DFW-ANC Meals in F

Old May 8, 08, 11:52 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, ICH Plat
DFW-ANC Meals in F

Doing MR 5/9 - 5/10 AUS-DFW-ANC. It is almost 7hrs outbound. What is F meal like? Is there a snack close to landing like an int'l flight?
Old May 9, 08, 7:28 am

Programs: AA EXP, MM; UA 2P
Flew this on Sunday. F meal was choice of beef short ribs or cheese tortellini. Salad but no choice of dressing. Choice of cheese bread or whole grain roll. Dessert pre-made ice cream/chunks of chocolate-like matter/fruit at the bottom thing.

2 differences from normal domestic F flight: personal water bottles were distributed, and the chocolate chip cookies were saved for one hour before landing. And there was actually a choice between chocolate chip and oatmeal raisin. So that's the snack.

No pillows--you may want to consider bringing one.
Old May 9, 08, 8:09 am

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Hertz 5*,
Originally Posted by ohioflyer View Post
Flew this on Sunday. F meal was choice of beef short ribs or cheese tortellini. Salad but no choice of dressing. Choice of cheese bread or whole grain roll. Dessert pre-made ice cream/chunks of chocolate-like matter/fruit at the bottom thing.

2 differences from normal domestic F flight: personal water bottles were distributed, and the chocolate chip cookies were saved for one hour before landing. And there was actually a choice between chocolate chip and oatmeal raisin. So that's the snack.

No pillows--you may want to consider bringing one.
Flew DFW-ANC on Monday and back on Wed. Meal was the same however I know I had a pillow for the ANC-DFW but can't remember the ride up though it seems like I had one. It is the same aircraft so if there aren't pillows on the way up what do they do with them?
Old May 9, 08, 8:59 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Gold
I was 5/3 ANC- 5/4 DFW, as described, mostly the same but I don't remember them ever asking me if I wanted a pillow. I was too tired as I'd already flown the outbound LGA-DFW-ANC that morning. Will be doing it again on 5/17.
Old May 9, 08, 9:06 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, ICH Plat
Thanks for the info. I am packing my pillow as we type
Old May 9, 08, 10:55 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Marriott PLT, National Exec Elite
I am unfortunately going to have to cancel my run on the 15th, as our expected baby has decided to make an appearance 3 weeks early this weekend!
Old May 9, 08, 11:13 am

Programs: AA GLD .25MM, CO, UA, US, DL, HH, SPG (all cardboard)
Congratulations! Do they have their AAdvantage number yet?
Old May 9, 08, 11:45 am

Programs: AA/CO/UA Marriott
Originally Posted by atxtraveler View Post
I am unfortunately going to have to cancel my run on the 15th, as our expected baby has decided to make an appearance 3 weeks early this weekend!
WOW!!!! I had to also cancel my ANC trip because our baby is arriving early... it was due on the 19th! I actually almost went but ANC is just too far away if I needed to get home quickly.
Old May 9, 08, 11:46 am

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
Definitely bring a pillow for your flight back from Anchorage. Even though this is one of their longest domestic routes, they don't give pillows per their domestic policy. Pretty ridiculous.

As a side note, LAX-SJU does get pillows on the 763 flights (but those seem to have become 757's).
Old May 9, 08, 1:22 pm

Programs: AA EP, AA AC
Just got back this morning from my run to ANC last night and then doing it again on Monday, May 12. My meals were all bought at DFW! (LOL) Long flights in coach for sure, but it was tolerable in the exit row. Gotta love 9C. All worth it for me though. Started flying on April 26th at zero eqms and as of May 18th will have enough miles when the DEQM bonus hits to be EXP and with another one or two trips in striking distance for the extra bonus. So an NW PE leaves NW for AA. Safe travels Y'all.
Old May 9, 08, 1:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Marriott PLT, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by KD5MDK View Post
Did this question need to be asked? Of course... and she is already earning her Europe college trip as her grandparents have linked their credit card to her AA number on RewardsNetwork.

Originally Posted by moldavian View Post
WOW!!!! I had to also cancel my ANC trip because our baby is arriving early... it was due on the 19th! I actually almost went but ANC is just too far away if I needed to get home quickly.
I agree. The doctor told me yesterday... you are welcome to go to Alaska next week if you do not mind listening to your baby being born on speakerphone instead of being there. GREAT!
Old May 9, 08, 1:47 pm

Location: Now:AUS (again); Previous: LGA/EWR (BLKYN, missing JFK), AUS, SAT
Programs: Current: UA-Silver, Former AA Plat, DL Silver
Originally Posted by KD5MDK View Post
Only we would ever ask that question

And congrats on the new kid.
Old May 9, 08, 1:54 pm

Location: Now:AUS (again); Previous: LGA/EWR (BLKYN, missing JFK), AUS, SAT
Programs: Current: UA-Silver, Former AA Plat, DL Silver
Originally Posted by SNA_Flyer View Post
Definitely bring a pillow for your flight back from Anchorage. Even though this is one of their longest domestic routes, they don't give pillows per their domestic policy. Pretty ridiculous.

As a side note, LAX-SJU does get pillows on the 763 flights (but those seem to have become 757's).
This is something that AA needs to fix. It's absolutely ridiculous that long domestic flights (longer than some TATL runs) don't have pillows or blankets or meals. There should be a set policy...

1)Blankets and pillows on all service longer than 5 hours. Also blankets and pillows on all redeyes as well as the first flight of the morning.
2)Free meals on all transcontinental service (because 6 hours + without eating is a bit extreme).
3)Free meals on all flights longer than 5 hours domestically (so that would be mainly transcons but would include LAX-MIA/FLL, etc). Increase tickets by $5 to pay for it.
Old May 9, 08, 2:57 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by ndhapple View Post
(because 6 hours + without eating is a bit extreme).
Since food is available for purchase, what you really are suggesting is that 6+ hours without eating for free is a bit extreme.
Old May 9, 08, 3:00 pm

Programs: UA plat, DL diamond, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz Plat, Avis President
Originally Posted by GTITAN View Post
Just got back this morning from my run to ANC last night and then doing it again on Monday, May 12. My meals were all bought at DFW! (LOL) Long flights in coach for sure, but it was tolerable in the exit row. Gotta love 9C. All worth it for me though. Started flying on April 26th at zero eqms and as of May 18th will have enough miles when the DEQM bonus hits to be EXP and with another one or two trips in striking distance for the extra bonus. So an NW PE leaves NW for AA. Safe travels Y'all.
I'm on your flight on the 12th - do you need AC access?
PM me if you want it.

Search this Thread