Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

2008 Route Cuts / Changes etc.: Check here for updates (consolidated)

2008 Route Cuts / Changes etc.: Check here for updates (consolidated)

Old Jun 24, 08, 9:14 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Wrong forum..sorry

Last edited by britenbsas; Jun 24, 08 at 9:17 pm Reason: Mis-posted
Old Jun 25, 08, 6:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage PLAT
Updated some of the November schedule route cuts; including ones that were not in the PR.
Old Jun 25, 08, 9:26 pm

Programs: Mediocre AA Stew
Of the AA mainline reductions, which cities are seeing reduced frequency. 19 flights (mainline) at DFW doesn't sound like a whole lot.
Old Jun 25, 08, 9:31 pm

Programs: AA PLT/2MM, UA PLT, Inspirato, Wheels Up, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Amex Plat
Here are the details of the DFW cuts (and a few additions)....

http://www.star-telegram.com/business/story/723032.html
Old Jun 25, 08, 10:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, AA EXP 1MM, DL DM 1MM, AS G75K, B6 Mosaic, Marriott Titanium Lftm, Hyatt GLB, Hilton SLVR
RDU flight cuts...

American Eagle to drop 10 RDU flights

American Eagle plans to cut 10 round-trip flights it currently offers at Raleigh-Durham International Airport, spokeswoman Mindy Hamlin said Wednesday.

The commuter carrier, which is owned by AMR Corp. (NYSE: AMR) and is a sister company of American Airlines, plans to cut four flights between RDU and Newark, N.J., and two flights each between RDU and Jacksonville, Fla., Kansas City, Mo., and Louisville, Ky.

http://triangle.bizjournals.com/tria...html?ana=yfcpc
Old Jun 26, 08, 9:47 am

Programs: AA Gold 1MM
I hope there won't be any thinning of the mainline schedules at RDU. They've already been trimmed back over the past few years. Does look like two of the DFW flights are going from Super 80s to 738s in September.
Old Jun 26, 08, 10:44 am

Programs: AAdvantage, Hilton
I didn't go through the whole thread but I also didn't see this listed on the first page.

It appears, starting September 3rd, AA is dropping one of the two non-stops between LAX-EWR. This was never a seasonal route, nor does it appear back in schedule through next year.

LAX-EWR Flight 164 (The afternoon flight)
EWR-LAX Flight 43 (The morning flight)
Old Jun 26, 08, 10:55 am

Programs: AA EXP,2MM, DL Gold,Starwood PLT
Originally Posted by sukn View Post
I didn't go through the whole thread but I also didn't see this listed on the first page.

It appears, starting September 3rd, AA is dropping one of the two non-stops between LAX-EWR. This was never a seasonal route, nor does it appear back in schedule through next year.

LAX-EWR Flight 164 (The afternoon flight)
EWR-LAX Flight 43 (The morning flight)

Noticed this. I'll miss this flight. Guess I'll be going over to JFK more often. Not all bad as the onboard product is much better on the 767.
Old Jun 26, 08, 8:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage PLAT
Updated with the majority of the STL/DFW/LGA/ORD discontinued routes.
Old Jun 26, 08, 9:25 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage and New York City

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Originally Posted by MAH4546 View Post
Routes Discontinues between 01NOV08 and 03NOV08

LaGuardia-Boston
LaGuardia-Washington Reagan
Thanks for the update MAH4546. Wow. Guess my email to AA encouraging them to take advantage of the debacle at US did a whole lot of good. On the bright side, I won't have any worries about my Amtrak miles expiring now.
Old Jun 27, 08, 6:41 am

LGA-BOS & LGA-DCA cuts?

does anyone have details on these cuts? i saw it listed on the first post that LGA-BOS and LGA-DCA are being discontinued? are all flights from LGA to those cities being eliminated? i already have a hard time convincing my girlfriend/friends/coworkers to take AE rather than the delta shuttle, this one could eliminate that issue entirely...
Old Jun 27, 08, 7:48 am

Programs: HH Gold, Marriott Platinum, AA EXP, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by nddomer04 View Post
Here are the details of the DFW cuts (and a few additions)....

http://www.star-telegram.com/business/story/723032.html
Interesting... Looks like LIT is gaining a flight?!?!?
Old Jun 27, 08, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by ethang801 View Post
does anyone have details on these cuts? i saw it listed on the first post that LGA-BOS and LGA-DCA are being discontinued? are all flights from LGA to those cities being eliminated? i already have a hard time convincing my girlfriend/friends/coworkers to take AE rather than the delta shuttle, this one could eliminate that issue entirely...
What details? They are being cut. American Eagle will continue service from JFK-BOS and JFK-DCA.
Old Jun 27, 08, 8:30 am

Location: NC USA (AA 2 Million Miler, AA Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold)
Rdu

Originally Posted by ORD_UA1K View Post
American Eagle to drop 10 RDU flights

American Eagle plans to cut 10 round-trip flights it currently offers at Raleigh-Durham International Airport, spokeswoman Mindy Hamlin said Wednesday.

The commuter carrier, which is owned by AMR Corp. (NYSE: AMR) and is a sister company of American Airlines, plans to cut four flights between RDU and Newark, N.J., and two flights each between RDU and Jacksonville, Fla., Kansas City, Mo., and Louisville, Ky.

http://triangle.bizjournals.com/tria...html?ana=yfcpc

Surprised that's ALL that they cut here @ RDU.
Those cities are just cities that got added because XJET started them. 18 months ago they didn't exist anyway. Could have been much worse!
Old Jun 27, 08, 9:47 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage and New York City

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Originally Posted by ethang801 View Post
All LGA-BOS and LGA-DCA flights disappear from the schedule on Mon, Nov 3.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: