hotel stuff...
Originally Posted by IHEARTNY1 View Post
Just wondering are there any way I can expedite this process?
You don't have your status listed, but that plays a role in expediting such processes. As EXP, for example, I was able to get them to make T (MileSAAver award) inventory available on a route that only had AAnytime availability, making awards of 50K each drop to 25K (and then to 17K with Citibank mileage savings). But status helped in that process.

Cheers.
Old Jun 28, 08, 12:00 pm

per my post a week back, I still haven't got my D Class booking confirmed from JFK-BGI in Dec.

Just wondering are there any way I can expedite this process? There should be seats and I think AA is just blocking the inventory to all Carribean destinations in Mid Dec.
There is no reliable way to expedite the process. My guess is that you will not see anything open until a day or two before the flight and only if it is wide open.
Old Jun 28, 08, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 5MM; BA GLD
If you have another follow up question, ask it in the same thread rather than starting a new one.
Old Jul 2, 08, 2:48 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Just wondering should I call up AA in NRT and see whether they can ask Yield Management to open up D Class inventory as my waitlist booking is expiring soon. The cabin is still wide open.
Old Jul 2, 08, 3:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP
The Flight is in Dec, of course the cabin is still wide open.

As BRP mentioned, you've not listed your status, there is an outside chance if you are EXP that you might get some help but to be honest this far out they are not going to rush to release D inventory.
Old Jul 2, 08, 3:30 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mark_T View Post
The Flight is in Dec, of course the cabin is still wide open.

As BRP mentioned, you've not listed your status, there is an outside chance if you are EXP that you might get some help but to be honest this far out they are not going to rush to release D inventory.
I am Oneworld EMD with CX.

My ticket deadline is in around 2 weeks time and looks like I might have to find an alternate destination.
Old Jul 2, 08, 3:37 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, AS 75K Gold MVP, and some hotel stuff...
I am Oneworld EMD with CX.

My ticket deadline is in around 2 weeks time and looks like I might have to find an alternate destination.
Other members of OW (and CX are particularly good about this) recognize OW status and help those with status even if not from their own airline. From what I've read, AA are not very good about this. So Emerald via CX is not going to mean much to the agents, unfortunately. Even AA EXP would have a difficult time getting inventory opened this far out. Non-AA status will be that much more difficult.

Cheers.
Old Jul 2, 08, 3:56 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by brp View Post
Other members of OW (and CX are particularly good about this) recognize OW status and help those with status even if not from their own airline. From what I've read, AA are not very good about this. So Emerald via CX is not going to mean much to the agents, unfortunately. Even AA EXP would have a difficult time getting inventory opened this far out. Non-AA status will be that much more difficult.

Cheers.
Thanks.

So might have to head to MIA instead.

Doesn't look like there are other destinations to choose from.
Old Jul 2, 08, 4:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
I have enjoyed some of that 'recognition' with CX, but the idea that status with another airline should lead to booking in a cheaper fare bucket strikes me as ludicrous. Those cheaper fares are withheld for a reason.
Old Jul 2, 08, 4:46 pm
tt7

Can you define "mid Dec"?

I must admit, I hadn't a clue where BGI is, so had to look it up - Barbados. Probably a super-premium destination for Christmas. That said, there's D availability every day Dec 1 - Dec 13, on Dec 15 and 16 and Dec 30 and 31 - just nothing around Christmas.

Search this Thread