Brand new flight cuts..... :(

Old Jun 26, 08, 10:54 pm

Programs: AAdvantage PLAT
Originally Posted by SJOGuy View Post
According to the article, DFW-SJO (always my preferred way to get to and from Costa Rica, so much more sane than via MIA, and my upgrades almost always clear) is facing cuts. It's not clear though. The chart says the route will be cut by "two flights weekly" leaving it with a frequency of "one flight daily." But one flight daily is all that exists now. I guess I'll find out late this fall.
It is a comparison of the winter 2007 schedule to the winter 2008 schedule. Last winter there were two extra weekend flights.

SJO will have six daily flights this winter; three to MIA and one each to DFW, FLL, and LAX.
Old Jun 27, 08, 9:20 pm

Programs: UA 2P, DL FO, CX Gold, RC Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, National Exec Elite, Avis PC
Originally Posted by SJOGuy View Post
According to the article, DFW-SJO (always my preferred way to get to and from Costa Rica, so much more sane than via MIA, and my upgrades almost always clear) is facing cuts. It's not clear though. The chart says the route will be cut by "two flights weekly" leaving it with a frequency of "one flight daily." But one flight daily is all that exists now. I guess I'll find out late this fall.
It really is a great route. I sure hope it doesn't get cut.
Old Jun 27, 08, 9:41 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum
Thank you for the clarification, MAH4546.

Yes, I do love the route too, njmcgreg.
Old Jun 29, 08, 11:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K; AA Exec Plat; DL Silver
Originally Posted by MAH4546 View Post

SJO will have six daily flights this winter; three to MIA and one each to DFW, FLL, and LAX.
Can I ask where you are seeing info on an SJO-LAX flight? I thought that non-stop was discontinued for good earlier in the year.
Old Jun 29, 08, 11:33 pm

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by twoaisleplane View Post
Can I ask where you are seeing info on an SJO-LAX flight? I thought that non-stop was discontinued for good earlier in the year.
IIRC, this flight is seasonal from about November until April. LAX-SJO is a red-eye, SJO-LAX is a morning flight.
Old Jun 30, 08, 9:41 am

Programs: UA 1K; AA Exec Plat; DL Silver
Originally Posted by Robt760 View Post
IIRC, this flight is seasonal from about November until April. LAX-SJO is a red-eye, SJO-LAX is a morning flight.
I can't find the nonstop on the aa.com schedule, but maybe we are too far out for it to be bookable?
Old Jun 30, 08, 10:08 am

Programs: Mediocre AA Stew
I did a search in RES, and the flight is not there for December. I am guessing LAX-SJO is not going to be in the system this winter because it would have been loaded by now.
Old Feb 19, 09, 2:08 am

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by s80dude View Post
I did a search in RES, and the flight is not there for December. I am guessing LAX-SJO is not going to be in the system this winter because it would have been loaded by now.
Does anybody know if this was a temporary cut, or will it come back? Any form of news appreciated.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: