Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

2008 Route Cuts / Changes etc.: Check here for updates (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2008 Route Cuts / Changes etc.: Check here for updates (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2008, 9:12 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC, Delta PM, SPG Gold
Broken connections from TPA

I've been flying TPA-MIA-PHL in the AM and after Sept. 3, there are no valid connections due to the TPA-MIA flight being pushed back 20 minutes and the MIA-PHL flight pushed up 30 minutes. I wish AA would have more connecting options from TPA but that's the way of the world.
Old Aug 25, 2008, 11:53 am

Programs: United 1K, American EXP & 3 Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist & Marriott Ambassador Elite
Dropping the HNL route is going to push all the premium Hawaii traffic to United. Moreover, for many business travelers who save up for their trip to Hawaii with miles it makes United look a lot more attractive.
Old Jan 2, 2009, 8:15 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, SWA A-list +
DFW-SBA

I have searched but haven't seen it posted. Is American Eagle discontinuing non-stop service from DFW-SBA? I see it loaded in the system all the way up to April 5th. After that all flights are shown as going through LAX.

I called American and the agent confirmed that the non-stop is being eliminated sometime in early April.

Last edited by envgeo; Jan 2, 2009 at 8:49 am
Old Jan 2, 2009, 10:09 am

Programs: AA PLT, SPG PLT, Hyatt Diamond
We also got confirmation the other day. Very disappointing for us as we use that flight a lot and the new schedule for it was particularly convenient. (although it's really quite a long flight to be in that little RJ) My husband sent an email to AA lobbying for it, which I'm sure will do no good but it made him feel better.
Old Jan 2, 2009, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by laurajoyce
We also got confirmation the other day. Very disappointing for us as we use that flight a lot and the new schedule for it was particularly convenient. (although it's really quite a long flight to be in that little RJ) My husband sent an email to AA lobbying for it, which I'm sure will do no good but it made him feel better.
AA does, in fact, read all the letters sent in and have reversed route decisions based on customer feedback. So, I would encourage you to send in a separate letter as well as have any friends or relatives write in.
Old Jan 2, 2009, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by laurajoyce
Letter writing to AA won't do it. More people flying it or a government/business subsidy. So, he should tell the local government how important the flights is and get more people to fly it. If the loads increase by April, they might reconsider. After all, it is all about the money, nothing personal.

Re: FormerAA - Why would they do it based on customer feedback rather than actual sales? If the flight isn't making money, how is letter writing going to make it profitable?

Last edited by mvoight; Jan 2, 2009 at 1:00 pm
Old Jan 2, 2009, 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by GTITAN
If you mean non-stop, then MIA as well. If you mean destinations with connections through the foregoing, then many!. Safe Travels.
I don't think the club is in Jeopardy.it is nice, small and friendly and at a good AA location.
AA feeds premium intenational traffic through MIA, DFW and ORD from ATL.
Old Jan 5, 2009, 3:09 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Someone posted at one time a complete schedule of flights that AA has. I think it was a PDF? It showed all flights from every city, times, #'s etc...
I have looked and looked on AA and searched here and must be totally daff since I can't find it. Can someone post the link please?? Thanks!!
Old Jan 5, 2009, 3:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Gold
Not sure if this is the one that you're looking for
http://www.trvlink.com/download/oneworld/oneworld.pdf

It's under Travel Information, Timetables and Downloads on aa.com
Old Jan 5, 2009, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

http://www.aatimetable.com/aa.pdf
Old Jan 5, 2009, 3:21 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by FWAAA
Thanks, that's the one! I was on the AA timetable page, but still couldn't find it

Thanks to Valiant flyer also!
Old Feb 13, 2009, 8:52 am

I saw on the local news that AA is pulling its SBA-DFW route in April. Never tried the route and I am not sure I could stand to be on a CR7 for that long, but it takes away another option for AA flyers here on the CA Central Coast who still miss AA at SBP. -- Suzanne
Old Feb 13, 2009, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by mvoight
Letter writing to AA won't do it. More people flying it or a government/business subsidy. So, he should tell the local government how important the flights is and get more people to fly it. If the loads increase by April, they might reconsider. After all, it is all about the money, nothing personal.

Re: FormerAA - Why would they do it based on customer feedback rather than actual sales? If the flight isn't making money, how is letter writing going to make it profitable?
Letter writing can, in fact, help. I agree that it won't help if the flight is terribly unprofitable. However, often, AA has to make decisions about allocating planes on marginally profitable routes. In those cases, letters can certainly help and have sometimes led to changes in route decisions. Heck, it costs 42 cents plus a few minutes of time. Why not try it and, at least, let AA know that your community is interested in maintaining the service?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.