FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   62 flights to be cut at ORD (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/838496-62-flights-cut-ord.html)

beachfan Jun 26, 2008 12:44 am

Originally Posted by JumboD (Post 9939903)
"Ladies and gentlemen, pardon the delay of flight xxx from Chicago to YYY, the captain is busy stupfing his sister in the pilots' briefing room. We appreciate your patience."

I think that should be "shtupping his sister in the pilot's briefing room".

Cheers
Beachfan

NYC1K Jun 26, 2008 8:34 am

Originally Posted by Copilot23 (Post 9938722)
What a waste of time. I was hoping on getting some extensive info on what specific flights were being cut, and instead I read a thread on the tech support of spellcheck. Where's the moderators when you need them.

Anybody have a lead on specific flight cuts at ORD other than what was in the Trib article?

ROFL!!! :D:D:D

NYC1K Jun 26, 2008 8:37 am

Originally Posted by brp (Post 9939689)
I think that should be where're the moderators when you need them :)

Cheers.

You AA FT'ers are something else. I will try and keep my fingers glued to my face next time.

Ps: Maybe I should have used the word (I'd instead of I will or I'll) :(:(

greggwiggins Jun 26, 2008 8:38 am

Originally Posted by beachfan (Post 9939942)
I think that should be "shtupping his sister in the pilot's briefing room".

Cheers
Beachfan

You do what you do with his sister, he'll do what he does with his sister.:D

ACBLtd Jun 26, 2008 9:28 am

give credit where credit is due

Clearly the poster intended 'incesstuous' as a portmanteau of 'incessant' and 'incestuous': i.e. "unending delays due to constant or repeated fooling around with family members".

It was obviously an intentional sniglet. Please don't misunderestimate the quality of FT posts or we will loose focus of the real issues here.

KD5MDK Jun 26, 2008 9:41 am

With all these relevations about ORD delays, suddenly DFW seems a lot better.

MiamiAirport Formerly NY George Jun 26, 2008 11:33 am

The number of flights being scrubbed out of DFW/ORD/LGA are very small compared to overall number and will mean less a flight here and there. Not really a big impact at either three of the airports. Possibly, it will mean a longer connection time at a hub.

Analysts are saying that AA will need to cut capacity even more.

aspex Jun 30, 2008 10:25 am

Originally Posted by NYC1K (Post 9937700)
Thanks for the catch. I wish there was a spell check button to use on FT for the "Webster" freaks.

Firefox provides a spell checker in input windows on just about every site I access.

NYC1K Jun 30, 2008 10:44 am

Originally Posted by aspex (Post 9960244)
Firefox provides a spell checker in input windows on just about every site I access.

I don't use Firefox and I'm not about to use it because of FT.

NEXT!!!!

brp Jun 30, 2008 10:49 am

Originally Posted by NYC1K (Post 9960328)
I don't use Firefox and I'm not about to use it because of FT.

NEXT!!!!

Ah, but there are many reasons to use Firefox, this being the least of them. Certainly don't let FT be a reason to use it. Let the Zen of Mozilla and the conquest of the Evil Software Empire be your guide to the wonders of Firefox :)

(Seriously, though, it really is a topnotch browsing experience.)

Cheers.

NYC1K Jun 30, 2008 10:56 am

Originally Posted by brp (Post 9960364)
Ah, but there are many reasons to use Firefox, this being the least of them. Certainly don't let FT be a reason to use it. Let the Zen of Mozilla and the conquest of the Evil Software Empire be your guide to the wonders of Firefox :)

(Seriously, though, it really is a topnotch browsing experience.)

Cheers.

I used it once and it crashed my system. I think I blame MS for that because only WE can work on my computer. I have not tried to download the new version since I got a new laptop. I don't want to jinx myself again.

^

myleguy Jun 30, 2008 2:52 pm

Here's a little info: just received a schedule change notice for an award trip in November. Looked into the changes and it appears that DEN-ORD is going down to 4x daily from 5.

Danwriter Feb 20, 2009 8:13 am

Originally Posted by NYC1K (Post 9937616)
GOOD!! That should help with the incesstuous delays at ORD. Now only if UA will do likewise. ^

Maybe it is incestuous. Been hearing a lot of banging metal at the end of H and K concourses at night lately.