Wiki Posts
Search

MR - Multi-City Planning - Checking In

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2008, 12:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, US Chairman, CO, DL, NW, MR Gold, HH
MR - Multi-City Planning - Checking In

Hello, my name is dxp178 and I'm a FlyerTalk addict...

Insert "Hi dxp178" ...here

First time poster, long time lurker!

First of all, I want to thank all of you for the great information, my newest hobby is planning MR's!

I have a chance to do my first MR from LHR-RDU the early part of June. Company is paying for the ticket and I'm free to do what I want.

I found an LHR-LAX-JFK-RDU that I'm interested in...2 questions.

Easiest way to book, PLT Toll Free line (i have an existing ticket LHR-RDU- but I want to change it)

or
Cancel first ticket and do a Multi-City booking.

Question 2-Multi-City booking...if I check in at LHR do I get all of my tickets for the entire trip or just the first leg (LHR-LAX)? I wasn't sure if Multi-city constituted an End of Line and thus I need to re-checkin at each stop.

Thanks
Old May 19, 2008, 1:43 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Don't forget, if you cancel it or change it, you will have to pay the penalty.

If you do that, then just book the multi city.

I flew LHR - ORD - BOS and at LHR they gave me both tickets, so I would imagine you will get all yours there.

Good luck
Old May 19, 2008, 5:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, US Chairman, CO, DL, NW, MR Gold, HH
Thanks for the info...

Did you book your LHR-ORD-BOS as a multi?
Old May 19, 2008, 6:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL Plat, US Chairman, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IC RA
I flew LHR-JFK-SFO-DFW-AUS and LHR-LAX-AUS both this year, and I had no problems getting all boarding passes when I checked in at LHR. One time, the agent asked if I would like to be put on a more direct routing, and since I was feeling a bit ill, I said yes. The other times, nobody said anything more than "wow - that's a lot of flights".

YMMV.
Old May 19, 2008, 6:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
The key to getting all the BPs at LHR will be the amount of time between your LHR check in and the departures of the following flights. If you check in at LHR and it is more than 24 hrs prior to departure for the JFK-RDU flight then you will not be able to get your BP.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.