Check eVip balance online - now available

Old Jan 29, 2009, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
balance now available online

There is a new section visible under the "view my upgrades" section of My Account, specifically Systemwide upgrade balance
Old Jan 29, 2009, 7:34 am

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Originally Posted by bdemaria
There is a new section visible under the "view my upgrades" section of My Account, specifically Systemwide upgrade balance
It must have just come up, as I looked the other day.

Thanks
Old Jan 29, 2009, 7:40 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
They show where the eVIPs were earned through hyperlinks. It would be really cool if they could link the "used" items to the flights in a similar manner. This would make debugging of discrepancies that much easier.

But this is a great step forward, assuming that they don't monkey with expiration dates in the future.

Cheers.
Old Jan 29, 2009, 7:51 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
^

Originally Posted by brp
They show where the eVIPs were earned through hyperlinks. It would be really cool if they could link the "used" items to the flights in a similar manner. This would make debugging of discrepancies that much easier.

But this is a great step forward, assuming that they don't monkey with expiration dates in the future.

Cheers.
Old Jan 29, 2009, 9:44 am
nsr

Looks like there is no need to wait for Mon-Tue for the evips to be deposited.

From aa.com:
"Q: When will my systemwide upgrades be deposited, and how will I know they are available for me to use?
A: When you earn systemwide upgrades, they are credited to your account within 48 hours of the update to your account."
Old Jan 29, 2009, 10:14 am

Programs: AA Plat
Finally, it's up.

Immediately helpful because I saw that my evip balance was zero, even though I know I have one left. I called and it seems that AA pulled two extra evips from my account for the same trip so really I have a "-1" balance. The CSR said he submitted discrepancy report, and I should have it fixed in a week or so.
Old Jan 29, 2009, 10:19 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
It shows I have one complimentary systemwide issued in November that I know nothing about. Maybe they messed up deducting somewhere along the way and put that back in account to balance things out, as my ending balance is correct.
Old Jan 29, 2009, 11:35 am

Programs: AA lifetime gold, United Mileage Plus silver, Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by tom911
It shows I have one complimentary systemwide issued in November that I know nothing about. Maybe they messed up deducting somewhere along the way and put that back in account to balance things out, as my ending balance is correct.
assuming only the Explats would see it (the section that is). I dont see anything other than 500 mile upgrade summary in my account.
Old Jan 29, 2009, 12:01 pm

[deleted]
Old Jan 29, 2009, 12:25 pm
kjh

is it accurate though?

This seems like a potentially useful feature .... but when I checked my balance this morning, it indicated that I had 1 more evip than I should have ... guess I will have to check with AA via telephone to find out what's up with that.

Last edited by kjh; Jan 29, 2009 at 12:26 pm Reason: typo
Old Jan 29, 2009, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by kjh
This seems like a potentially useful feature .... but when I checked my balance this morning, it indicated that I had 1 more evip than I should have ... guess I will have to check with AA via telephone to find out what's up with that.
Could it be for a segment that is waitlisted for the upgrade? Remember that the upgrade is not deducted until the reissue occurs in the upgraded inventory.
Old Jan 29, 2009, 12:49 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by ESpen36
Could it be for a segment that is waitlisted for the upgrade? Remember that the upgrade is not deducted until the reissue occurs in the upgraded inventory.
Perhaps. But mrs. brp's account is off as well- one extra 2009 and one extra 2010. We have some confirmed for later use, but nothing waitlisted.

However, I would venture to say that this listing (coming from their DB as it likely does) is no more inaccurate than the information you'd get calling them.

Cheers.
Old Jan 29, 2009, 12:50 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Or one that hasn't been correctly applied by the initial agent? When I flew to Dublin last week the systemwides had not been applied correctly to my itinerary, and the counter agent had to call and have them pulled and get certificate numbers. First time that's ever happened to me in 8 years of EXP.
Old Jan 29, 2009, 1:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Nice feature to have. ^

It would be really cool if they could link the "used" items to the flights in a similar manner. This would make debugging of discrepancies that much easier.
I second this.
Old Jan 29, 2009, 2:19 pm

Interestingly, the actual earned date is shown, instead of the Monday after when they were available.

I wonder if this will make future earned eVIPs available the day of posting of the qualified flight.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.