FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   Brand new flight cuts..... :( (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/838850-brand-new-flight-cuts.html)

more777sneeded Jun 26, 2008 12:56 pm

Brand new flight cuts..... :(

http://www.star-telegram.com/804/story/724158.html

lurcher Jun 26, 2008 1:11 pm

More island connections through crappy MIA instead of SJU - (6) flights taken out - ouch!

HNL Jun 26, 2008 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by lurcher (Post 9943136)
More island connections through crappy MIA instead of SJU - (6) flights taken out - ouch!

That has to be a typo as there are currently 3 flights a day from DFW-SJU.

GTITAN Jun 26, 2008 1:32 pm

Interested to see that Upstate NY will be cut off from DFW as I am originally from ROC. Mind you, its a long way from ROC to DFW on a CRJ700, and if truth be told, Upstate NY is not exactly an AA priority, but that is what it is. Cannot be every place and every where. Luckily AA is pretty good in CLT;).

Safe travels.

chsb Jun 26, 2008 2:05 pm

When do we get ORD cuts?

brp Jun 26, 2008 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by chsb (Post 9943422)
When do we get ORD cuts?

Here

Cheers.

DillMan Jun 26, 2008 2:45 pm

From the star-telegram article:

The airline will operate 738 flights from D/FW in November,
Wow, that is a huge cut. That's less than 25 flights a day. :D

I guess those who called the ACT and CLL cuts were right on the money. Makes me sad as it will mean driving to games instead of flying in to CLL now.

moldavian Jun 26, 2008 7:18 pm

They just started DFW-San Salvador... now it's getting cut

sharklover Jun 26, 2008 7:34 pm

Surely it is 738 flights a day and not a month? I thought AA has 3,000 flights a day. Am I wrong?

docr775 Jun 26, 2008 8:04 pm

If you add the daily flights for both AA and AE listed in the article you come up with 421 flights. So I guess that is 738 flights a day.

aamilesslave Jun 26, 2008 9:52 pm

Originally Posted by sharklover (Post 9944939)
Surely it is 738 flights a day and not a month? I thought AA has 3,000 flights a day. Am I wrong?

Well, we are referencing the StartleGram as a source here...

JumboD Jun 26, 2008 9:58 pm

Originally Posted by HNL (Post 9943221)
That has to be a typo as there are currently 3 flights a day from DFW-SJU.

I think what s/he meant is that they are cutting SJU-island routes, meaning you have to go via MIA to get to the islands, not that you can't get to SJU via other cities.

MAH4546 Jun 26, 2008 10:32 pm

All the cut routes are here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=828002

On the net...

DFW: -5 routes
LAX: -1 route
LGA: -8 routes
MIA: +1 route
ORD: -10 routes
RDU: -4 routes
STL: -4 routes

MAH4546 Jun 26, 2008 10:35 pm

Originally Posted by JumboD (Post 9945456)
I think what s/he meant is that they are cutting SJU-island routes, meaning you have to go via MIA to get to the islands, not that you can't get to SJU via other cities.

Only two SJU-Island routes are gone; Aruba and Samana.

However, it does appear as if SJU-FDF/PTP will be discontinued as well, replaced with MIA-FDF/PTP, but this is not yet confirmed.

SJOGuy Jun 26, 2008 10:45 pm

According to the article, DFW-SJO (always my preferred way to get to and from Costa Rica, so much more sane than via MIA, and my upgrades almost always clear) is facing cuts. It's not clear though. The chart says the route will be cut by "two flights weekly" leaving it with a frequency of "one flight daily." But one flight daily is all that exists now. I guess I'll find out late this fall.

MAH4546 Jun 26, 2008 10:54 pm

Originally Posted by SJOGuy (Post 9945590)
According to the article, DFW-SJO (always my preferred way to get to and from Costa Rica, so much more sane than via MIA, and my upgrades almost always clear) is facing cuts. It's not clear though. The chart says the route will be cut by "two flights weekly" leaving it with a frequency of "one flight daily." But one flight daily is all that exists now. I guess I'll find out late this fall.

It is a comparison of the winter 2007 schedule to the winter 2008 schedule. Last winter there were two extra weekend flights.

SJO will have six daily flights this winter; three to MIA and one each to DFW, FLL, and LAX.

njmcgreg Jun 27, 2008 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by SJOGuy (Post 9945590)

It really is a great route. I sure hope it doesn't get cut. :(

SJOGuy Jun 27, 2008 9:41 pm

Thank you for the clarification, MAH4546.

Yes, I do love the route too, njmcgreg.

twoaisleplane Jun 29, 2008 11:05 pm

Originally Posted by MAH4546 (Post 9945618)

SJO will have six daily flights this winter; three to MIA and one each to DFW, FLL, and LAX.

Can I ask where you are seeing info on an SJO-LAX flight? I thought that non-stop was discontinued for good earlier in the year.

Robt760 Jun 29, 2008 11:33 pm

Originally Posted by twoaisleplane (Post 9958144)
Can I ask where you are seeing info on an SJO-LAX flight? I thought that non-stop was discontinued for good earlier in the year.

IIRC, this flight is seasonal from about November until April. LAX-SJO is a red-eye, SJO-LAX is a morning flight.

twoaisleplane Jun 30, 2008 9:41 am

Originally Posted by Robt760 (Post 9958206)
IIRC, this flight is seasonal from about November until April. LAX-SJO is a red-eye, SJO-LAX is a morning flight.

I can't find the nonstop on the aa.com schedule, but maybe we are too far out for it to be bookable?

s80dude Jun 30, 2008 10:08 am

I did a search in RES, and the flight is not there for December. I am guessing LAX-SJO is not going to be in the system this winter because it would have been loaded by now.

Robt760 Feb 19, 2009 2:08 am

Originally Posted by s80dude (Post 9960138)
I did a search in RES, and the flight is not there for December. I am guessing LAX-SJO is not going to be in the system this winter because it would have been loaded by now.

Does anybody know if this was a temporary cut, or will it come back? Any form of news appreciated.