Check eVip balance online - now available

Old Feb 2, 2009, 10:14 am

Programs: EXP AA 5.7MM, Diamond HHonors, a bit of Marriott, a bit of United, a bit of this and that
CS acknowledged that one of my eVIPs (see previous post) was misapplied, but they couldn't fix things--so they comped me an extra eVIP to make things right. Interestingly enough, that new comped eVIP has an expiration date of 2011.
Old Feb 2, 2009, 10:20 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
We definitely need to keep aware...

as AAbuzzard says.

The e-mail stated, in its entirety:

Dear JDiver,

As an AAdvantage Executive Platinum® member, you receive eight complimentary systemwide upgrades for travel around the globe on American Airlines. As an added convenience, we've recently made it easier for you to check your available balance.

You can now view your systemwide upgrade balance on AA.com. Simply login, go to My Account and select the View My Upgrades tab. Here, you'll see the balance information for your 500-mile upgrades and your systemwide upgrades – all in one convenient place online!

No more waiting for a monthly email to check your balance. In fact, this information will be updated daily with the number of systemwide upgrades currently available for use, the date they were deposited and their applicable expiration date. You will also be able to view the number of upgrades you've already used or those associated with future trips.

Once you're ready to book your trip, just call your Executive Platinum Service Desk to make your reservations. Complete details can be found at www.aa.com/vpupdate.

We recognize these upgrades are a valuable benefit of your AAdvantage Executive Platinum status and are happy to provide you with the convenience of viewing your balance online. Thank you for flying with us.

Sincerely,

Rob Friedman
President
AAdvantage® Marketing Programs"

No changes listed about VIP longevity, and let's hope that cat stays dead.
Old Feb 2, 2009, 12:34 pm

I like this new feature! It shows I have 8 when in reality I should only have 4. Maybe the CSR didn't deduct the upgrades when I used them?
Old Feb 2, 2009, 1:25 pm

Programs: Aegean Miles & Bonus Gold, HHonors Gold, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by UAL123
I like this new feature! It shows I have 8 when in reality I should only have 4. Maybe the CSR didn't deduct the upgrades when I used them?
Like UAL, mine is showing 6 when I should only have 2. I'm pretty sure I had two that were incorrectly applied, because this matches the last upgrade-update email I received.

Bonus for us!

-SF
Old Feb 2, 2009, 1:30 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
I'm correct, but mrs. brp has two extra. One is going to expire at the end of Feb. It really is used, but seems not to have been applied even though all flights are upgraded. So, I'm not going to feel bad about letting it "expire." The one extra 2010, though, we'll see what happens after we finish the last of the flights in the current set on March 2.

Cheers.
Old Feb 2, 2009, 8:15 pm

Programs: EXP 1MM
Houston, we have a problem

Originally Posted by AAbuzzard
This morning I received AA's e-mail informing me that my eVIPs are now visible online. When I checked, I found out that one of my 2010 eVIPs was misapplied. So, right now I am on the phone with Customer Service (after EXP desk first took my call but told me I'd have to talk to CS because only they can fix the problem). Sure glad I caught the problem at this point while I still remember what eVIP was applied for what flight.
Gosh darn it! This is just not going to work out for me. Everything seems to be in order. Hmmm, wait a moment, where are those two AADERs? OMG, it can't be - I demand compensation! Any words of wisdom I should pass along to the CS rep. for the experience of sheer horror in finding my two AADER credits not yet applied?

Oh, and I didn't get the upgrades on those last two flights either - sigh.

Ringing the EXP desk.

J...

500 Mile Upgrades Summary
Date Transaction Description Purchased Mileage Exchange Earned Other Redeemed Total
Previous Balance 9
CURRENT BALANCE 0 0 0 0 0 9
Buy 500 Mile Upgrades

Systemwide Upgrades SummaryLast Updated: Monday, February 02, 2009
Valid Through Earned Used* Expired Available
Feb 28, 2009 8 8 0 0
Category Date Earned Close detail
Executive Platinum Dec 05, 2007 8 8 0 0

Feb 28, 2010 8 2 0 6
Category Date Earned Close detail
Executive Platinum Jul 19, 2008 8 2 0 6

TOTAL UPGRADES AVAILABLE 6
Old Feb 4, 2009, 3:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP since inception
Originally Posted by yogi4582
Mine is off the other way... it shows 1 LESS than I should have.
Originally Posted by nbevan
I am also one down
Originally Posted by brp
I'm correct, but mrs. brp has two extra.
Guess nbevan and I know now where our missing ones went.

Made the dreaded call to EXP desk yesterday. They couldn't figure it out so passed me over to AAdv cust srvc. 33 minutes later they tracked it down - back to my rightful count now.

There has to be a better way.
Old Feb 4, 2009, 3:49 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yogi4582

There has to be a better way.
Of course, realize that these issues with proper/improper crediting and numbers is unrelated to the "onlineness" of the SWU's. These sorts of problems were always there...just not as visible

Cheers.
Old Feb 4, 2009, 4:44 pm

And now you will be able to track them in real time so that if one incorrectly goes missing you wiil be able to ring and get it fixed. Similarly if one remains in your account when it should have been taken out you'll be able to get right on the phone to Aadvantage and make sure they remove it immediately!
Old Feb 4, 2009, 5:05 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 3544quebec
Similarly if one remains in your account when it should have been taken out you'll be able to get right on the phone to Aadvantage and make sure they remove it immediately!
Bet that'll happen a lot

Cheers.
Old Feb 4, 2009, 10:10 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, Lifetime Platinum
For those of us who've found an extra in their balance...could there be an issue if we actually try to use it? Don't deny that burning vips is the reason I might take a trip soon...
Old Feb 5, 2009, 7:58 am

Programs: AA EXP since inception
Originally Posted by brp
Of course, realize that these issues with proper/improper crediting and numbers is unrelated to the "onlineness" of the SWU's. These sorts of problems were always there...just not as visible

Cheers.
Absolutely. When I said "there has to be a better way", I meant there has to be a better way for them to be able to easily view what cert was used for which flight. When it takes two of them 25 minutes to divine that information, that indicates to me that the process/tools are suboptimal.

If they gave *us* the ability to view cert usage information online, I would think it would save at least *some* of those types of calls they're getting now.

But for now, I'm just happy to be able to check my upgrade balance any time I want, instead of having to wait for the monthly "upgrade bank" e-mail. Baby steps.
Old Feb 5, 2009, 11:15 am

weird - i don't see this on my "view my upgrades" page. i'm EXP but used all 8 earlier before this was turned on....shouldn't it show that i used them all at least?
Old Feb 16, 2009, 12:27 am

Read the thread.

I am PLT, and am at 2.956M or the like. I don't see the eVIP portion of the "view my upgrades" page- only the stickers. (My balance is zero until I get past 3MM)

So.... will this show up for me when I get to 3MM, or is it only for EX-PLTS??
Old Feb 16, 2009, 2:37 am

Originally Posted by grimani
weird - i don't see this on my "view my upgrades" page. i'm EXP but used all 8 earlier before this was turned on....shouldn't it show that i used them all at least?
Likewise. I assume that it just vanishes when all of your eVIPs have been used.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.