New snack options 5/1-31

Old May 2, 2008, 1:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat
New snack options 5/1-31

For select flights:
"
American will conduct two tests from May 1-31, 2008 in select markets, including flights between:

Dallas-Fort Worth (DFW) and
Los Angeles (LAX)
New York La Guardia (LGA)
San Diego (SAN)
Seattle (SEA)
San Francisco (SFO)

Chicago O'Hare (ORD) and
Los Angeles (LAX)
San Diego (SAN)
Seattle (SEA)
San Francisco (SFO)

* Jet Pack Breakfast: A breakfast of a cinnamon pastry, fruit cup, almond butter, strawberry preserves, crackers, granola bar, cheese and Emergen C powder will be available for $5 on flights departing before 10 a.m.

* Jet Pack Deli: An afternoon snack featuring salami, cheese, crackers, applesauce, bag of cashew crunch, and a chocolate chunk cookie will be available for $5 on flights departing after 10 a.m.

Each test features natural and organic ingredients - NO transfats - NO MSG - NO high fructose corn syrup.

At American Airlines, we understand that you want more choices and convenience! That's why we are continually evaluating our meal service options in order to give customers what they value.
"

Last edited by jakuda; May 2, 2008 at 2:24 pm Reason: Forgot to add the last two paragraphs
Old May 2, 2008, 1:55 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by jakuda
* Jet Pack Breakfast: A breakfast of a cinnamon pastry, fruit cup, almond butter, strawberry preserves, crackers, granola bar, cheese and Emergen C powder will be available for $5 on flights departing before 10 a.m.
"
Yuk -- that sounds really disgusting. What the h3ll is "Emergen C powder"?

Why can't they serve more fresh things? El Al served a fantastic breakfast of hot, fresh-baked rolls, fresh fruit and vegetables and Israeli yoghurt and local cheeses on the last flight of theirs that I took -- it was the best airline meal I've ever had in economy.

Obviously, this breakfast "jet pack" isn't nearly as unpleasant sounding as the snack boxes they serve on TATL flights (with all the over-sweet junk food and nothing fresh included) but it could still be healthier and more appealing.
Old May 2, 2008, 2:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by salut0
EmergenC powder is a powder you stir into a glass of water to get a gatorade-type drink. Lots of Vitamin C and other electrolytes. It's not as bad as it sounds.
Old May 2, 2008, 2:08 pm

For select flights:
"

* Jet Pack Deli: An afternoon snack featuring salami, cheese, crackers, applesauce, bag of cashew crunch, and a chocolate chunk cookie will be available for $5 on flights departing after 10 a.m.
"
Yuck squared -- they ought to call it the fat pack deli. I wouldn't be surprised to see 70% of the calories in this "snack" coming from fat, and a total calorie count in the 700 calorie range.
Old May 2, 2008, 2:09 pm

Programs: AA PLT/2MM, SWA A+, SPG Titanium, Avis Chairman
EmergenC powder is a powder you stir into a glass of water to get a gatorade-type drink. Lots of Vitamin C and other electrolytes. It's not as bad as it sounds.
I usually toss an EmergenC lemon-lime into a bottle of water once a day or so for the nutrients. Also good to toss in my camelbak when I fill it inside security and don't want to taste the local water.
Old May 2, 2008, 2:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Sounds gross! If USAir can have decent fruit and cheese plates, don't understand why this crap that AA needs to pawn off. Even more reason to get to the front of the a/c
Old May 2, 2008, 2:12 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
Yes but that assumes I like Gatorade... What about something not sweet to drink? It's already annoying enough that AA load only 4 cans of club soda on their flights (even on a 777!) and only a few bottles of still water. Why do they assume everyone wants to drink sweet soda?

(As an aside, healthier food options might also improve the behaviour of rowdy children on the flight, too, and make things more pleasant for other passengers and less stressful for the FAs as well -- kids can get very boisterous after drinking too much soda, as I have witnessed myself.)
Old May 2, 2008, 2:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lupine
Yuck squared -- they ought to call it the fat pack deli. I wouldn't be surprised to see 70% of the calories in this "snack" coming from fat, and a total calorie count in the 700 calorie range.
Also sodium content would be very high. But no MSG!!

(Added the last two paragraphs in the original post)
Old May 3, 2008, 1:38 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Yes but that assumes I like Gatorade... What about something not sweet to drink? It's already annoying enough that AA load only 4 cans of club soda on their flights (even on a 777!) and only a few bottles of still water. Why do they assume everyone wants to drink sweet soda?
Only 4 cans? That surprises me. I almost always drink club soda and have never seen AA run out on a flight.
Old May 3, 2008, 1:46 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA PLT, ICH Plat

Why can't they serve more fresh things? El Al served a fantastic breakfast of hot, fresh-baked rolls, fresh fruit and vegetables and Israeli yoghurt and local cheeses on the last flight of theirs that I took -- it was the best airline meal I've ever had in economy.

Thats because there is a jewish grandmother in the galley of every El Al flight adding salt and love and ready to kill themselves if you don't eat
Old May 3, 2008, 1:59 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Mixes well with light rum.
Old May 3, 2008, 2:09 pm

Location: Now:AUS (again); Previous: LGA/EWR (BLKYN, missing JFK), AUS, SAT
Programs: Current: UA-Silver, Former AA Plat, DL Silver
Originally Posted by alhcfp
Thats because there is a jewish grandmother in the galley of every El Al flight adding salt and love and ready to kill themselves if you don't eat
If you don't eat our food, you'll shame the family (Can you tell I have Jewish inlaws?)
Old May 3, 2008, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
Sounds gross! If USAir can have decent fruit and cheese plates, don't understand why this crap that AA needs to pawn off. Even more reason to get to the front of the a/c
The list of things I like about USAirways is short, but I agree on this one. It's the best B-o-B I have found, and fairly appealing by an absolute standard.
Old May 3, 2008, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Earned status with AA, DL, SPG, HH, Hyatt, Marriott, Seabourn, NCL, National, Hertz...I miss my bed!
Maybe I'm in the minority but this sounds better than half the nasty F meals I've been served in the last year on AA.
Old May 3, 2008, 6:11 pm

Programs: AA LTPLT UA1P Hilton Dia Marriott Plat
Its all garbage and fat. Next time you fly LOOK at everyone on board. We are one fat nation. AA is not helping with this crap.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.