FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   AA Promo Code (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/836041-aa-promo-code.html)

terifain Jun 18, 2008 8:16 pm

AA Promo Code

Does anyone out there know the promotional code needed to gain additional miles?
Teri

KD5MDK Jun 18, 2008 8:23 pm

Platinum

ricktoronto Jun 18, 2008 8:37 pm

Classic first newbie post. Won't see her again.

terifain Jun 18, 2008 8:50 pm

Promo Code - Newbie...

AADER was the promo code that I found. But that has expired. I am sorry I am a newbie, but I have to learn the ropes sometime. I hope others are more helpful tha Rick from Toronto. Is there a new code? Is is platinum?
Teri

brp Jun 18, 2008 9:02 pm

Sorry, expired. And I think ricktoronto's point is that people learn by reading here. There's plenty of information to "learn the ropes" from.

Cheers.

Pit Jun 18, 2008 9:03 pm

Try this

tinkybelle Jun 18, 2008 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by terifain (Post 9902934)
AADER was the promo code that I found. But that has expired. I am sorry I am a newbie, but I have to learn the ropes sometime. I hope others are more helpful tha Rick from Toronto. Is there a new code? Is is platinum?
Teri

I think you may learn to have a bit of a laugh at yourself and others here. there is no room for thick skin:cool:
No matter how much I know I learn every day from this lot!^
welcome to FT!

terifain Jun 18, 2008 9:32 pm

I did go there but it still asks for the promotional code???

mvoight Jun 18, 2008 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by terifain (Post 9903117)
I did go there but it still asks for the promotional code???

If you look to the left of the place where you put in a promo code, it lists bonus offers, under "Airline Offers"

ty97 Jun 19, 2008 6:08 am

Teri

There is no AADER replacement. That was a limited time promotion. There are other promotions, as folks have said, but none nearly as good or broad as AADER.

KD5MDK Jun 19, 2008 7:12 am

Teri

AADER will probably not be replaced this year. It is rumored here that it was intended as compensation to AA fliers inconvenienced by the MD80 groundings in March and April. Then all the other airlines ran Double Elite Miles bonuses to avoid having their fliers jump ship to AA.

It's entirely possible that AADER will not be replicated for a number of years, and we who participated can act like grizzled veterans of some historic event for a long time.

As far as Platinum, it was a joke. Platinum members of AAdvantage receive a 100% bonus of redeemable miles for all their flights, so while it isn't a promo code, it is the fastest way to earn miles. Note that AADER miles were EQMs, which only count for elite qualification and cannot be spent on tickets or count towards lifetime status.

aaupgrade Jun 19, 2008 7:30 am

Teri

No there is no new code at the present time. As mentioned in an earlier post, the best place to find a list of promo codes is on aa.com at the link provided in that post. Also if another promo does come up, no doubt there will be a new thread here on FT alerting others to it.

Most of us, when we found FT, lurked a while before we ventured into posting. Yes, one must have a sense of humor to a certain extent. Consider it initiation.

BTW, as eluded by the previous poster AADER earned double Elite Qualifying Miles (EQM) which are quite different from Redeemable Miles. Double EQMs resulted in any flights take for the few months up until June 15 to earn double miles toward ones Elite Qualification; but NOT double Redeemable Miles. So for an IAD-LAX flight that is 2288 miles, I would earn 4576 EQM but still only earn 2288 miles that I could use toward awards. So in the case of AADER, I don't think it was quite what you thought it was. As you have probably already discovered if you have done any flying at all, the FF program rules, additional fees, fares, etc. are quite complex, and vary widely from one airline to another. Welcome to FT, and I am sure will gain much insight in the months and years to come.

ricktoronto Jun 19, 2008 7:32 am

Originally Posted by brp (Post 9902994)
Sorry, expired. And I think ricktoronto's point is that people learn by reading here. There's plenty of information to "learn the ropes" from.

Cheers.

My point was even searching (she must have searched to get here) she would have found a plethora of identical one time same topic posts - new, free, etc.

Same with the Yabbo to Cabo - dudes need discounts. We need a sticky for "First Time Posters Only Wanting Something Free - Too Lazy to Look or Read".

Read , search then ask is not a lot to suggest.