Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

2008 Route Cuts / Changes etc.: Check here for updates (consolidated)

2008 Route Cuts / Changes etc.: Check here for updates (consolidated)

Old May 28, 08, 10:16 am

Programs: DL PM; AA 1MM
Originally Posted by mktozd View Post
This is terrible. UA will definetly pick up more passengers on that route.
Since this was one of the first routes cut by AA, I'm guessing they weren't making, and were very probably losing quite a bit of money. They probably welcome loss going to UA.

I can understand people being upset by this route (or any route) being cut. But the comments about "morons" making decisions are over the top since we are not privy to the data that is being used to make these decisions.
Old May 28, 08, 10:46 am

ORD-FCO Cut

Does anyone know when this cut will be reflected in the scheduling? I have tickets for ORD-FCO-ORD in October and have been checking my itenerary for a month or so and haven't seen any changes. Just wondering, because it has been several weeks since I saw on this board that the route was being cut.
Old May 28, 08, 11:02 am

Programs: AA EXP-1MM, SPG Gld, HH Silver, Skymiles, Marriott Silver, Hyatt GP Plat , CO Peon, Hertz 5 Star
Any speculation as to whether or not RDU-LHR will be reduced or eliminated. I realize that the drug companies support this flight but I'm sure before long that has got to get pretty expensive for both the drug companies and for AA. I know my folks took a last minute trip to London last week and went through RDU due to the light loads and a C inventory.
Old May 28, 08, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by bayoubabsy View Post
Does anyone know when this cut will be reflected in the scheduling? I have tickets for ORD-FCO-ORD in October and have been checking my itenerary for a month or so and haven't seen any changes. Just wondering, because it has been several weeks since I saw on this board that the route was being cut.
If I were holding those tickets, I would call AA immediately and ask for clarification.
Old May 28, 08, 11:26 am

Programs: Many, slipping beneath the horizon
Originally Posted by ValiantFlyer View Post
I'm so happy I had a chance to ride in one of these (LAX-SBA) before they're gone.
What a/c type will replace the SAABs on routes like DFW/ACT and other "100 mile" dashes?
Old May 28, 08, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TMOliver View Post
What a/c type will replace the SAABs on routes like DFW/ACT and other "100 mile" dashes?
Super ATRs or RJs. Or nothing, if those planes can't be flown profitably.
Old May 28, 08, 11:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA PLAT 2MM, *A Gold, WN detractor
Originally Posted by TMOliver View Post
A combination of RJ's and ATR's that are being moved out of SJU.
Old May 28, 08, 11:56 am

Programs: AA GLD .25MM, CO, UA, US, DL, HH, SPG (all cardboard)
I wonder if it wouldn't be worth replacing them with hired cars charging $.60/mi...
Old May 28, 08, 12:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage PLAT
Overall service and capacity to Buenos Aires will increase starting in November.

JFK-EZE will have 11 weekly flights; including a daily 772 service and four weekly 763 flights. The upgrade to a 772 and the 763 service are seasonal.

MIA-EZE will have 21 weekly flights; including two daily 772 redeye flights and a daily 772 daylight flight. It has not been decided if the third frequency will run year-round, but it is extremely likely.

Last edited by MAH4546; May 28, 08 at 12:29 pm
Old May 28, 08, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by MAH4546 View Post
Overall service and capacity to Buenos Aires will increase starting in November.

JFK-EZE will have 11 weekly flights; including a daily 772 service and four weekly 763 flights.

MIA-EZE will have 21 weekly flights; including two daily 772 redeye flights and a daily 772 daylight flight.
That's the first good news I've seen in ages! ^ I've been sad ever since they down-gauged JFK back to 763. Good to see a return of F on this route, and an addition to MIA for the times when inevitably I can't get the JFK-EZE.
Old May 28, 08, 12:59 pm

AA from Manchester

Not long ago AA had 3 daily flights from MAN. To MIA, ORD(both 763) and BOS(seasonal in a Coach only 757).

Now there is just the daily ORD flight and it looks like that will drop the Mon and Weds services if the OP's (unconfirmed) notice is correct.

Whenever I take this service there seems to be the same number of uniformed AA staff as when they were handling 3 flights. I can't say I have counted them but I would guess about 10 people??

Surely it can't make economic sense to have that many staff for 5 flights a week???
Old May 28, 08, 1:03 pm

Programs: AA 3MM, PLT
Confusion about HNL/ORD

I just called to check on a couple of flights booked HNL to ORD in the fall and December, and confusion reigns. The PLT agent told me that starting in Sept. 72/73 will operate on Saturdays only, and the EXP agent said he wasn't sure about that since he can still book flights during the week -- so can I online. Does anyone have any more info to add?
Old May 28, 08, 1:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP. HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by alohatoall View Post
I just called to check on a couple of flights booked HNL to ORD in the fall and December, and confusion reigns. The PLT agent told me that starting in Sept. 72/73 will operate on Saturdays only, and the EXP agent said he wasn't sure about that since he can still book flights during the week -- so can I online. Does anyone have any more info to add?
I think I would check back on Sunday and give the new schedules time to load.
Old May 28, 08, 1:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 1 MM, AC, HH Diamond, Marriott Silver, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by KD5MDK View Post
I wonder if it wouldn't be worth replacing them with hired cars charging $.60/mi...
Heh, I'll bet they've still got a lot of buses they were using at DFW before Eagle moved out of the satellite terminal.
Old May 28, 08, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by CO FF View Post
STN ., and how much AA spent to fit out its space there....
How much do a few sheets of drywall cost? You've clearly not taken this flight As much as I've enjoyed my AA STN flights, their temp 'lounge' couldn't have cost much at all, and I believe most of the staff were contracted(was it swissport?). AA was smart going into this market by not over investing until the route proved itself.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: