BusinessExtrAA question?

Old Jun 22, 2008, 9:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
BusinessExtrAA question?

Dear AA experts:

Can anybody use BusinessExtrAA or do you have to be a business?

If I sign up for a BusinessExtrAA account, and keep giving that number on the tickets I buy for myself and family, is that allowed and what are the benefits?

IOW, do I get some extra miles that accumulate in another account?

Can they be combined with the miles in my personal account?

Thanks!
Old Jun 22, 2008, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by aktchi
Dear AA experts:

If I sign up for a BusinessExtrAA account, and keep giving that number on the tickets I buy for myself and family, is that allowed and what are the benefits?

Thanks!
The benefits are described on businessextraa.com website.
The program is foir small businesses.
If your business meets the requirements (also on the website), then you can sign up.
Old Jun 22, 2008, 11:31 am

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Dear AA experts:

Thanks!
u dont get miles, u get points based on the total money u spend with AA. there are promos all the time too. as stated above my post, go to their site
Old Jun 22, 2008, 4:16 pm

Programs: AA; Marriott; SPG; HH
Dear AA experts:

Thanks!
As a small business owner, I have a business extraa account. From what I understand, you have to be a business owner to have an account. Of course, you can give out the code to people to use when making reservations. I've found that the business extra desk does provide more travel help than the standard advantage desk - this was before I became plt/exp. Whenever someone purchases a ticket using your number, you get points added to your account which can be used for tickets and upgrades for domestic and international flights as well as AC access, and advantage gold status.

The points do not have a direct correlation to miles, so they can not be combined with the miles in your advantage account.
Old Jun 22, 2008, 5:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
Thank you all. I think we might qualify, but the program's utility in my present situation will be marginal at best. Still, good to know about it and keep it in mind.
Old Jun 22, 2008, 7:36 pm

Thank you all. I think we might qualify, but the program's utility in my present situation will be marginal at best. Still, good to know about it and keep it in mind.
I collect the points and trade them for AC memberships and Gold status for my spouse. I find it very useful, sometimes more useful than the PLAT help line.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.