FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   question about opinion place survey (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/821233-question-about-opinion-place-survey.html)

lrpwd May 7, 2008 11:36 am

question about opinion place survey

Hi,

I did opinionplace survey for AA miles one month ago, I wonder how long I need to wait for the miles. Did anyone did this survey and receive the miles?How long did you normally wait to receive the miles?

Thanks

veganmacrochick May 7, 2008 12:01 pm

I have completed many opinion place surveys they always post. Not sure in how much time. I usually cut and paste the last page info just in case....

laurajoyce May 7, 2008 2:43 pm

Mine always post too. I'd wait another couple of weeks if I were you.

aka Julie May 7, 2008 5:40 pm

They're "running behind"

My husband belongs to Opinion Place. In the past survey mileage awards have usually posted in 3-4 weeks. However, since March 26 he has done 5 surveys and none of them have posted. He prints out the final page which shows his ID#, survey # and mileage award just in case there are problems.

He e-mailed them about 2 weeks ago and they said they would investigate since AA is supposed to post miles within 30 days. He heard back from them yesterday and they said they are "running behind" in posting miles.:rolleyes:

shadesofgrey1x May 7, 2008 6:11 pm

I am seeing the same problem with my account as well.

AA-Platinum May 7, 2008 7:57 pm

Through the end March 2008 I was seeing postings in less than a week. Since the beginning of April, no posts at all. They tell us that miles will post in 4-6 weeks. I'm almost at the 6 weeks now.

willdallas2003 May 7, 2008 9:23 pm

I have never had mine post in less than a week. I consider it a good job if they post in less than a month.

psychtobe Jul 14, 2009 12:28 am

Mrs. Psychtobe's account expires 8/25/09, and I just qualified for and completed an OpinionPlace survey today 7/14/09. Am I 100% safe or should I be looking for a back up plan to keep the account alive? She doesn't have a credit card and no rental cars or flights coming up...

jabrams72 Jul 14, 2009 2:55 am

I had three post yesterday--from various dates all a couple of months ago.

vitacura Jul 14, 2009 10:43 am

My last two surveys have posted within 3-4 weeks.

psychtobe Jul 14, 2009 11:14 am

Originally Posted by jabrams72 (Post 12062699)
I had three post yesterday--from various dates all a couple of months ago.

did any take longer than 40 days?

any suggestions for other cheap and fast ways to post miles? I was going to buy an iTunes song through the AAdvantage shopping program but it seemed that would take just as long.

Redhead Jul 14, 2009 11:26 am

Originally Posted by psychtobe (Post 12062426)
Mrs. Psychtobe's account expires 8/25/09, and I just qualified for and completed an OpinionPlace survey today 7/14/09. Am I 100% safe or should I be looking for a back up plan to keep the account alive? She doesn't have a credit card and no rental cars or flights coming up...

While my miles from Opinion Place always post, that is a bit too close to comfort for me if her miles are expiring in a month. I would try to get some more just in case. Dining rewards post within 3-5 weeks for me. Worst case, do a fast mileage run

JY1024 Jul 14, 2009 11:59 am

Originally Posted by psychtobe (Post 12062426)

I'd also check out this post: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/11822072-post36.html

There are a few threads out there that discuss other simple ways to keep an account alive and well. :)