FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   corporate security - "cleared" ??? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/830640-corporate-security-cleared.html)

Sam - DFW Jun 3, 08 4:28 pm

corporate security - "cleared" ???
 
i was booking a ticket on the phone to fly tomorrow.

i already had a one way reservation on hold from moments before calling, but the agent was in the process of changing the one way to a RT (using the same record locater).

while putting a lot of information into the record and changing my seat(s), the changes she had made (including payment by gift card, payment of the balance on credit card, seating, upgrade request) were dumped.

she said that it had something to do with corporate security and the original reservation being "cleared" by corporate security.

she had to take all the information again.

does anyone have an understanding of what she was referencing?

Joka Jun 3, 08 4:57 pm

Sounds like she hit the "delete" key by accident :confused:

Herb687 Jun 3, 08 5:17 pm

There are PNRs out there with "Cleared by Corporate Security" or something similar to that wording inserted in the Remarks (5H-) field.

What it actually means and why Corporate Security has "cleared" the PNR or passenger I have no idea.

pdog02 Jun 3, 08 5:19 pm

<redacted deleted post quoted>

Maybe ,just maybe she ran into this process, ya think? Instead of dissing the agent (who probably shouldnt have mentioned anything about security)

American Airlines has a 24/7 Security Clearance Center (SCC).

The SCC agents use in house automation to review all passenger PNRs for potential Watch List name matches and similar name matches. PNRs meeting the TSA criteria defined in the above referenced security directions are locked and check-in is inhibited. This prevents a suspect name match passengers from obtaining a boarding pass until they first check-in with an airport agent.



The review process will take approximately 30 seconds, after which the agent should re-display the PNR to verify whether the PNR has been cleared for check-in. If the PNR is clear, the following historical remark is added to the PNR.

5H-/CLEARED BY SCC/CORPORATE SECURITY/001/

SlowTrekker Jun 3, 08 5:24 pm

not worth it....

HNL Jun 3, 08 5:32 pm


Originally Posted by SlowTrekker (Post 9821875)
...and what part of that process would delete an active PNR? Your post only reinforced my previous opinion.


:rolleyes:

mvoight Jun 3, 08 5:48 pm


Originally Posted by Sam - DFW (Post 9821532)
i was booking a ticket on the phone to fly tomorrow.

i already had a one way reservation on hold from moments before calling, but the agent was in the process of changing the one way to a RT (using the same record locater).

while putting a lot of information into the record and changing my seat(s), the changes she had made (including payment by gift card, payment of the balance on credit card, seating, upgrade request) were dumped.

she said that it had something to do with corporate security and the original reservation being "cleared" by corporate security.

she had to take all the information again.

does anyone have an understanding of what she was referencing?

It sounds like the complaints about the FA in the other thread worked.
She got a job in ticketing.

SlowTrekker Jun 3, 08 6:03 pm


Originally Posted by mvoight (Post 9821996)
It sounds like the complaints about the FA in the other thread worked.
She got a job in ticketing.

and apparently posts in this thread. ;):D

Originally Posted by pdog02 (Post 9821916)
Read the OP. Where does is state the PNR was deleted? Where does is state the itin was cancelled?

What occurred is that the agent was inputting all the pax provided form of payments and got simultaneous changes from the security center which interrupted her ending the payment transaction.

So she needed to ask for the info again after SCC was out of the PNR, <redacted>

:eek:
{bolding mine}

HNL Jun 3, 08 6:12 pm


Originally Posted by SlowTrekker (Post 9822058)
and apparently posts in this thread. ;):D
:eek:
{bolding mine}

:(:rolleyes:

RChavez Jun 3, 08 11:15 pm

This is a relatively new process since about late April or so. What pdog posted is effectively accurate, though I've seen slightly different variations on the PNR remark.

It has to do with the TSA watch list and the fact that airlines can now handle the verification against it themselves instead of relying on name lists that are distributed by the DHS.

Sam - DFW Jun 5, 08 1:16 pm

as far as anyone knows, does AA internally flag any passengers/AAdvantage accounts such that their travel would be subject to scrutiny by corporate security?

Ross0 Jun 6, 08 10:17 am

Several years ago (but after 9/11) I had major security issues whenever I flew. for some reason, I was never allowed to use online check-in and when I got to airport the ticket agent had to call 'security' or 'someone higher up' to approve and release my reservation. One agent told me that my name may have gotten on some watch list or may have been similar to a name on the watch list. It was a huge pain and only lasted a few months. It didn't happen on EVERY flight, but for a few month period I say it happened nearly 65% of the time. Very, very strange.

Not sure if this is related.

ricktoronto Jun 6, 08 11:36 am


Originally Posted by RChavez (Post 9823382)

It has to do with the TSA watch list and the fact that airlines can now handle the verification against it themselves instead of relying on name lists that are distributed by the DHS.

Though an Australian comedy duo had no problem buying tickets and getting BPs and through their version of TSA with tickets in the names of Al Kayder and Terry Wrist.

They also showed up at Sydney airport wearing only underpants and encasing themselves in giant clear plastic bags. No problems there as well.

mvoight Jun 6, 08 11:51 am


Originally Posted by ricktoronto (Post 9837432)
Though an Australian comedy duo had no problem buying tickets and getting BPs and through their version of TSA with tickets in the names of Al Kayder and Terry Wrist.

They also showed up at Sydney airport wearing only underpants and encasing themselves in giant clear plastic bags. No problems there as well.

Why would there be a problem booking a flight with those names?
It would be easy to do in the US

HNL Jun 6, 08 12:05 pm


Originally Posted by mvoight (Post 9837536)
Why would there be a problem booking a flight with those names?
It would be easy to do in the US

Say the names slowly - out lout. :)


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 6:45 pm.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.