Admirals Club access for Plat on int'l itin - 2 guests allowd?

Old Jun 20, 08, 2:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Admirals Club access for Plat on int'l itin - 2 guests allowd?

As an AA Plat, I know that I can use the AC on same-day int'l itin, regardless of class of service flown, and I'm also allowed 1 guest. (this is what aa.com shows)

However, an SFO AC person said that I was allowed 2 guests in that situation.

I'm 99% sure she's wrong, but figured I'd ask you folks. Will the AC guards actually allow a 2nd guest if you ask?
Old Jun 20, 08, 2:54 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, AS 75K Gold MVP, and some hotel stuff...
Information is, not surprisingly, on aa.com:

https://www.aa.com/aa/i18nForward.do...ungeAccess.jsp

As to whether an individual agent will let you break the rules...no way to answer that.

Cheers.
Old Jun 20, 08, 3:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by brp View Post
As to whether an individual agent will let you break the rules...no way to answer that.
Any EXP/PLTs actually have any experience/luck with a 2nd guest?

Here's the story about why I'm asking:
Mrs Oneant and I are flying on vacation with her sister. Sis is coming in from DEN and will be at DFW waiting with us for a while. If I need to buy a day pass, I want to do it ahead of time so neither of them know about the cost--doing it the day of travel, if I couldn't luck-in a 2nd guest, would not work. Sis would balk at the $50 (so would Mrs. Oneant if I offered to pay it), then Mrs. Oneant would say "I'll go wait with her in the terminal so she's not alone," while I then wrestled with the decision of staying put and enjoying the lounge or being nice and hanging out with them. This is all selfishly motivated.

You know, typing all this says that I should just buy the day pass and be done with it.

Last edited by oneant; Jun 20, 08 at 3:15 pm
Old Jun 20, 08, 3:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by brp View Post
Information is, not surprisingly, on aa.com:
Even less surprising than normal since the OP already mentioned aa.com in their post

Tempting as it may be to point out to people the right place to look this wasn't a post that needed it.

Personally I've never tried to ask for more than the rules allow but I've seen other comments along the lines that if it is quiet you are more likely to get some flexibility than when it is busy for obvious reasons.
Old Jun 20, 08, 3:05 pm

You may be able to find a sympathetic solo traveler with AC access who is willing to "guest" in your extra person.
Old Jun 20, 08, 3:08 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by oneant View Post
Anyone EXP/PLTs actually have any experience/luck with a 2nd guest?

As an EXP I've been told my second guest (my 5 year old son) was not permitted, but they woud make an exception this time. I was traveling with my wife at the time so there were three of us.

We were visting the FL at the time, but the same constraints apply to the AC.

Had I been visting the AC I would not have had the problem as I am a member and all my immediate family members are allowed as guests.
Old Jun 20, 08, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by oneant View Post
Any EXP/PLTs actually have any experience/luck with a 2nd guest?
Yes.
Old Jun 20, 08, 3:16 pm
Moderator: Cathay Pacific Asia Miles and Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Originally Posted by bdemaria View Post
Yes.
All adults?
Old Jun 20, 08, 3:23 pm

Programs: Top Tiers for 2013 AA, MR, PC Thanks FT!
I can't quite figure out from the linked page whether a PLT traveling on an international economy award has the lounge access with one guest. Could someone please just clarify this for me? Thanks!
Old Jun 20, 08, 3:25 pm

Programs: AA 1.3 MM/LT Gold
Originally Posted by dalm View Post
I can't quite figure out from the linked page whether a PLT traveling on an international economy award has the lounge access with one guest. Could someone please just clarify this for me? Thanks!
Yes, you'll be allowed in with 1 guest. It would be based on your status - paid or award ticket.
Old Jun 20, 08, 3:37 pm

Programs: American EXP
Originally Posted by HNL View Post
As an EXP I've been told my second guest (my 5 year old son) was not permitted, but they woud make an exception this time. I was traveling with my wife at the time so there were three of us.

We were visting the FL at the time, but the same constraints apply to the AC.
In my experience Fl's are vastly different from the AC with the ONE guest rule firmly adhered to. It is a big exception to admit a 3rd person as membership or day pass doesn't admit someone - only class of service with qualifying destination or One World Emerald status and destination. I've also experienced the exception - and also had a 3rd person turned away.

AC's found them vastly different even in the same club depending on shift. The pass is the only sure way.

Enjoy your trip
Old Jun 20, 08, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by cxfan1960 View Post
All adults?
Yes, it was a while ago. I'm an EXP + A/C member so I have multiple avenues of club access when traveling internationally.
Old Jun 20, 08, 3:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cordata View Post
You may be able to find a sympathetic solo traveler with AC access who is willing to "guest" in your extra person.
True, but if no one overheard the situation, 1) I'd still be in the situation where sis and my wife now are aware of the cost and hassle and they'd leave, or 2) I'd have to do a reverse ticket-scalping thing and advertise out front for said sympathetic solo pax, which is just plain trashy.

I'll buy the day-pass. I guess there is no substitute for doing things by the book.
Old Jun 20, 08, 4:15 pm
Moderator: Cathay Pacific Asia Miles and Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Originally Posted by bdemaria View Post
Yes, it was a while ago. I'm an EXP + A/C member so I have multiple avenues of club access when traveling internationally.
I see. That clarifies.
Old Jun 20, 08, 7:33 pm

Programs: Top Tiers for 2013 AA, MR, PC Thanks FT!
Thanks for the clarification regarding award vs. paid tickets.

Search this Thread