C Inventory for NRT destinations

Old May 17, 2008, 9:48 am
Original Poster

C Inventory for NRT destinations

I am getting ready to book into Cat L for BOS-JFK (or ORD)-NRT-MNL. I checked on EF and they list no C availability on my dates. Any idea when C inventory opens?
Old May 17, 2008, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
C inventory may open up at anytime between now and just before flight time. There are no guarantees however that C inventory will open up.
Old May 17, 2008, 10:12 am

What day of the week are you flying?
Old May 17, 2008, 10:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by millionmiler
What day of the week are you flying?
Thursday and Tuesday
Old May 17, 2008, 11:15 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
In general, NRT seems to be one of the toughest destinations for C inventory. The only eVIP that has not cleared for me in something like 4 years was SJC-NRT.

Cheers.
Old May 17, 2008, 11:23 am
Original Poster

I am asking because when I booked my previous trip (that I took in March 08 but booked in October 07) C inventory was immediately available. I just thought it was rather odd that it wasn't available 10 months out.
Old May 17, 2008, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by tonyric
I am asking because when I booked my previous trip (that I took in March 08 but booked in October 07) C inventory was immediately available. I just thought it was rather odd that it wasn't available 10 months out.
There may well have been a couple of C seats available when the flight was loaded into the system but they are already booked.
Old May 17, 2008, 1:00 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
i was waitlisted on both sides from DFW and both cleared. one, about 5 days and the other was about 2 or 3 days before departure

c
Old May 17, 2008, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by brp
In general, NRT seems to be one of the toughest destinations for C inventory. The only eVIP that has not cleared for me in something like 4 years was SJC-NRT.

Cheers.
Welll that route is no longer an issue for upgrades.
Old May 17, 2008, 5:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
My experience with C inventory to NRT is that it's only available in advance on Tuesday and Wednesday flights. I just booked 2 RT to NRT using eVIPs for Sept - There was fairly good availability on Tue and Wed from Sept onwards, but nothing over the summer months. I looked pretty far out into the future and this Tue/Wed trend seemed to hold.
Old May 17, 2008, 6:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by brenc3
My experience with C inventory to NRT is that it's only available in advance on Tuesday and Wednesday flights. I just booked 2 RT to NRT using eVIPs for Sept - There was fairly good availability on Tue and Wed from Sept onwards, but nothing over the summer months. I looked pretty far out into the future and this Tue/Wed trend seemed to hold.
Nothing on the tue/wed surrounding my dates either.

Originally Posted by bdemaria
There may well have been a couple of C seats available when the flight was loaded into the system but they are already booked.
Could be, but since there are none on the surrounding dates for a couple weeks then they must have just not released inventory.
Old May 17, 2008, 7:07 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by mvoight
Welll that route is no longer an issue for upgrades.
No wonder mine haven't been clearing lately

But, from what I've read here, it seems that the routes to NRT are notoriously tough.

Cheers.
Old May 17, 2008, 11:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver
In my limited experience, I am 3 for 3 so far on ORD-NRT, NRT-ORD and now JFK-NRT upgrades (one NRT-LAX on waitlist). Last time I checked on EF, there was no C availability for a month around my travel date when I was booking. So just gotta do the usual (a suggestion confirmed by the folks here) to fly on a day with likely less business travel, and try to book a flight that is at least J7 D7 if possible, and hopefully even showing I inventory, and you should have a decent chance clearing the waitlist (unless you have no status, that may make it tough).
Old May 18, 2008, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I assume the new configurations, with the 5% increase in business class capacity, will help. But I assume it won't help on advance availability until they complete the re-config and can load all flights with 37 available seats.
Old May 19, 2008, 5:17 am

Programs: AA EXP 0.8MM, Skyward, SPG Gold
I too have been following C availibility from US to NRT for a flight in February and until 2 weeks ago, they had lots of C seats on Tuesdays and Wednesdays as some have already pointed out. Then all of a sudden they were all gone. It showed 0 for all the dates around end of January and begenning of Feb. Very strange. I should have booked my ticket but I didn't think it would go from showing 7 to 0 for all the flights around my dates. Lesson learned.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.