Don't use BA.com to check JL award availability.

Old Jun 7, 08, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA 1M
Don't use BA.com to check JL award availability.

Was surprised to see a lot of flights being available for AA members but not BA. Also thanks to Verizon messing my internet connection because of which i thot of calling AA.
Old Jun 7, 08, 3:15 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Huh?
Old Jun 7, 08, 5:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HNL View Post
Huh?
many here myself incl use ba.com to check for award availability on 1W partners. most of the time the availaility on ba.com is exactly what AA has on other partners. today i noticed that there were two exceptions JL & South Africa's BA Comair.
Old Jun 9, 08, 11:38 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by UA Fan View Post
many here myself incl use ba.com to check for award availability on 1W partners. most of the time the availaility on ba.com is exactly what AA has on other partners. today i noticed that there were two exceptions JL & South Africa's BA Comair.
I did a few search on CX. ba.com showed J was available but when I called AA, nothing was available. I guess it's not that accurate.
Old Jun 9, 08, 11:49 am
BLG

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, BA Lifetime Blue, Marriott Gold, and many others
A few days ago I was using BA.com to search for CX. It gave me nothing but various BA connections through LHR (I was giving it LAX-BKK). Was it the site, or am I missing something about how to use it? Is there a way to narrow the search to your favored partner airline? If so, I couldn't figure it out (yes, I am a BAEC member). Thanks.
Old Jun 9, 08, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BLG View Post
A few days ago I was using BA.com to search for CX. It gave me nothing but various BA connections through LHR (I was giving it LAX-BKK). Was it the site, or am I missing something about how to use it? Is there a way to narrow the search to your favored partner airline? If so, I couldn't figure it out (yes, I am a BAEC member). Thanks.
It may be trickier LAX-BKK. When I was searching for LAX-HKG, I specified that I wanted no stops (as that's what a CX flight would give me), to which BA.com would tell me BA has no such flights and give me an "include partners" button. So you have to get to the "include partners" button, but I'm not sure at what point it comes up on a flight that BA can fulfill with the same number of stops.
Old Jun 9, 08, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

also try to make searches as simple as possible, point to point.
Old Jun 9, 08, 12:43 pm
BLG

Originally Posted by sdsearch View Post
It may be trickier LAX-BKK. When I was searching for LAX-HKG, I specified that I wanted no stops (as that's what a CX flight would give me), to which BA.com would tell me BA has no such flights and give me an "include partners" button. So you have to get to the "include partners" button, but I'm not sure at what point it comes up on a flight that BA can fulfill with the same number of stops.
Thanks, I don't think I specified "no stops" but I had gotten to the include partners button. I'll try again. I wonder what it's going to take for AA to an engine on their own site that searches partner award availability.
Old Jun 9, 08, 12:57 pm

Programs: AA GLD .25MM, CO, UA, US, DL, HH, SPG (all cardboard)
Probably code not written in COBAL.
Old Jun 9, 08, 1:00 pm
BLG

Originally Posted by KD5MDK View Post
Probably code not written in COBAL.
LOL!
Old Jun 9, 08, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BLG View Post
I wonder what it's going to take for AA to an engine on their own site that searches partner award availability.
maybe competition from other American carriers. They should at least allow stopover/open jaws on AA awards online.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: