FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   Gate Change at JFK: "Flight 1847 to DFW will now depart from LGA" (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/830797-gate-change-jfk-flight-1847-dfw-will-now-depart-lga.html)

cstead Jun 4, 2008 3:56 am

Gate Change at JFK: "Flight 1847 to DFW will now depart from LGA"

I just stepped off of an early AA10 to hear speakers in the terminal blasting this one. Sure enough, the 7:50am JFK-DFW has had a "gate change", and is now departing from LGA. There were quite a few puzzled looks from pax and staff alike, but they all seemed to be taking it in stride. I suppose in better days, that plane would have been ferried over here, instead of pax going to it. At least they're providing a bus, but I don't know how those who would normally show up at 645 or 7 are going to make it

Joka Jun 4, 2008 4:28 am

Thats quite a gate change :)

ty97 Jun 4, 2008 5:56 am

This is amusing. :cool:

It also makes for a very interesting flight status on aa.com.

UncleDude Jun 4, 2008 5:59 am

Originally Posted by ty97 (Post 9824156)
This is amusing. :cool:

It also makes for a very interesting flight status on aa.com.

Here's the Status:

AMERICAN AIRLINES - Flight #1847 FLIGHT STATUS - ON TIME

Detailed Flight Information
Carrier City Date Time Terminal Gate Baggage
Claim Flight Status
Notification
Scheduled Estimated Actual

AMERICAN AIRLINES Departing
JFK New York, 06/04/2008 7:50 AM 8 33
Arriving
LGA New York, 06/04/2008 7:50 AM

AMERICAN AIRLINES - Flight #1847 FLIGHT STATUS - DELAYED ARRIVAL

Detailed Flight Information
Carrier City Date Time Terminal Gate Baggage
Claim Flight Status
Notification
Scheduled Estimated Actual

AMERICAN AIRLINES Departing
LGA New York, 06/04/2008 8:40 AM 8:40 AM D3
Arriving
DFW Dallas/ Fort Worth, 06/04/2008 11:05 AM 11:31 AM C C27 C26

KD5MDK Jun 4, 2008 6:56 am

If you were at JFK and took the bus, would you get miles and EQPs for the JFK-LGA leg? (Too bad it isn't a segment.)

swag Jun 4, 2008 6:57 am

Maybe about 15 years ago, I had a morning flight LGA-DFW. When I got to LGA, there was an agent out on the curb asking where folks were heading. When I said DFW, he just said, get on that bus. I assumed the flight was departing from one of the other terminals, but when the bus got onto the Grand Central, I figured something was up...

Sure enough, they had moved the flight to JFK. With the shift, I think we arrived in DFW about an hour or two late.

CO FF Jun 4, 2008 9:01 am

Eventually, I'd love to see the AirTrain run from JFK to Jamaica and on to LGA. It would be neat to have a 30-minute connection between the two. And, if they could set it up to move baggage securely via AirTrain, that would be even better...

diaspora04 Jun 4, 2008 9:29 am

There is a silver lining here, to be sure: a free ride on the fabulous Van Wyck, where there is ALWAYS traffic.

pauleeepaul Jun 7, 2008 2:48 am

Originally Posted by CO FF (Post 9825132)
Eventually, I'd love to see the AirTrain run from JFK to Jamaica and on to LGA. It would be neat to have a 30-minute connection between the two. And, if they could set it up to move baggage securely via AirTrain, that would be even better...

Although I agree with you this would be great I doubt any of us here will live to it come to pass.

chanp Jun 7, 2008 7:46 am

Originally Posted by cstead (Post 9823915)
I just stepped off of an early AA10 to hear speakers in the terminal blasting this one. Sure enough, the 7:50am JFK-DFW has had a "gate change", and is now departing from LGA. There were quite a few puzzled looks from pax and staff alike, but they all seemed to be taking it in stride. I suppose in better days, that plane would have been ferried over here, instead of pax going to it. At least they're providing a bus, but I don't know how those who would normally show up at 645 or 7 are going to make it

well at least they provided transportation. maybe AA called some of the pax and let them know about the change? i had an agent call me and tell me our flight was really delayed and was trying to book me on other flights out of lga

the phoenix Jun 7, 2008 8:58 am

Originally Posted by CO FF (Post 9825132)

Airtrain from Jamaica to JFK and LGA would be ideal. But considering the train concept was alive since the 70's might be another 30yrs

Spiff Jun 7, 2008 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by the phoenix (Post 9841570)
Airtrain from Jamaica to JFK and LGA would be ideal. But considering the train concept was alive since the 70's might be another 30yrs

I use JFK because there's no AirTrain to LGA. :(

(and no more AA at ISP) :( :(

Landing Gear Jun 7, 2008 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by diaspora04 (Post 9825307)
There is a silver lining here, to be sure: a free ride on the fabulous Van Wyck, where there is ALWAYS traffic.

I dispute the color of the lining. :)

Spiff Jun 7, 2008 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by Landing Gear (Post 9842312)
I dispute the color of the lining. :)

The lining appears to be grey... charcoal grey.

throatybeard Jun 8, 2008 10:53 pm

They say nobody has ever beaten the Van Wyck.

nrr Jun 8, 2008 11:15 pm

Originally Posted by throatybeard (Post 9847734)

You might think that the VW should have light traffic (on weekdays) at say 2 am--but in the early morning hours they close several lanes, so even then things are "normal" for the VW.
PS: Sometimes at 10:30 pm the traffic can be light northbound; but then at around 11:00 pm it seems to crawl; I'm guessing (1) maybe workers at the airport duty shift ends, (2) a plane arrives with a lot of rental cars hitting the highway at that hour.

aamilesslave Jun 9, 2008 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by throatybeard (Post 9847734)

True, but Elaine has came as close as anyone ever has.