Search

AA Elite on Mexicana - benefits?

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2008, 2:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Admirals Club, TrueBlue, AF/KLM Flying Blue
AA Elite on Mexicana - benefits?

Hello all,

A simple question... Are there any benefits to being an AA Elite when flying Mexicana? I referenced aa.com, and only saw that aadvantage members earn miles... but didn't see anything else.

Thanks!
Old May 4, 2008, 3:46 pm

Great question... at this point I think the answer is no. Once Mexicana is a part of oneworld then things may change.

I recently flew MX (I am EXP on AA) and could not even board early. I had a hard time even explaining to the ticket agents what I was asking about.

Eager to hear others experiences.
Old May 4, 2008, 4:02 pm

Really no benefit at all. Mexicana cannot see nor recognize status. Yes, once (if) they join OW then that should change.

Peace!
Old May 4, 2008, 4:13 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
The only "elite" treatment I have received on MX was not as a oneworld Emerald or AA EP - it was because i was in the Ejecutiva / Business cabin, so I received all the perks (such as they are) as a MX biz pax, including use of the MX lounge (nothing spectacular.)

BTW if you are flying out of MEX, the "perks" for Ejectutiva or AA biz codeshare include boarding first and a very high probability of being given a secondary security check; they still do them there, and the not exceptionally bright or dedicated security staff tend to select from the first to board (as opposed to actually do some screening or use some kind of profile data.)
Old May 4, 2008, 6:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2.5MM National EE
No benefit BUT you should be able to use their lounge, which by the way is really nice.
Old May 4, 2008, 7:20 pm

Programs: BA SL, TG SL, Sixt DIA
I am not sure if my experience is was related to being an AA PLT or having a B class ticket for my recent flight from MEX to ORD.
Checked in and received boarding pass showing seat 27A.

When I walked down the gangway to the plane the GA came running after me and asked me if I was willing to change my seat, after I told her that I wouldn't mind she handed me my new boarding pass, showing seat 1D.

I also saw them deboarding a family of four, who then came back on board later, but I don't know if that had anything to do with it.
Old May 5, 2008, 12:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP
You earn miles, but on certain fare classes only.

No elite benefits (as of a month ago) unless you're on a business/first ticket, but again, that will change once it formally enters OneWorld.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.